Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 213199 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 05:04:21 pm »

To the lady "I am the god Donut, I saw you in trouble and save you because."

To the man "Your story is far from over young/old one, I, the god Donut, wish for you to live."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 05:15:53 pm »

to the lady "I do not know your future, but i believe you will change the world, for better or worse."

To the man: "I do not know what these changes will be, but to end your life is to end a million changes that could save a life or save the world. Go, make your impression upon the world."
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 05:16:22 pm »

To both: "You know me not, mortal, for I am fresh upon the land, but now you have been saved by my grace. My name is Donut, and in serving me you may gain power of your own."

To man: "Though I know not what may have caused you to cast away your precious life from the cliff, now you will have nothing to fear, for you are under my care and guidance."

To woman: "It matters not why the greenskinned ones were chasing you, but give me your faith and I can destroy those who would harm you or your kin."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 05:24:11 pm »

to the lady "I do not know your future, but i believe you will change the world, for better or worse."

To the man: "I do not know what these changes will be, but to end your life is to end a million changes that could save a life or save the world. Go, make your impression upon the world."
Or this, this is good.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 05:28:40 pm »

Really? i thought i botched it with the lady.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 05:34:36 pm »

Nah, it all mysticism and stuff, you know like all the legends start off.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 05:36:51 pm »

I think we should lean less towards the stereotype of Chaos=Evil and Fire=Evil and more towards the change part of chaos.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 05:38:13 pm »

I think we should lean less towards the stereotype of Chaos=Evil and Fire=Evil and more towards the change part of chaos.
Or maybe the "fuck up everyone except my followers until people start begging to serve me" aspect of chaos.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 05:39:26 pm »

Ehh, maybe we could be shifting between Chaotic Good and Chaotic Evil? after all, we are chaos.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 05:41:33 pm »

rabid@ my three choices at the beginning(fire, life, chaos) were with a good god in mind. And I can't think of any purely good chaos gods(Sheogorath is the closest off the top of my head.)

Jbg@ save it for a demon game. (I know about demonhood thread.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:45:20 pm by scapheap »

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 06:45:51 pm »

Think about it this way: Chaos is randomness, and we are chaos. We shouldn't adhere to a rigid schedule. I'm not saying we should be evil, but we should be shifting.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 06:49:49 pm »

rabid@ my three choices at the beginning(fire, life, chaos) were with a good god in mind. And I can't think of any purely good chaos gods(Sheogorath is the closest off the top of my head.)

Hmm. In my opinion, we'll want to avoid going off our rocker too often. Apparently the world we live in is rather hostile to gods, or has some fierce competition. A good plan would be to limit the chaos aspect until the villagers wouldn't mind a little crazy, and we're no longer at risk.

(The demonhood thread? Nuke's?)
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 06:54:13 pm »

Hmm. In my opinion, we'll want to avoid going off our rocker too often. Apparently the world we live in is rather hostile to gods, or has some fierce competition. A good plan would be to limit the chaos aspect until the villagers wouldn't mind a little crazy, and we're no longer at risk.

(The demonhood thread? Nuke's?)
Yes we know too little. Can't remember but it had two spinoffs by difference people, one for angel and one for human.

rabid@ At least err on the side of good.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2013, 08:06:46 pm »

To both: "You know me not, mortal, for I am fresh upon the land, but now you have been saved by my grace. My name is Donut, and in serving me you may gain power of your own."

To man: "Though I know not what may have caused you to cast away your precious life from the cliff, now you will have nothing to fear, for you are under my care and guidance."

To woman: "It matters not why the greenskinned ones were chasing you, but give me your faith and I can destroy those who would harm you or your kin."
To the lady "I am the god Donut, I saw you in trouble and save you because."

To the man "Your story is far from over young/old one, I, the god Donut, wish for you to live."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You spend 1 mana to converse with the young woman:

"I am the God Donut, and it is my will that the greenskins shall not harm you this day. Give me your faith, and those that threaten you and your kin shall know the burning agony of Fire, the terror of the swarms of Life roused to anger, and the true meaning of Chaos."   

She blinks as your melodious voice whispers in her ear, and then whispers back,
"I do not know why you would bestow such attention to one such as me, but if you desire my faith you shall have it."

You chuckle. "Do not underestimate yourself, little one. You have a part to play in the years to come. Now go, and spread word of Donut to others."

You feel 5 mana seep into the core of your being as you gain your first worshipper - the woman has a strong spirit. Your mana income per day is now 3.

---

Turning your attention to the young man atop the hill, you spend 1 mana to convey your voice to him.
"Step away from the cliff, it is not your destiny to die this day," you murmur.
"Donut, God of Fire, Life, and Chaos has use for you. Be not afraid, for now you walk under my care and guidence."

The man blinks, and then nods resolutely. "I am yours to command, my Lord," he rasps softly. "A moment ago I had naught to live for."

4 mana seeps into you, as you gain your second worshipper. Your mana income is now 5 per day.

Your current mana is 27. You can now speak to your new worshippers without expending mana.

The village you noticed earlier is still starving, their fields unnaturally barren.

Abruptly, a presence appears before you, and you can feel anger coming from it in palpable waves.
"I am Grumugga, Goddess of Orcs, Earth, and Water!" the intruder roars.
"Begone, and if you never so much as glower at an Orc again I will consider not hunting down every worshipper you ever gain!"

What do you do?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:41:14 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2013, 08:18:14 pm »

"I don't fear you, keep out of my way granny and I'll stay out of your."

Make the fields fertile again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 130