Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789110 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1530 on: September 17, 2013, 03:51:13 pm »

Started reading this yesterday, and I'm already on page 77 of this...

Is there anything(quotes,deaths,badassery,etc.) you want me to look for?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 17, 2013, 04:03:16 pm »

Murdermachines: We have treasures of the ages piled around the fort in heaps of rotting garbage and flesh. We've created a home for a malevolent deity of ill fortune who seems predisposed to strike at us, the players, directly, in a way not seen since the days of the Virtual Boy. Our riches are guarded, not by traps or dwarven steel, but by the fact that the surface around us is so full of the murderous, the insane, and the murderously insane that one group of looters merely gets massacred by a group of marauders, and that's before the horrible abominations against nature trundle through and decapitate and/or assimilate the survivors. We have seen kobolds become conquerors, seen the very walls fracture and crumble before unnatural misfortune and poor forethought, and placed all our hopes in a batch of tortured, soulless children and the literal avatar of annihilation itself, because every other God worth mentioning turned away from us in horror a long, long time ago. Our home is no more and no less than a beacon of slaughter, a living, breathing organism that eats life, drinks hope, and shits misery as every sentient race in the known world gathers here to offer their best and bravest at the altar of Terry.

Nietzsche wrote, "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friends, we are not he who fights monsters. We are not he who gazes into the abyss.

We're the thing in the abyss that's gazing back.

I am so god damn proud of you people.

Get this to the front page, stat!

I think Anima has put an unofficial embargo on any more of my posts making it to the front page, to avoid me becoming the front page.

Can't say as I'd blame him. Whenever interest starts to flag or starts to come back up I like to try to come and write one of these to whip you gents up a bit.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 17, 2013, 04:13:56 pm »

If I see anything quote-worthy,I will put it up in my next post.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 17, 2013, 04:51:12 pm »

I saw someone glow blue. I'll get back to this tomorrow.
Please tell me you are talking about the computer characters. Please.

Nope. Fieriest redhead I know, and she starts glowing blue.
She thinks I might be schizo. She's probably right, we think.

...maybe you should get that looked at.... o_O

And so it was that Terry finally unfolded one of his master plans: to merge Dwarf Fortress with reality.
Run puny mortals, I have unleashed your greatest weapon against you...

Edit: Finished read up to this point, I've got a list of quotes to unleash at the perfect moments.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:54:59 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 17, 2013, 06:37:58 pm »

I saw someone glow blue. I'll get back to this tomorrow.
Please tell me you are talking about the computer characters. Please.

Nope. Fieriest redhead I know, and she starts glowing blue.
She thinks I might be schizo. She's probably right, we think.

...maybe you should get that looked at.... o_O

And so it was that Terry finally unfolded one of his master plans: to merge Dwarf Fortress with reality.
Run puny mortals, I have unleashed your greatest weapon against you...

Edit: Finished read up to this point, I've got a list of quotes to unleash at the perfect moments.
Welp, we hit post singularity. I am fairly sure that Terry is watching me right now.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 17, 2013, 08:06:38 pm »

This----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

That is what you mean, right? It can't be a coincidence...

He has trashed 3 computers, attacked people's health (including me), messed with people's lives, and has invaded our minds to ensure Mad Fool is allowed to continue his !!science!!

On a related note, I believe Mad Fool experimented on a demon in the most immoral way. This experiment has become known as the "Red Demon Sword"
GENERATION 32:

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 17, 2013, 08:45:04 pm »

Murdermachines: We have treasures of the ages piled around the fort in heaps of rotting garbage and flesh. We've created a home for a malevolent deity of ill fortune who seems predisposed to strike at us, the players, directly, in a way not seen since the days of the Virtual Boy. Our riches are guarded, not by traps or dwarven steel, but by the fact that the surface around us is so full of the murderous, the insane, and the murderously insane that one group of looters merely gets massacred by a group of marauders, and that's before the horrible abominations against nature trundle through and decapitate and/or assimilate the survivors. We have seen kobolds become conquerors, seen the very walls fracture and crumble before unnatural misfortune and poor forethought, and placed all our hopes in a batch of tortured, soulless children and the literal avatar of annihilation itself, because every other God worth mentioning turned away from us in horror a long, long time ago. Our home is no more and no less than a beacon of slaughter, a living, breathing organism that eats life, drinks hope, and shits misery as every sentient race in the known world gathers here to offer their best and bravest at the altar of Terry.

Nietzsche wrote, "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friends, we are not he who fights monsters. We are not he who gazes into the abyss.

We're the thing in the abyss that's gazing back.

I am so god damn proud of you people.

Get this to the front page, stat!

I think Anima has put an unofficial embargo on any more of my posts making it to the front page, to avoid me becoming the front page.

Can't say as I'd blame him. Whenever interest starts to flag or starts to come back up I like to try to come and write one of these to whip you gents up a bit.

Nope!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 17, 2013, 11:21:53 pm »

On a related note, I believe Mad Fool experimented on a demon in the most immoral way. This experiment has become known as the "Red Demon Sword"

I resent your implication of impropriety!

We are married.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 18, 2013, 03:06:21 am »

I took a look at the save...
Berserk yak who's killed an axedwarf recently.
Cave-in sacrifice over Soul Beacon
Strange rooms with - food stockpile blocked with iron grates, upright iron spears, magma flooding system, refuse stockpiles - a kindergarden maybe?
Arena is almost ready. Good.
No Battery?! No Duck-a-tron?! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

So, overall verdict - sweet, but not insane enough. Luckily, I have some ideas to improve it.

Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 18, 2013, 06:18:28 am »

I took a look at the save...
Berserk yak who's killed an axedwarf recently.
Cave-in sacrifice over Soul Beacon
I think I made this to expose... visitors to the air (how nice of me), let the marksdwarves practice a bit and the ... visitor ... then dodge to it's fate
Strange rooms with - food stockpile blocked with iron grates, upright iron spears, magma flooding system, refuse stockpiles - a kindergarden maybe?
Yup...
Arena is almost ready. Good.
Well, we need some balconies for our populace to watch. Maybe put the "better seats" right where the action is. If you don't then I will when my turn comes around again... maybe put some chains in there so that the spectators don't interfere with the performance too much?
No Battery?! No Duck-a-tron?! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

So, overall verdict - sweet, but not insane enough. Luckily, I have some ideas to improve it.
Build the LinDAc? I wanted to, but then I got distracted (I still wonder why...). I agree it is not yet the unmanageable mess DGI was in the end, but there might still be some older tunnels left from before the reclaim that never got patched up and are yet to be rediscovered... that kept me on my toes for a while. The BATTEREY will cause some FPS issues for me though. I only have a netbook to game on during my commute. Meh, whatever.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 18, 2013, 10:38:37 am »

Alright, I'll start getting the updates rolling in tomorrow or the day after that.
Has it reached the thousands yet?
Probably Very likely. I'll look it up later. But I can tell you for sure that Anima alone already has atleast 110 kills.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 18, 2013, 12:36:21 pm »

This----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

That is what you mean, right? It can't be a coincidence...

He has trashed 3 computers, attacked people's health (including me), messed with people's lives, and has invaded our minds to ensure Mad Fool is allowed to continue his !!science!!

Got it in one. Also, peregarrett? The kindergarten is built near all that magma for a reason. Up to you to figure out the reason, though.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 18, 2013, 12:49:26 pm »

Central heating. What did you think?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: September 18, 2013, 01:18:39 pm »

I've expanded the TvTropes article to include Murdermachines.

Make me proud lads.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 18, 2013, 01:39:12 pm »

requesting a dorf so that I may die in infamy, the dorfing page got updated with the request..
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 272