Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789086 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1155 on: June 05, 2013, 07:01:35 pm »

Excerpt from To The Void And Back: The Saga of Deathgate and Murdermachines

Early on the Second of Hematite, year 259, two elven traders came upon the Dwarven fortress of Murdermachines. Little did they know that they were approaching a fortress infested with the blackness of the Void. The inhabitants of the fortress had been possessed, their personalities subordinated to the souls of those from Deathgate the Doom-fortress. All new migrants, sooner or later, were consumed in this manner. The two elves, however, believed that Murdermachines was just a freshly-reclaimed Dwarven fortress, eager to trade. As they approached the fortress, they attracted the menacing glare of one who is now known only as "the Void God". Unnerved, they continued on past the heavy ballistae guarding the entrance and into the fortress proper. They set up their goods in the depot and waited for a trader to come and barter with them. Unbeknownst to them, as they entered the fortress the Void God followed behind. As they were waiting in the trade depot, they were attacked. The Void God set upon them with a rage, disemboweling and then shattering the skull of the first trader. The second trader turned to run, but was overtaken by the Void God. Analysis after the fact revealed that the merchant had his left foot, right leg, left hand, and right hand severed, in addition to grievous wounds inflicted to the stomach. The two traders vanquished, the Void God returned to his position at the entrance to the fortress and waited.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 05, 2013, 10:59:25 pm »

Void God don't give a damn. Void God chops off all four limbs then guts you before you hit the ground like it ain't no thang.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 06, 2013, 02:26:02 am »

Excerpt from To The Void And Back: The Saga of Deathgate and Murdermachines

-snip-

I want to see this seen as a picture.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 06, 2013, 03:11:10 am »

You do realize that having our military basically consist of one dorf at this time is a recipe for utter FUN right?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 06, 2013, 04:56:07 am »

You do realize that having our military basically consist of one dorf at this time is a recipe for utter FUN right?
I's not just AnimaRytak. The other squads spend pretty much all their time in the danger room or the archery range. That's where 1st squad's barracks is. Anima was closest, and it was the most...theatrical. Also, I think it bears mentioning that he didn't really go straight back up to his station. He went for a beer first.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 06, 2013, 06:49:08 am »

The other dwarves could probably defend the fortress in the event of a siege consider there all mostly axe lords.
But the Void God could single handedly slaughter a voidspawn war battalion without a single scratch.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 06, 2013, 07:02:47 am »

Once a military is properly outfitted and trained, Void God can abandon his guardpost and reside at the secret temple section, locked from inside. Others dwarves are to bring sacrifices (booze, food and prisoners) for him.

Any avatar of God should know when to leave mortals up to their destiny.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 06, 2013, 09:08:32 am »

We hope he can slaughter a voidspawn war battalion without a single scratch, because the Void God being turned would probably be a disaster on the scale of Holistic Detective.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 06, 2013, 01:38:46 pm »

I would love to see the combat reports from that

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 06, 2013, 02:20:10 pm »

From the elf-murder? Here you go:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 06, 2013, 03:20:16 pm »

...why was that elf wearing gloves AND mittens?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 06, 2013, 03:25:53 pm »

I am amused.  The first thing the Void God did was knock his sock off.  At the thigh.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 06, 2013, 04:34:19 pm »

Socks and sandals... the Void God does not approve of the elf's fashion choice.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 07, 2013, 06:06:40 am »

Socks and sandals... the Void God does not approve of the elf's fashion choice.

My thoughts exactly.

Elf got what he deserved.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 07, 2013, 12:10:00 pm »

Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 272