Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 213414 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2013, 04:36:34 am »

For a group of people who named this god Donut, you're surprisingly logical.
I hate the name donut, so I'm being as logical as possible to rob the maniacs (lol irony) of their sick, demented thrills of having a crazy god named donut.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2013, 04:38:18 am »

The reason I didn't suggest giving them firebending is because our GOD doesn't even have precise control.  They'll burn down the village.

And I'm assuming you're a Last Airbender fan, right?
Yes I'm a fan. It more fire won't hurt her and she can shape fire that there to her will, no fire no bending and the sun don't count.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2013, 04:39:47 am »

Um...I'm sorry? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2013, 04:41:37 am »

Um...I'm sorry?
YOURE DAMN RIGHT YOURE SORRY. GO STAND IN THE CORNER, BY THE AVATAR GUY.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2013, 04:44:19 am »

Burn down the priest's house.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2013, 04:44:38 am »

*hug NRDL* I forgive you.

Burn down the priest's house.
No.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2013, 04:45:04 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2013, 04:49:23 am »

We've had several interesting boon ideas suggested ( which need to be seconded to be approved).

Additionally, keep in mind that while you restored the fruit trees to - well, fruitfullness - the fields are still blighted.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2013, 04:51:54 am »

Really?

don't check for trouble, keep the action of the boons, remove the blight and find out who did it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2013, 05:05:17 am »

Really?

don't check for trouble, keep the action of the boons, remove the blight and find out who did it.

If we're not gonna burn anything, +1 this
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2013, 05:17:37 am »

I hate the name donut, so I'm being as logical as possible to rob the maniacs (lol irony) of their sick, demented thrills of having a crazy god named donut.
Donuts = awesomeness. Everything with donuts ends with awesomeness :P
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2013, 05:28:12 am »

Donuts=fail. That didn't end with "awesomness" did it?

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2013, 05:35:29 am »

Donuts=fail. That didn't end with "awesomness" did it?
Atleast it worked. And it's just as mythical as all the other gods names, as donuts didn't exist back then. Therefore it is perfect! :D
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2013, 05:43:07 am »

Check for any other troubles, grant the man with power of plants(Small area effect and talking to plants) and the woman with power of fire(along the lines of firebending)
Really?

If we're not gonna burn anything, +1 this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You call to Azula and Eldrick, instructing them to meet in the forest outside of town.

Once they have done so, you focus on Eldrick and imbue him with a boon that will allow him to cause small plants to grow. You'd like to be able to make him able to talk to plants as well, but plants aren't intelligent, unfortunately - contrary to popular elven belief.

The boon will cost 2 of your mana per day, and can be used 5 times a day. Eldrick flinches as the magic sinks in, and then stares at his hands in wonderment as you explain the boon. "Thank you Lord, I am honored," he replied, bowing his head.

You turn your attention to Azula and imbue her a boon that will allow her to kindle fire in her hands - fire that will not burn her. That fire can be thrown, but such an action would not be as powerful as a true firebolt, much less a fireball. "Master the use of this boon, and I may grant you greater power over flame," you tell her with a chuckle. Like Eldrick's boon, it costs 2 mana per day and can be used 5 times a day.

"Now go," you instruct. "Use your new abilities to show those in the village who have not converted that those who serve me are rewarded."

That accomplished, you turn your gaze on the blighted fields. There's quite a lot of ground to cover, but you have ample mana at the moment. The fields are divided into three areas: The cotton field, the wheat field, and the corn field.

You focus first on the corn field, calling on the power of Life. You send 40 mana into the attempt, and immedietely run into resistance - the field is thrumming with dark, twisted power, which stubbornly sets itself against you. You throw your will against the force, and fight for every inch of corn you manage to restore - by the time you've exhausted the 40 mana you invested, half the field is restored.
(1d20 : 9 + LifeSkill(1) = 10)

You suddenly receive 10 mana, and smile inwardly - Azula and Eldrick must be having some success.

Your mana pool is now 77.
Your mana income is 31.
You now have 23 worshippers.

I've noticed that while Chaotic Fire and Life actions have been suggested, no Chaos actions have been. Chaos is, by definition, less defined than Fire or Life, so actions will have to be rather creative - at the same time, that affords you a lot of flexibility.

You can also combine aspects when suggesting an action - for example, using Chaos and Life together to create a new kind of animal, or Chaos and Fire to make a Scattershot-Fireball that is difficult to evade.

Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2013, 05:51:46 am »

Chaos is change so change the remaining dark power to life power.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 130