Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789667 times)

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1380 on: July 25, 2013, 12:32:35 am »

Where the all might dicks did the fire come from man, don't yell fire and NOT tell us how it started!
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1381 on: July 25, 2013, 05:54:59 am »

Where the all might dicks did the fire come from man, don't yell fire and NOT tell us how it started!
I just read this (it was the only post on a new page) and wondered for a moment what thread I was on.

Then I remembered fire.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 25, 2013, 07:45:14 am »

don't tell me there's another demon sword, please...
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 25, 2013, 10:41:18 am »

I have no idea how the fire started. My theory is that voidspawn have very rough skin, and when they rub together the friction started a flame. Or spontaneous combustion. No idea.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 25, 2013, 11:59:27 am »

Could be some funny interaction with abyssal taint being high-temperature and getting spilled? Something? Anima might be able to answer depending on params for voidspawn.

As for the loyalty cascade, I think it was because of the thralls. I've observed it in the arena, but I'm not positive if it shows up in dwarf mode: if a voidspawn bites someone, and that person survives and becomes a thrall while still fighting, it'll still be hostile to the voidspawn that created it. It looks like the voidspawn might be creating thralls and then fighting them, and thralls are damn tough.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 25, 2013, 01:49:15 pm »

Yeah I was surprised. I posted a picture of one of the voidspawn who was just basically held together by anger and spite, and it had been fighting a bunch of other voidspawn and was engulfed in flames. I think she's still out their for the next person to kill.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 26, 2013, 03:18:12 pm »

Voidspawn are ungodly tough, yo. When I toyed around with them in the arena, a voidspawn overlord in steel armor was able to wreck entire squads of dwarves despite being beaten down so badly it was basically a crawling torso with teeth and horns.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 26, 2013, 07:40:12 pm »

Holy crap, my turn.
Frankly, I'm not even sure if my computer can possibly handle Murdermachines, especially now that it's on fire and being seiged. In addition, I'm currently on vacation, and will have minimal play time for the next week. Gaining internet access is going to be difficult (I'm using my moms phone wifi hotspot, which has limited use).
I'm (trying to) download it now, but I can't guarantee I can finish my turn.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 26, 2013, 07:47:04 pm »

Frankly, I'm not even sure if my computer can possibly handle Murdermachines, especially now that it's on fire
I read that as "it" referring to your computer, rather than the fortress. Was kinda wondering why you were typing on a flaming computer instead of calling the fire department!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

DrTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_RATIONAL_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 26, 2013, 11:35:11 pm »

Seeing the madness that makes Voidspawn devour themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if his computer burst into flames.
"I'm just so FUCKIN' HAPPY!"
*throws chair across the room*

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 26, 2013, 11:36:08 pm »

Voidspawn suddenly turning upon themselves for no real reason? Sponateous combustion during said turning on each other?

Guys...

Terry's back.

Now the madness begins for real. Grab some popcorn, 'cause things just got Fun.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 26, 2013, 11:49:36 pm »

Well, I couldn't download the save. I could certainly download it once I get home on Monday, if you lot are willing to wait.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 29, 2013, 09:20:44 am »

I was away for one week. One. Week. Holy shit guys, a complete wildfire for no apparent reason?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 30, 2013, 04:12:14 pm »

Voidspawn suddenly turning upon themselves for no real reason? Sponateous combustion during said turning on each other?

Guys...

Terry's back.

Now the madness begins for real. Grab some popcorn, 'cause things just got Fun.
Now we're cooking with gas! Or brimstone, alternatively. This should be a hell of a ride.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 31, 2013, 02:54:09 pm »

So I finally got to download and play, and this is the first thing I see:

Holy crap, theres armor and garbage everywhere. The game runs at a silky smooth 16 FPS on average, getting as low as 2 at points.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 272