Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 212908 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2013, 08:30:29 pm »

Why is it that we feel the need to say our domains?

Gods are weird.

"Nay elder god. You hold no fear for me. Stray into my domain, and your water shall boil, your stone cracked by moss and root, and your orcs driven to insanity. For I am Donut, god of Life, Fire, and Chaos, and your power shall wilt compared to mine."

To man and woman; "Tell me, what ails the people of the village? Why are their fields unfilled?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 08:31:51 pm »

"Hmm, Yes. Well, your Orcs are none of my concern, but the woman was. I will not harm your Orcs, unless they interfere with me. Good day."

Make the fields fertile, and bless the crops to produce double the seeds.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 08:34:57 pm »

Take one of the politer options, and make the fields fertile. Kinda like rabidgam3r's idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2013, 08:36:27 pm »

"Hmm, Yes. Well, your Orcs are none of my concern, but the woman was. I will not harm your Orcs, unless they interfere with me. Good day."

I agree with this along with mabye offering gifts fertility, entirnal fire, etc for the orcs to the orc good.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2013, 08:36:56 pm »

This.

To man and woman; "Tell me, what ails the people of the village? Why are their fields unfilled?"

This as well.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2013, 09:16:00 pm »

Why is it that we feel the need to say our domains?

Gods are weird.

"Nay elder god. You hold no fear for me. Stray into my domain, and your water shall boil, your stone cracked by moss and root, and your orcs driven to insanity. For I am Donut, god of Life, Fire, and Chaos, and your power shall wilt compared to mine."

You regard Grumugga and reply, your tone polite but with a siky undertone of menace,
"I care not for your Orks, but if they or you interfere with my worshippers, your water will boil, your stone cracked by moss and root, and your Orks driven mad and then exterminated."

Grumugga seems to hesistate, then bellows back, "Your threats are empty, you are an infant! A newborn!"

"A newborn who can wreak more havok among your worshippers than you can among mine, as I have but a handful," you murmur back. "I'm sure an established God such as yourself has made enemies who would love to take advantage of you turning your attention to deal with me. It is to both our advantage if your Orks leave the humans of this region alone."

Grumugga roars inarticulately, and whirls away out of your perception, leaving only green particles and a bad smell behind.

You turn your attention to the young woman, and ask, "What is your name? And why is the village nearby suffering such blighted crops?

"Azula," she replied, "and our village received a message from Maher, another God, demanding that we convert to his worship." Her blue eyes lower to regard the ground. "We refused, believing that our current God, Quentas, would save us. But Quentas will not answer us anymore, and ever since, our crops have withered and our people suffer strange depressions that urge them to take their own life."

---

You then ask the same questions of the man, and he replies,
"Cassius, Eldric Cassius." He then tells much the same sad tale that Azula told you, adding, "The love of my life has been dying before my eyes of hunger, and I can't even do anything about it. I never thought to be the type to take my own life, but this morning - this voice - this feeling - it felt like the only option left to me."

What do you do?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:22:17 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2013, 09:21:18 pm »

To both: "Do not fear, and spread the word that a new god is coming, and he shall make the fields grow once more, and your souls flow with joy."

To man: "Your beloved will no longer suffer, and i will speak to her in your name, to tell her your love."

Bless their fields, and give his love some food and the information.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2013, 09:43:49 pm »

To both: "Do not fear, and spread the word that a new god is coming, and he shall make the fields grow once more, and your souls flow with joy."

To man: "Your beloved will no longer suffer, and i will speak to her in your name, to tell her your love."

+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2013, 09:57:13 pm »

Grow crops on the fields. But also sneak a pinch of hallucinogenic chemicals into the first batch of crops. Why? Dunno, I'm Chaos.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2013, 10:17:11 pm »

Bless the fields. No. Use our powers to make the fields instantly grow with food; the require sustenance now, or we will have no worshippers. Tell our worshipers to spread the word that it is we who have done so, we who have blessed their crops, and we who will defend them from the wrath of other gods and towns. And in return, we ask only their undying devotion.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2013, 10:19:26 pm »

Wait, i have an idea.
Instantly grow the fields. Then burn them down in front of the people, day and night, until they agree to worship us.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2013, 11:33:29 pm »

Wait, i have an idea.
Instantly grow the fields. Then burn them down in front of the people, day and night, until they agree to worship us.

No, we don't want them to fear us. Then any god can come in and rescue them from us.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2013, 02:49:50 am »

Infuse life into the fields, in exchange for animal sacrifices from both of them.  Then ask them to spread the word.  They shall become our first PROPHETS.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2013, 02:56:00 am »

Bless the fields. No. Use our powers to make the fields instantly grow with food; the require sustenance now, or we will have no worshippers. Tell our worshipers to spread the word that it is we who have done so, we who have blessed their crops, and we who will defend them from the wrath of other gods and towns. And in return, we ask only their undying devotion.
This.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2013, 03:01:56 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You project your voice to both worshippers as you say, "Fear not - spread the word that I am coming, and that your village shall be brought back to my prosperity by my hand." Privately, you murmur to Eldric, "Your beloved shall suffer no longer, this I swear."
He lowers his gaze in silent gratitude, then looks up at the sky. "If what you promise is true, you will have my faith for eternity," he rasped.

You shift your awareness to the village, and are momentarily taken aback by the suffering there. Many of the villagers lay in silent misery, too weak to move. Others weep at freshly hewn gravestones, likely victims of the recent spat of suicides. You'll need to do something quickly, if you are to save as many lives - and potential worshippers - as possible.

You channel what mana you have left into your Life aspect, and struck with inspiration by what happened with Eldric and the apple tree, you focus your attention on the withered fruit trees scattered about the village as you finish casting.

A burst of vibrant green light engulfs the village, villagers throwing up their hands to shield their eyes from the sudden glare. When the light fades, one villager is abruptly hit by a hail of oranges, while apples and pears shower down from other trees. The villagers stare open-mouthed at the impossible spectacle, before rushing to scoop up as much food as they can carry. "Miracle...it's a miracle..." one mother muttered, offering an apple to her emaciated daughter. The child looks skyward, and whispers, "Thank you" before devouring the apple voraciously.
(1d20 : 19 + LifeSkill(0) = 19, lady luck is generous today haha, nice! Life Skill has increased to 1, how the skill increases work is that if you roll 19 or 20, use some particularly brilliant/creative strategy, or simply use an attribute enough times, the skill will increase.)

One man garbed in brown robes inlaid with white highlights, obviously a priest or cleric of some kind, managed to stop eating long enough to proclaim, "It is as I said, Quentas has not forsaken us!"

"Nay, Quentas is gone," came a voice from the village gate, and the villagers turn to see Azula there. "This was the gift of Donut, a new God who rescued me from the Orks when they ambushed me on my way home."

The priest's face reddens, and he raised his voice. "I cannot believe you would spout such blasphemy, moments after Quentas' greatest miracle!"

"What she says is true," said another voice, Eldric's - albeit grasping for breath from having ran the entire way back to the village. "If not for Donut, I would have taken my own life an hour ago."

Azula nodded. "See? Donut will restore us to health and prosperity, but he needs our faith to do so."

Over the priest's sputtering protests, you hear villager after villager proclaim their new alliegence to you, and a flood of 76 mana hits you like a tidal wave of power. Roughly 70% of the village has converted, 18 in total. The rest seem to be cautious about the shift in deities, or in some cases ardently devoted to Quentas. One or two even seem to be in favor of switching to the worship of Maher, out of fear of more punishment such as the blight.

Your first day of existance is nearly over, the setting sun casting brilliant shades of amber on the exhausted but relieved village. Is there anything you wish to do before the new day?

Your mana supply is now 76.
Your mana income is now 32.
You have 20 worshippers.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:07:28 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 130