Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 213377 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #645 on: January 16, 2013, 07:53:05 am »

I believe that the temple is listed as something that currently gives us additional mana, so another one would probably do the same.  That was my only real logic behind the suggestion.
We get extra mana if people worship at a temple. Having people worship at two different temples wouldn't help, unless of course they lived far enough away that there was no temple in their area.

What, so no one is up for spore-miners?
Not for now. Maybe when we have experienced normal-miners to teach them.

I also like the idea of a Seventh Day.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 16, 2013, 12:37:58 pm »

Yeah, honestly I'm pretty happy with what we got although I may have traded in fire for (un)death or lightning.
Fire can make ice. what can lightning do?

Thank Jaass.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 16, 2013, 01:27:15 pm »

Lightning can make fire.  Really it's just my preference, not a huge deal.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 16, 2013, 04:55:11 pm »

Wait, how can fire make ice?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 16, 2013, 04:59:16 pm »

Wait, how can fire make ice?

Move heat away from the water until it freezes. It's kind of obvious.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 16, 2013, 04:59:56 pm »

We are really awesome, you know that?

I suggest that we conserve our mana for a little while, spending it on A. miracles to attract more followers and perhaps B. a mate for our Gold Dragon.

Also, send a diplomat to the dwarves, at least. It's good to get in contact--nector/metal trade sounds lucrative.
I believe that the temple is listed as something that currently gives us additional mana, so another one would probably do the same.  That was my only real logic behind the suggestion.  Not really sure if anyone else has recommendations for gaining new followers.

There are three basic options that I see:
1. Peacefully send out our people to try and gain us new followers (probably with miracles or promises of wealth and prosperity)
2. Use military actions of some sort or threats of violence to gain followers (this didn't work to well for Maher, so probably not the best option)
3. Open up trade relations (probably with the dwarves) which will likely bring in wealth and immigrants
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As morning comes and you receive 181 Mana for a total of 205, a familiar presence approaches the village.
"Salutations," Krait said cheerfully in greeting. 
"About the feast - we were just attacked, so we haven't had much of a chance to prepare," you admit.
Krait laughed. "Funny that you should say that, I was just about to request that we delay the festival to next week as well. Nasty business with Grumugga and this God of Kobolds - odd fellow, stockpiles thousands of candles for no explicable reason - allying against me, but at least it's a sporting challenge now. Were they the ones who attacked you as well?"

"No," you reply somberly. "Justicars from the Empire of Tranquility."
Krait's cheerful tone evaporated instantly, and you could suddenly feel waves of hatred emanating from his presence.
"Them," he spat. "Here?!"
With a noticable effort, Krait calms himself. "Well, do let me know if they come back and I will gladly aid you in tearing them to bloody mewling pieces begging for something as sweet as death."
"I shall," you reply.
"Well, I wish you luck - and I'll see you a week from today for the feast," he said, some of his old cheer coming back into his tone. As he turned to leave, he called back, "Oh, and I quite approve of your Dragon. But you should really consult your friend Krait next time you're making a flying creature, I could have saved you quite a lot of mana. While we're on the subject, I was hoping we can have a boon-trade of sorts - give my high priestess a major healing boon, and I shall be happy to recipricate with a major boon of Snakes or Air. Think about it!" 
With that, Krait swiftly sped off towards his own village.

After that, you bid Azula and the Priest farewell as they leave for Ceres, 30 Stems marching beside the caravan to guard them. Their cargo is three wagons this time, packed to the brim with websilk and fire-nector, so the profits should be even greater for this trip.

The ranks of the firejackets have increased by 30, simply by virtue of combined exposure to the sun for enough time. The flamedrakes meanwhile have laid a clutch of eggs, the female guarding them protectively as the male helped villagers haul heavy carts of crops. The webspinner spider's eggsack had erupted during the night, and the ground around it was rife with thousands of baby spiders, eating insects, each other, and swiftly growing. 

Luckily, the bluemelons and bloodmelons have both spread rather rapidly through the forest, and even the rather voracious appetite of the Gold Dragon is sated by the available supply. Your industrious villagers got over their fear of it rather quickly, and at present time it's grabbing crates of crops from the fields and flying them over to their respective storage areas, speeding up the village's farming operations considerably. You should really name your new Dragon, you muse to yourself idly. Saphira? No, too stereotypical. Alduin? No, doesn't really fit him. You'll think of something.

Eldrick meanwhile manages to raise another mushroom-tower, which means all the new migrants now have sufficient housing. 
Well I agree with the overall idea, I'm just saying it might be better if they could fly using chaos energy instead of heat energy.

Speaking of floating stuff with chaos energy... Floating castles anyone?  Maybe floating castles with mages on the walls shooting down fireballs on our enemies down below?  Not a lot of floating castles mind you just maybe one as a super awesome main base.

Also on an unrelated note but how about we start training all of our natural mages as an elite priest ruler class in our society.  They'll be trained to use their magic as best as possible and hopefully they can cast some magic that is not in our normal domains to diversify things a bit.  Then when they're all trained up and really loyal we'll put them in areas to govern them and keep our subjects loyal to us.  I think we should be more careful with these guys because they probably have the potential to spread out our magic paths and they also don't cost us any upkeep like our boon guys.

I think boons should mainly be used for extremely important people and for our military.  I'm thinking life boons for medics and support guys who also lead our plant soldiers.  Chaos boons would be able to warp our enemies into mutants that serve us.  Fire boons would do the obvious and kill stuff with fire.

You send your voice to the refugee you talked too earlier. "Carlson," you murmur. "I've been considering the matter of the gifted children's education," you tell him. "Eldrick is not a mage, but using a boon is similar enough that he may be able to instruct the children in simple Life magic."
"That would - that would be fantastic," Carlson replied. "None of their parents would object to that, I assure you."
"After they've learned that they can move on to healing magic," you explain. "I may even ask Krait, a neighboring God, to have his high priestess tutor them in Air magic after that."
"I'll gather them and bring them to Eldrick at once, my Lord," Carlson replied.

In a half hour, Eldrick had brought them to the forest to plant bluemelon seeds and attempt to inspire them to grow. This was met with little initial success, but by the end of the day every child had managed to cause the seed to sprout at least, and half of them grew it a little beyond that. One child in particular, a lad named Lucien, had a fully grown bluemelon bush by the end, complete with a melon. You personally congratulate them on their progress, and Eldrick hands out fire-nector that had been crystallized into candies (an invention of Ustan).

"Lara is a skilled healer already," Eldrick tells you afterwards. "With some experience with a healing boon I'm sure she could teach the children that skill," he said with a shrug. "I've no idea how to heal, myself."
"I shall consider it," you promise.

That done, you decide to visit the dwarven settlement yourself before sending an envoy - more polite to greet their God personally, you suppose. 

You arrive at their mountain, which is swarming with dwarves bustling about every which way, farming, mining, hauling carts filled with rock and ores. Their demeanor is nonchalant, suprising given the siege of orcs and goblins outside their walls at this very moment. 

Dwarven crossbowmen exchange fire woth goblin archers from behind fortifications, ballistas and catapults fire into the massed ranks of the greenskins, and what could only be a God-inspired earthquake swallows up a third of the invading forces into deep cracks that opened in the ground beneath their feet.

"Well," a gruff voice snaps at you, and you turn to see a presence - smelling of ale somehow - hovering beside you. "Are ye going to lollygag around all day watching or do ye have something to say?" 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:06:57 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 16, 2013, 05:15:33 pm »

actually.. before we mention anything about needing to borrow a few miners or our manarack deposit... we should get to know this guy pretty well.

Lets tell him We figured we'd be neighbourly and introduce ourselves, and that we plan to send merchants his way.

As for Lara, lets grant her that life boon, Both Eldrick and our priest recommended her.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 16, 2013, 05:18:02 pm »

"Hello, who i presume to be the God of Dwarves! I bring a proposal of peace and alliance, from I, Donut Of Chaos,Fire and Life!"
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 16, 2013, 05:47:25 pm »

I suggest Brunikaar ("savage servant") for our dragon's name. or "brun"/"bruni", for short.

To the Dwarven god: "Hello sir! I am Donut, God of Fire, Chaos and Life, and your new neighbour. Between two skirmishes with the greenskins, I finally had the time to come and greet you. Being polite, that kind of stuff. I hope we can develop a friendly and mutually profitable relationship."
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 16, 2013, 05:51:18 pm »

I suggest Brunikaar ("savage servant") for our dragon's name. or "brun"/"bruni", for short.

To the Dwarven god: "Hello sir! I am Donut, God of Fire, Chaos and Life, and your new neighbour. Between two skirmishes with the greenskins, I finally had the time to come and greet you. Being polite, that kind of stuff. I hope we can develop a friendly and mutually profitable relationship."
I can't argue with any of this.
Sig

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 16, 2013, 06:33:03 pm »

We've Orcs, not Goblins.

Tell him we're interested in an industry agreement of sorts. It -is- a dwarven god after all.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 16, 2013, 06:38:59 pm »

We've Orcs, not Goblins.
Meh. Same thing, just one's bigger.
Sig

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 16, 2013, 06:50:12 pm »

May we also do the whole boon-trade with Krait?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 16, 2013, 06:54:29 pm »

TBH, it sounds like Krait is an ally. A really great ally to have.

And with Maher, he may end up joining us as well. He was just pissed that we hopped into a village that he was trying to make his own.

This Tranquility thing probably won't sit well with him. He's a very individual God. So are we, and Krait. The three of us likely have plenty of resources, if not to take down, then stand up to that god of Order, Cold, and Death.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 16, 2013, 07:07:44 pm »

+1
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 130