Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 211812 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2013, 03:04:56 am »

Yes, tell the non-believers "Hey, I'm donut. Either thank me for saving your asses or stop eating the food i made for my people."
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2013, 03:06:35 am »

Task Azula and Cassius to start converting, door by door.  Give them both the ability to make flowers on bare earth.  That is the first of what we will give them.  Have them use the ( relatively weak ) power to impress skeptics.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2013, 03:14:18 am »

Task Azula and Cassius to start converting, door by door.  Give them both the ability to make flowers on bare earth.  That is the first of what we will give them.  Have them use the ( relatively weak ) power to impress skeptics.
How that would work is that both Azula and Cassius would receive 2 of your mana income per day, and would be able to use the ability five times a day each.

Such boons can be retracted, but only after at least three days have passed since they were bestowed.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2013, 03:16:15 am »

Cool. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2013, 03:34:00 am »

Yes, tell the non-believers "Hey, I'm donut. Either thank me for saving your asses or stop eating the food i made for my people."
That will be 1 mana per person. let just do the priest since that will cost 1 mana(or 10 if his god still here in which case we'll make a note to kick his ass for leaving the village to die) since his word carry weight.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2013, 03:37:17 am »

That will be 1 mana per person. let just do the priest since that will cost 1 mana(or 10 if his god still here in which case we'll make a note to kick his ass for leaving the village to die) since his word carry weight.
Hmm, please be specific with what you wish to say to him

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2013, 03:38:39 am »

Hmm, please be specific with what you wish to say to him

"Mortal. Your god has left you to die. I have come to save you and your town and you return the favor with disbelief and hatred!"

I say we say that.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 03:43:05 am »

"Your devotion to your god is commendable, but through death or dereliction of duty he has left you to a slow death. I am here now to help your village and I wish to have that devotion now, but I will not force you change, man of the cloth, an enemy on the lowest rung is still a enemy that can stab oneself when one's back is turned."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:45:05 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 04:07:54 am »

"Your devotion to your god is commendable, but through death or dereliction of duty he has left you to a slow death. I am here now to help your village and I wish to have that devotion now, but I will not force you change, man of the cloth, an enemy on the lowest rung is still a enemy that can stab oneself when one's back is turned."
"Mortal. Your god has left you to die. I have come to save you and your town and you return the favor with disbelief and hatred!"

I say we say that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You reach out to contact the priest of Quentas, and are surprised to only lose 1 mana. The implications hit you a moment later - Quentas must be no more. What could kill a God that still has worshippers? If you had a body, a shiver would be running down your spine right now.

You murmur, your tone gentle, "Mortal, I am Donut. Quentas is no more, leaving your village to a slow death at the hands of Maher. I have come to save you and your town, but I will not force your change of alliegance, man of the cloth. Know though, that your continuing resistance only harms the village, while aiding those who slew Quentas."

A few seconds tick by, during which there is no response. Then, the priest replies, his voice a fervant whisper, "Save your poisoned, honeyed words for those gullible enough to believe them, Donut - or shall I call you by your true name, Maher! You're quite clever, I'll grant you that much, blighting us and then swooping in to save us - but you will never manipulate me into abandoning Quentas!"
(1d20 : 3, ouch.)

You sigh, and sever the connection. As night falls and the mortals fall asleep, you ponder - slightly envious of their ability to rest completely, as you never can.

You spend the night in quiet contemplation, and when morning comes your mana pool is abruptly infused with 32 new mana, bringing the total up to 107. Thrumming with replenished power, what do you do? (Boons will need to be agreed upon by at least two of you, since as they cost mana every day they are a significant investment)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2013, 04:12:54 am »

Have them build a shrine to us. Make it a fountain as well. Then go to all the impoverished cities in 100 miles and cure them of their ails. Making sure they know our name as tha LORD if we call down our vengeance upon thee.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2013, 04:14:08 am »

Immolate the priest. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2013, 04:22:41 am »

Immolate the priest. 
let not

Check for any other troubles, grant the man with power of plants(Small area effect and talking to plants) and the woman with power of fire(along the lines of firebending)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2013, 04:24:06 am »

The reason I didn't suggest giving them firebending is because our GOD doesn't even have precise control.  They'll burn down the village.

And I'm assuming you're a Last Airbender fan, right? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2013, 04:31:36 am »

Immolate the priest. 
I was gonna say that, but even I thought it was a bad idea.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2013, 04:33:02 am »

For a group of people who named this god Donut, you're surprisingly logical.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 130