Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flatspace IIk released  (Read 6540 times)

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flatspace IIk released
« on: February 29, 2012, 03:26:01 am »

I just noticed that Flatspace 2 got an update!

For anyone that doesn't know, Flatspace I and II are top-down 2D space games that have alot of roguelike influences. Like randomised systems and lots of permadeath.

The IIk update finally allows moddablity, so check it out sometime. They dont have a forum as of yet so obviously a modding community is lacking but some decents mods should be on the way soon.

Check it out on http://www.lostinflatspace.com/
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flatspace IIk released
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 07:12:10 pm »

Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 06:34:35 am »

If you pay more than $10, you also get access to the previous game (Hacker Evolution Duality, any thoughts on that one?), and the next game, which is unknown as of yet.

This seems like one of those little timesinks that will consume my life for a few days if I let it...

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:11:17 am »

So...Is it kind of a bite-sized bundle? Might pick that up.

Speaking of that hacker game, it didn't seem to have gotten nearly as much attention as Uplink. And I've already been bitten by deal-sweeteners once.

EDIT: And I felt a bit troubled by that IndieGameStand site. What with its forums getting nuked by spambots and no one's cleaning up? Might have something to do with time of the day, but, uh.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:22:31 am by JWNoctis »
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:17:53 am »

I've gotten stuff from them before (when Gimbal was up), and I had no trouble with it :)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 08:32:15 am »

IndieGameStand is fine. No problems with a dozen purchases so far.

As for Hacker Duality, well,........it's a lame experience. It's fine for a couple of bucks, but the dev is a bit of an asshole where he promises the world but is not competent enough to deliver much. It's basically his first Hacker game, with a spiffy UI that doesn't do much. Rumors abound that he has fixed it a bit, but most of those originate with him.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 08:41:59 am »

That's good to know! I was being a bit jumpy. :P

And the bundle's good enough for these two games. Feels like something of a spiritual successor of the Elite series.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 11:39:39 am »

I wonder what the new game is...he did make a turn based tactical that looks kinda raw...or it dould be something lame...just not sure which way to go...
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne