Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 213275 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #825 on: January 18, 2013, 04:14:01 pm »

The dwarves don't have a food problem, they have an orc problem. We helped with their immediate supply issue now we either send an army to rescue them or we wait for them to free themselves. We don't really want to tread on another gods domain and as a life god I imagine death doesn't sit properly with us so the latter option is the one I favor.

We need to keep the firejackets in our domain. They are a trade good. They are also something of a weapon, but not a real focused one. Above all else they are a source of copper, silver and gold, from the firenectar sales. We shouldn't trade them for the same reason KFC doesn't trade away it's 11 herbs and spices for pennies and a pat on the back. Having him promise not to sell the stuff is stupid for both of us, because he's going to have too much and then he's going to sell it anyway, or make something new out of it and sell that. These are dwarves, master merchants. They're good at weasling out of contracts and the like. Like fairies.

If you're worried about food, give him some of the bluemelons.

I've come to realize thus far I've been almost 100% opposed to almost 100% of everything Ukrainain Ranger says. Odd. No hard feelings, right?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 18, 2013, 04:49:18 pm »

I've come to realize thus far I've been almost 100% opposed to almost 100% of everything Ukrainain Ranger says. Odd. No hard feelings, right?
Hey, no 100%. :)  You said that you like the tree idea

In fact I am used to the situation when my suggestions are opposed in many suggestions games here.

Anyway, whatever suggestion that will include creating the tree will be supported by me, I think it will be a very nice long term benefit

Not helping dwarfs anymore, besides getting fungus spawn us totally acceptable for me, even preferred. I offered firejackets thing only because many want to help the dwarwes more and spend mana on that. That is absolutely unacceptable for me

I'd like to have a battle, but while fun, it sounds too expensive and even if we get goblin worshipers, we'll have problems housing them... and siege should be routed by Laksus efforts anyway. Just a bit slower

My preffered action would be -

1) Chat with justicar till mornig, explain him how good that village became, how we saved it from death god and so on... Try to explain that  chaos doesn't equals to evil
2) Right from the sunrise, start creating the tree, (everburning, immortal, life magic booster\death magic supressor, youth fruits and link to the afterlife ( maybe ability to chat with the dead? ) pouring all our mana in it.
3) Let Laksus to continue
4) Make our population prepare for the feast

And no other actions
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:51:15 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 18, 2013, 06:37:08 pm »

I still think we should have Laskus go round up the werewolves, no neutering him to prevent more infections though.  We already told him not to do it again and he hasn't.  I don't want to go and punish him now for a past mistake and his ability could have its uses.

I think we should talk to maher and tell him about the order empire.  Tell him we have had some disagreements but we would like to ally against the oppressive empire.

I don't think we need that many more troop types but I would like some form of troop transport (preferably flying) as well as a form of defensive turret.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 18, 2013, 07:00:56 pm »

Once we are done with the tree we should probably do the following.

1. Ask Urist for opinions about our current defenses and how to improve them.
2. Makes these improvements or new defenses to his specifications.
2a. Fix any holes or damage in the corrupted forest.
3. Deal with the werewolf problem some how.
4. Make flying troop transport.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 18, 2013, 07:03:15 pm »

Laskus is quite busy right now. One more reason why I would delay solving  wereproblem..  And yep Laksus is  loyal and very useful so far, he should be rewarded with more power, not punished

We don't need troop transport as long as we don't plan to attack anyone ( We are on defensive mode, remember) And dragons can be used in that role for small scale operations
And we have turrets already - corrupted trees
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 18, 2013, 07:11:54 pm »

Troop transport doesn't mean we have to use it for war. It can easily be used to transport goods and other misc.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 18, 2013, 07:49:49 pm »

Organic caravans?
They can be grown from seeds?
That is a wonderful idea!

I propose a plant be grown that is the wheels, another storage, and another to be attached the a wagon animal?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 18, 2013, 07:57:04 pm »

I'd rather a flying transport but if we do go that way why not just make a plant that can be shaped into anything we want instead of just growing into that one specific shape.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 18, 2013, 08:00:39 pm »

Because it might be cooler that way??

Organic flying caravans?
Made from dandelions?!
On strings?!?!?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 18, 2013, 08:07:38 pm »

oh, let's spend our mana on something more useful than wheels that can be done by our worshipers...

Oh, and I am going to vote against any new creatures for something like 10 next updates

IMO, What we should do after raising the tree  and solving the werewolf problem- try to find afterlife of the god that ruled here before, and get souls from it.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 18, 2013, 08:28:12 pm »

Why not use our chaos and fire elements to inspire someone to create a shoddy combustion engine. Let's see Order beat that.

Choo choo motherfucker.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 18, 2013, 08:38:47 pm »

We shouldn't even send any more forces to the dwarves, Laksus is doing a beautiful job of unconventional warfare. Plus, there is already infighting among the goblins and orks' ranks. All we have to wait and see what happens, if nothing happens just keep apply pressure and eventually supplies will dwindle, the sieger will then retreat. Also, we should remove some barriers from the Justicar, preferably the ones that allow critical or creative thinking.

edit: We should probably ask Urist once the siege break about how to improve our defenses or if their are any holes the enemy can exploit.
The infighting is actually the fungus spawns, I think, mistaken as such by Uristiel. But yeah, Laksus should be enough.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As the sun rises and you receive 174 Mana (Total: 423), you decide against sending an army against the orcs and goblins besieging Uristiel - at least not yet. Laksus's tactics seem to be working, thus far.

You watch as Lara takes the refugee children out to the forest for an early healing lesson, while Eldrick busily works on a particularly wide mushroom-tower. "To be a schoolhouse," he explains with a smile.

A voice comes to you, one of your followers calling. You zoom to the location, which turns out to be the house of the village's new alchemist. "Edward," you greet him. "What is it?"
"I found something that might interest you," Edward said with a grin.
He poured a vial of fire-nector into a beaker. "If we take fire-nector and add salt or water, nothing happens - but add saltwater, and..." he flicked a drop into the beaker and leapt backwards as it exploded with a thundrous detonation. "...and Boom."
He shrugged, and added, "It's a rather potent potable as well, when fermented correctly - enough alchohal in one pint to kill most humans."
"Interesting," you reply. "Thank you for telling me."

"My pleasure," Edward said with a bow. "With your permission, I could start making throwable little explosives out of it - have the fire-nector and saltwater separated by a thin layer of glass that'll shatter on impact, something of that nature." A cauldron behind him began overflowing with some sort of noxious green ooze and Edward leapt to it with a curse. "Just let me know what you decide," he called back to you as he scrambled to contain the crisis.

Next, you travel to the dwarves, and find them in a much better state than before. "Donut," roared Uristiel, and his presence approaches you heartily. "Dwarves, a toast to the provider of your ale!" Every dwarf in sight with a beverage raised it in a toast before quaffing the rest of it.
"How is the siege proceeding?" you inquire. "I have agents harassing their supply line, hopefully that has helped."
"Tha explains a lot o' things," Uristiel said slowly, "They 'aven't got a scrap of food left, by the looks of em. And they keep fightin' these...'orrible things, that just come out of the forest at night."
"Those would be mine," you reply promptly. "Your people have nothing to fear from them."

"We might 'ave a chance of beating them back now," Uristiel said, his voice raising stridently. "I'll be void-damned before Grumugga and Narl are the ones to do me in," he growled. "My agents in the field will be happy to assist," you tell him.
"Tha settles it," he rumbled, and projected his voice to the entire settlement: "We attack in an hour!" he roared, and the dwarves roared in reply, stampeding to the armory to grab shields and axes.

"Laksus," you murmur, sending your voice to him. "The dwarves will attack in one hour, be ready to ambush the enemy from the rear."
"We'll be ready," Laksus promised.

You travel to the center of Minas Iroh after that, and announce to everyone the plan for the feast with Krait's people, which is met with hearty enthusiasm. Preparations begin, and for the most part the village looks genuinely happy - trusting in your ability to protect them, with hope for the future.

Checking up on Krait, with some surprise you find a new road stretching from Minas Nurgle halfway to Minas Iroh, with some kind of construction in the middle. Closer observation reveals an arena of some sort being built, reptile-men hammering diligently away at it. More reptile-men busily work on extending the road all the way to Minas Iroh.
"So," came Krait's voice from beside you. "What'do you think?"
"I'm truly impressed," you murmur back with a laugh. "This'll all be done in three days?"
"Most definitely," Krait scoffed. "My soldiers are nigh-tireless - and not without a lot of effort on my part, mind you - I keep selecting only the strongest of each generation to propagrate, evolution at it's finest."
"Speaking of evolution - or lack thereof, rather - I have a justicar prisoner back at my village. He implied that his master was the reason there's only a few Chaos Gods left - is that true?"

Krait snorted. "Arrogant little prats. They know full well it took four Gods of Order to bring down Gorathsheo, and six to finally drive Sithis into hiding. Same story for all the others, really - Order was weaker individually, but united by common purpose they caught us by surprise."
"So the Empire of Tranquility has more than one God?" you growl in surprise. "Nine Gods of Order," Krait replied promptly, "Right now the brunt of their attention is focused on battling Agamemnon, the last elder God of Chaos - but after they finish up there, they'll come for us, and their army will number in the millions."

"Allies, then," you propose, and Krait laughs.
"It'll be a first among Chaos Gods, but allies, yes."
I propose that we build a giant floating castle that is kept in the air by chaos magic and is capable of shooting fireballs from cannons mounted on its sides as well as raining down fungus spores upon the ground beneath us.  Expensive yes?  An awesome capital for our civilization?  I think so.  Also it doesn't affect the ecosystem but its still an powerful weapon against our enemies or a great defense.

"Speaking of collaboration, I had an idea for a megaproject of sorts - a floating fortress, a bastion of strength for our forces that can rain down poison and fire upon the enemy from the heavens."
Krait seems to consider that for a moment, unusually serious. "A castle of the combined forces of Chaos eh," he muttered pensively. "That Order would need to either wrest from the sky or send aerial units of their own to conquer. I like it - but the mana cost for a permanent flight spell of that magnitude would be enormous. If you contribute your own strength to it as well though, it may just be possible..."
He laughs softly. "You could ask your new dwarven friend to construct the physical portion of it, perhaps...his sphere is appropiate for such a construction. Ballistas and catapults to adorn it, as well."
"You know about my dealings with Uristiel?" you ask guardedly.
A hundred tiny winged snakes suddenly rose into view all around you, each one no bigger than a tarantula, shimmering with some sort of air shield that bent the light around them.
"I see most of what occurs in these lands," Krait replied smugly. "Just as I know what has become of Ravenholt. Now, regarding your proposal, dear ally - if you can bribe Uristiel into constructing the physical castle, and contribute three hundred mana to the ritual, I can raise the fortress into the skies, never to fall from them."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 18, 2013, 08:56:20 pm »

...There-hundred men as in, builders, or sacrifices?
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 18, 2013, 09:00:11 pm »

...There-hundred men as in, builders, or sacrifices?

It's three hundred MANA, not MEN.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 18, 2013, 09:00:44 pm »

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. But that fortress better be big as hell, we ain't cheaping out on this bitch, we need to be pimpin'.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 130