Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789934 times)

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1350 on: July 16, 2013, 07:21:20 am »

Murdermachines does not belong on page two.

For a second I thought I might have missed that it was my turn... it is not (yet). How's the work on the LinDuC (Linear Duck Colider) coming along? Anybody started with that?
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 16, 2013, 09:16:49 am »

Sweet homies. Awesome. What's up? Pretty cool bro.

I guess I gotta start playin. I have no idea what's going on in the world so I'll have to read up, (Or not? Whatever you guys please).

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 16, 2013, 11:02:40 am »

Poor little lamb, he thinks he's going to "understand" this place by actually reading the thread.

I'm convinced at least one Deathgate regular amuses himself by placing strange and arcane linkages between levers and doors and floodgates without labeling them, then passing the ensuing cluster%*&^ to the next man.

I'm sure of that, because it's exactly what I'd do if I hadn't spent my brief turn getting slaughtered by kobolds and watching Mad Fool go totally Jackie Chan on some kobolds.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 16, 2013, 11:29:06 am »

There are some marked levers. And some even work as advertised.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 16, 2013, 12:11:39 pm »

Wishing to be dwarfed. Mas, male dwarf, violent "savior" of the abyssal dwarves. Probably just really good at killing non dwarfy things.  I did add myself to the list.  Strange how the void has a list of people in it.  Seems very, nonvoidy to have something exist to keep track of things. ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:51:58 pm by masam »

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 16, 2013, 12:46:14 pm »

Speaking of which, whoever set up the drawbridge that closed off the fort from the outside back around my turn: You're a jerk  >:( Damn thing was impossible to tell if raised or lowered, so I wound up accidentally letting kobolds into the fort then accidentally sealing them in with me.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 16, 2013, 03:58:44 pm »

What the hell is going on? This looks like a disaster! What are these levers?

WHAT IS MY GOAL?

I'll start actually playing the day after tomorrow or so.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 16, 2013, 05:07:38 pm »

Read the notes. The one that says it seals the fortress from the top really does - I once pulled it and AtomicAvocado and some other suckers were left to a voidspawn siege.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 16, 2013, 05:37:23 pm »

Speaking of which, whoever set up the drawbridge that closed off the fort from the outside back around my turn: You're a jerk  >:( Damn thing was impossible to tell if raised or lowered, so I wound up accidentally letting kobolds into the fort then accidentally sealing them in with me.

It's no Paindeer, but it'll do.

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 16, 2013, 05:38:36 pm »

Notes? I wasn't aware that function was even working. Huh. I guess I just don't write notes to myself when I play.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 17, 2013, 04:11:05 am »

Notes? I wasn't aware that function was even working. Huh. I guess I just don't write notes to myself when I play.
It helps when labeling levers. I usually colour-code them, but then... which magma vent does this red lever open again? The pressurized one?
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1361 on: July 18, 2013, 03:44:46 am »

It helps when labeling levers. I usually colour-code them, but then... which magma vent does this red lever open again? The pressurized one?
I don't use notes either, so it usually ends in this.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 18, 2013, 04:00:16 am »

maybe I sound a bit elfy, but dfhack has nice utility gui/mechanisms which shows linkages to this lever/bridge/floodgate/etc. Very useful when you come back to old long forgotten fortress. Or in cases like this.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 18, 2013, 04:18:09 am »

Yeah, but where's the fun in that.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 18, 2013, 04:29:58 am »

Or just folow my lead, ignore the levers out of sheer terror as to what they might do, and keep the fort open 24/7 year round. Sure almost everyone I drafted into the squads ended up dead, but the dwarvves already militarized before my turn were tough enough to survive and kick ass.

Just pick your battles. the corner bend besides our ballistae is where you want to be meeting the enemy, ideally after theyve been shot at by every projectile in the fort.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 272