Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777625 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1230 on: June 15, 2013, 09:22:57 pm »

Someone should probably do something about that spear...
I meant to, but...ah, I have my reasons. The next overseer can fix it, it won't take too long.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 16, 2013, 01:24:57 am »

Wait, I just checked the dorfinator, and Cor'Daz was dorfed?

WHEN THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN?

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 16, 2013, 04:01:55 am »

How the hell did it get to me so fast?! I really want to do this, but I'm literally in the middle of moving. In three weeks I'll be back where I belong and will thus have a lot more time, but you know right now I don't. Then there's that I have to write a really long report before I go. My job got really complicated really quick. That's actually why I'm moving too.

I hate asking to be moved to a later date, but being put back a couple spaces would make my life easier.

So I am asking for just that.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 16, 2013, 08:27:33 am »

Yes, my death had begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 16, 2013, 10:18:36 am »

Allright, I'm downloading the save as I write this, I will try to post something tonight.

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK, GUYS. I MEAN, JEEZ.

EDIT2: also, first one to call dibs gets to be sherrif.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 03:09:28 pm by SanDiego »
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 16, 2013, 05:10:33 pm »

Dibs!
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 16, 2013, 05:31:50 pm »

You got it. I guess I should give you quarters.
---------------UPDATE----------------------
Journal of SanDiego, master of all things mechanical
1st Granite 260
I'm still getting used to occupy a female body. Giving birth didn't much help in the process. The child I have borne was wounded in our training room, but not before being possessed by Samwise, who has since deceased. Better luick next time, Sam. My gut tells me, we will need more coffins, sooner rather than later. Never hurts to have more coffins around.

We also seem to be running quite low on drinks and meat. Where is the goddamn still? Ah there you are. Brew! Now, where was the horse? Here, horsie horsie.

11th Granite 260
Still trying to figure the operations of the fortress as a whole. Meanwhile, the Void God has been walking around whispering something to his shield. I have also revisited the schedule of my squad. Now, we train for three months straight and get one mont free for marksmanship training.

Meanwhile, we have some new arrivals. Krevsin has possessed an engineer vessel

And Derm has taken residence in the current metalsmith who brewes in his free time.

17th Granite 260
I have noticed that this fortress has gone unlawfull for way too long. Raptor has been given the privilege of being a sheriff. I have begun to fit out quarters for him.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:55:03 pm by SanDiego »
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 16, 2013, 10:00:31 pm »

status on my Dorf?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 16, 2013, 10:39:47 pm »

And mine?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 17, 2013, 12:08:24 am »

Mine also please
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 17, 2013, 12:30:42 pm »

Here go the status updates. Update later today.
tryrar
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lolfail
renegadelobster

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 17, 2013, 01:19:21 pm »

8th Moonstone
Damn shame. Samwise Gamgee succumbed to an infection today. Something could have been done for the poor bastard, if only his mother had stopped carrying him around and taken him to the hospital. Some people.
It was probably the wisest choice, really. Seeing as the Mad Fool is running our hospital!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 17, 2013, 03:14:08 pm »

Journal of SanDiego, master of all things mechanical
Why is there a ghost in Litlbear's office?

3rd Slate 260
Everything takes forever here. So much work, so little bodies. I started ro reclaim some of the bodies that cover the surface, along with some more useful things. Butcher's shop is chock full of rotting stuff nobody moves. No doors are availiable. Ditto beds. The smell is getting worse.

13th Slate 260
Finally, some doors are being made. Butcher's shop has been isolated to prevent further miasma spread. Raptor's new quarters are slowly getting furnished, but the simths are little lazy about the furniture.

22nd Slate 260
Removed Derm from brewing duty to remedy the smithing slowness. Also, we have  new arrivals

1st Felsite 260
Migrants! More bodies to do the hauling! No less than twenty-three by my count.  Some have been snatched right away

OOC: that's it, everyone on dorfinator is dorfed, except those who are dead. If you want new dwarf, feel free to give yourself new entry in dorfinator and post here.

9th Felsite 206
An unclaimed craftsdwarf has been temporarily possessed by outside agent. However, the only outcome is this

Also, Eoganchata has given birth to a baby girl.

18th Felsite 206

An elven caravan has arrived. A welcome sight, as training and sparring gets boring rather fast. These two will prove a satisfying distraction, not to mention great training.
The baby boom continues! This time, Mad Fool is the mother. And it's a girl again.

21st Felsite 206
Damnations! The voidspawn are here once again! To arms!
Minkerrow was killed by voidspawn soldier swordsmaster, but NRDL and Saint hacked the vile beast apart while it dodged our bolts. In his absence, I have taken command of the squad.
Now, the gates closed, everyone has time to man their stations. The Void God har arrived. Prepare for the rest!
Void God arrived without any weapon and rushed out of gate to collect some equipment. As we could not stop him, we rushed to his aid, as he was punching another drone swordsmaster and others were rapidly approaching.
Void god is now surrounded, be we are not far away. He fights like an embodiment of death. Where his punch lands, a bone breaks. Wherever he bites, limbs fly away (OOC: despite arriving unarmed and unarmored for some reason, he just deprived the second swordsmaster of left lower arm, the entire right arm and several teeth just by biting)
Finally, in one chaotic meleé we have killed the vile voidspawn. Nobody died, despite the Void God, The Mad God, Dortimus and Tryrar getting hurt. AnimaRytak was bitten by voidspawn thrall and lost a lot of blood, but he is disregarding any medical care.
Thus ends the spring
OOC part
So, the spring was pretty uneventfull, except for the ambush. For some reason, Anima is unarmed and unarmored, but I'm trying to rectify this by launching the metalworks to full boom. Also, almost nobody died.
Also, here is a fort trivia: Anima's full name translates as Godden 'AnimaRytak' Roadcalls The Foggy Book of Maws.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 03:17:03 pm by SanDiego »

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 17, 2013, 03:57:58 pm »

found scrawled on a scrap of cat vellum in the main dining hall
From the Journal of Saint II, former Emperor and Empress of the Underground, etcetera and so on and so forth

...battle over. Killed a spawn. Tempted to mix blood with a shot of rum to see how it tastes, but I don' want to be the first in this fort to become a spawn. That honor goes to His Excellency, the Worshipful Booze-Sucking Kobold himself.

He was arrogant.
He was foolish.
He was bitten.

Also, he was stark naked. Now, while I do appreciate the draw of nude wrestling, perhaps sprinting out into an army of void-begotten horrors with it all hanging out was an ill-conceived notion? Maybe his purple robes and papal tiara got hot or something. Whatever the reason, I will be following him like a lion stalking its prey and watching him like the starving, obsessive offspring of an eagle and a hawk watches an obese mouse. It may have only been a Thrall...maybe.

But if he turns, I will exact my vengeance.

transcriptor's note: final words are blurred by stains of what seems to be rum, mud, and voidspawn squeezings. Rest of fragment contains scratched-out recipes for rum roasts.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 17, 2013, 05:00:33 pm »

If there are people dead on the dorfinator, who haven't been redorfed, and if you've got warm bodies laying around, go ahead and redorf the deaders. Part of the reason I put that together was so that people's redorf requests wouldn't get lost in the thread.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 272