Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: ~~ RTD Millennia ~~  (Read 2885 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
~~ RTD Millennia ~~
« on: January 03, 2013, 07:09:46 am »

1000 games. That, including this, is the number of games of Roll To Dodge that have been created on this forum. Some of them good, some of them great, some of them legendary. It is time to take these games and make something... legendary. From the entire library of games at your disposal, it is time to take the best and roll through history.

To join, you need to have already played an RTD game. Preferably an old one. Either way, from all the games you have been in, you need to select a character from any game that you played as that character in (e.g. I could pick Kirby because I was Kirby in MKGP). Please link to the game so I can read up about your character, but bonus points for giving me a summary. I'll pick the ten players (Ten? Am I crazy? Yes, but it's the best number to divide into 1000.) with the best (and maybe oldest) characters and roll up a scenario involving all ten character's worlds.

Standard RTD rules will apply. You need to look after your own statuses. Bonus rules will be applied if the worlds allow for it. Some other stuff here. Let's make the 1000th game one to remember.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: ~~ RTD Millennia ~~
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 07:11:29 am »

Ptw

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 07:19:55 am »

Ptw

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 07:34:35 am »

Aha

AHA

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ah... there's several to choose from, but I shall select... can't even remember his name. Well, doesn't matter, I summon thee from the depths, Metanecromage...

Davar! (I knew it started with a D!)

Davar began as a humble mage in a demonic wasteland, due to a demonic invasion involving a cult, powerful archmage, and bumbling gaggle of mages many years prior. A skilled (+2) necromancer and novice (+1) scholar (arcane magic) and runecrafter, he eventually found his fondness for Arcane magic exceeded his necromancy, and he became quite fond of his ability to levitate (mainly just smooshed him against the ceiling) and generate a blurring shield around himself or others.

He also found his fondness for crafting and looting exceeded his regular combat ability, though he showed great insight in his battle against Moloch, most physically powerful of the world's three demon lords- he figured out how to alter the demon's magical pylons against it, turning its magical strength into degeneration. He also snapped off and kept one of the regeneration pylons, hoping to turn it into something later, and made an awesome, if rather cumbersome, breastplate from the massive demon's incredibly heavy armor, though he graciously gifted said item to a more melee-oriented comrade. Perhaps not surprisingly, he was also the party's best and only blacksmith, an odd profession when you're wandering hellish wastes trying to not be eaten.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 07:52:20 am »

Okay, Imma watch this. Maybe participate, though it's doubtful I'd get in.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 08:00:27 am »

Oh my. Let me dig something truly ancient up. 2010, oh my.

Alethe, daughter of Deceit, psychic dominator extraordinaire! There was nothing this girl couldn't handle. Her routine attempts at pacifying foes unleashed devastating psychic waves that rendered them into brain-dead slaves, and her skill with illusions and invisibility, and her smoothtalking, got her safely away from wrathful gods and pursuing guardsmen alike.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 09:23:16 am »

Lynda Kuznetsova, aka Ray, of You Are the Villain. That was the first RtD I ran. If GMing doesn't count as playing...gimme a sec...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 10:10:06 am »

PTW, sadly can't join this :(
Got neither good or truly "ancient" characters.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 10:16:19 am »

PTW, too fresh an RTD player to have any good characters so I'm watching this one out.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 10:35:47 am »

Nevermind.
I guess I will just sit on the bench and do nothing.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:02:16 pm by TheZoomZoll »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 10:45:36 am »

While my favorite character is probably Davy Crockett of Magnificent Timelord, that RTD is still active, so I'll go back in time to this far too short gem.

Steve, the greedy psychic, was able to create copies of anything.  Even when his powers were small, he could duplicate houses and mentally create anything he could carry- from a sandwich to a suitcase nuke.  He spent his time making pencils and sandwiches and striving for a sweet ride.

((If that's too short a game, I have an alternate.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 11:39:04 am »

Eh, don't have an old enough character/one from a dead RTD that's not minimalist. Ah, well- PTW.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 11:43:32 am »

Eh, don't have an old enough character/one from a dead RTD that's not minimalist. Ah, well- PTW.
Mine isn't that old though,we'll just have to see how old Kirby wants them.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 11:51:10 am »

My only 'old' RTD char is the one from Einsteininan Roulette. And he's still alive. (Though in a robot body.)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 11:58:02 am »

PTW. Tempted to submit the newly late James Lanthorn from Life begins at death, but it's still running.
So just PTW.

EDIT: ah, sod it, might as well submit anyway.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118106.0

(life begins at death)

And a run-down of his 'adventure'
He died on page 141
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:25:35 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: [1] 2 3