Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Force monarchy  (Read 4475 times)

koter

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Write Post: taken by mood.
    • View Profile
Force monarchy
« on: January 03, 2013, 06:55:47 am »

Hello good sirs,

I am trying to find some way for my mayor to inherit the monarchy of a vampire queen that's just arrived. After a bit of research, I think that my best bet to do that without generating a new world would be to use dfusion capabilities. My initial ideas, first being the best option, last being the ugliest hack:
- Change position of the dwarves in question,
- Make the monarch an appointed noble,
- Somehow make the mayor the single heir,
- Allow the consort to inherit the monarchy and force marry them.

Do you know of any way or can you help me devise a new one?

Thank you for your time.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Force monarchy
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 02:47:35 pm »

I suggest that you ask this in the DFusion or whatever utility you decide on thread.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

koter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 04:04:20 pm »

I suggest that you ask this in the DFusion or whatever utility you decide on thread.
I would, but I don't know if this can be done by that utility or any other means. So I just put it out there on the main board.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:13:59 pm by koter »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:30:30 pm »

could be done (the first thing using dfhack/lua) second thing might be even doable by editing raws (open entity_default.txt in your save/raws directory and add [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER][APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR] after [POSITION:MONARCH])  might need to disable [SUCCESSION:BY_HEIR]

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 04:58:13 pm »

cmight be even doable by editing raws (open entity_default.txt in your save/raws directory and add [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER][APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR] after [POSITION:MONARCH])  might need to disable [SUCCESSION:BY_HEIR]
Once a world is generated anything involving noble positions is fixed into place. So while it would theoretically be possible through raw editing, it would require a regen.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 02:04:34 am »

cmight be even doable by editing raws (open entity_default.txt in your save/raws directory and add [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER][APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR] after [POSITION:MONARCH])  might need to disable [SUCCESSION:BY_HEIR]
Once a world is generated anything involving noble positions is fixed into place. So while it would theoretically be possible through raw editing, it would require a regen.
Ok i'll write a script later today.

koter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 03:03:54 am »

Edit a raw shouldn't bee too hard, but the idea is not to regenerate the world.
If you are talking about a lua script just for that, I would very much appreciate that.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 12:07:23 pm »

Here you go: this or for a download, save to file (make-monarch.lua) in folder hack/scripts, then select unit you want to be a monarch with 'v' and type "make-monarch" in dfhack console

koter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 07:56:27 pm »

Here you go: this or for a download, save to file (make-monarch.lua) in folder hack/scripts, then select unit you want to be a monarch with 'v' and type "make-monarch" in dfhack console
Just tested this. The queen is now a vampire farmer, and the mayor is now king. Thank you so much.