Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 786341 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1545 on: September 18, 2013, 02:05:35 pm »

Added onto the Tropes "Bizarrchitecture" and "Butt Monkey", but feel free to add flair to my entries...or remove them if they aren't
!!FUN!! enough.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 18, 2013, 02:16:13 pm »

Sorry,my computer won't let me edit my previous  post  >:(

Also,is there a way to incorporate this trope somewheres?

"Fantastic Fragility

Everything has a weakness, every lock has a key, every curse a loophole, and the flaw will come into play to bring down the device.
 This applies to basically every "immovable object" and "unstoppable force" in fiction, be they objects, characters, science, or magic. The idea is twofold: inside the story, the creator of the device or technique may incorporate a Necessary Drawback that will make it stronger, while the author gives the protagonists (or antagonists) a way to defeat it and maintain suspense and narrative flow by limiting the Deus ex Machina.
 When justified in a setting, it's usually explained that magic is not free, and the only way to make an unstoppable whatever is to, ironically, build in a weakness that makes it stoppable. Clever creators may even keep the weakness a secret to use in case the machine (or person) should be turned against them. Others may try to make it an Impossible Task.
 It can be a key to an Tailor-Made Prison, a physical weak point, not being able to harm virgins or the like, or a Curse Escape Clause. If the weakness is a Power Source, Soul Jar, or a form of remote control, destroying the "Keystone" destroys the device/weapon/person/army.
 See Also Celestial Deadline, Necessary Drawback, and Power at a Price. Compare Achilles Heel, which is this for creatures/characters"

I'm thinking the Voidspawns inability to use armour might count as this. If, ARMOK FORBID, The Voidgod gets killed, it will probably also be this.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 18, 2013, 02:56:36 pm »

Also, peregarrett? The kindergarten is built near all that magma for a reason. Up to you to figure out the reason, though.
An attempt to grow magma-proof children? Also spear-resistant and food-independent ones.
Let the !!science!! begins!

On my point, I recommend expose them to various forgotten beast syndromes and demons' when we release them. Urgently need Giant Cave Spider Farm here!

EDIT:
Yuli Vlasi, please don't sacrifice caged trolls. I just invented an awesome usage for them! Capture more, if possible.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:26:13 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: September 19, 2013, 09:21:25 am »

Yuli Vlasi, please don't sacrifice caged trolls. I just invented an awesome usage for them! Capture more, if possible.
Got it.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 19, 2013, 02:42:20 pm »

Also, as of end of my turn we had a sizeable stock of void thralls, what happened to them?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: September 19, 2013, 04:55:04 pm »

Also, as of end of my turn we had a sizeable stock of void thralls, what happened to them?

From what I briefly saw, a bunch of them were set up in, or just stocked near the butt arena.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: September 19, 2013, 07:56:14 pm »

From what I briefly saw, a bunch of them were set up in, or just stocked near the butt arena.

I'm almost to afraid to ask...but how many nefarious, potentially !!FUN!! plans are you going to use those Voidspawn for, and how worried should we be?
GENERATION 32:

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 19, 2013, 11:06:35 pm »

I'm almost to afraid to ask...but how many nefarious, potentially !!FUN!! plans are you going to use those Voidspawn for, and how worried should we be?
Don't worry. Everything will be fine FUN!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 20, 2013, 01:57:23 am »

Yeah, the animal stockpile down there takes all void creatures. The one closer to the top takes gobbos and stuff. I read somewhere that it is possible to consolidate prisoners into a single constructed cage, but I'm not sure I'd like to try that with the Horror from the Void...
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 20, 2013, 06:57:21 am »

I'll start today. What am I supposed to do with the 'childcare'-thing?
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 20, 2013, 07:11:16 am »

Dump babies and, err.. animal companions there, dump the food, forget about them, cause permanent mental scarring. You know the drill.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 20, 2013, 12:05:25 pm »

Dump babies and, err.. animal companions there, dump the food, forget about them, cause permanent mental scarring. You know the drill.  kill the entire fort
Got it.

I am starting the game now. Wish me death and destruction.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 20, 2013, 12:11:03 pm »

Alright. Who left the voidspawn tallow lying around on the floor? It's rotting. Please pick it up again. And eat it as long as it's still edible. Please.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 20, 2013, 12:16:05 pm »

I am opening up the passage the Ambassador got through again. Hopefully I will be able to construct a proper farm down there this time.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 20, 2013, 12:26:37 pm »

peregarrett, we have about 15 trolls caged at the moment. What exactly do you plan to do with them?

TalonisWolf, sadly the deathcount has not reached the thousands yet. We are at 782 right now.
Fun fact: About 1/7 of all deaths that occured in Murdermachines have been caused by the void god.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 272