Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789768 times)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1575 on: September 22, 2013, 07:42:33 am »

so, what's the current status of my dorf? I know he's alive, but I was wondering how skilled he's gotten
Let me check... It looks like you don't even exist. I am going to redwarf you immediately. You are now Tryrar Ebalthob, milita captain and also known as Goremaster. You are female. A voidspawn drone and a thrall have fallen at your hands. And you have no friends. At all.
Hm. Maybe there's open space that has yet to be uncovered again?
That is very likely.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 22, 2013, 08:03:21 am »

I am still trying to figure out how exactly the childcare is supposed to work. I found the place where the food goes in. And it looks like one of the rooms is supposed to flood with magma. The forges are working at some iron chains right now and there is a chain in one of the childcare rooms. Are the dogs supposed to be leashed? How are the children supposed to get into the iron spear room? How do I melt of their skin, fat and nervous system without burning them to crisps? Why are there iron grates around the food stockpile? That thing should come with an instrution manual built in rollercoaster through hell or something like that. And why...

I'll just post a picture.

Alright do you see the X next to the forgotten best blood? There's a leaver. What does it do? I will start dropping food in there as I wait for answers. There are two more levers next to the food stockpile. What do they do?

About the assrena. I am completing the magma pumpstack.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:16:57 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 22, 2013, 09:19:38 am »

Somewhere in the vicinity of the forgotten beast blood should be a microcline lever that operates the magma drain (the floor hatches). All told, the system should be safe, but I haven't tested it extensively on my turn due to time issues.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 22, 2013, 12:04:46 pm »

Somewhere in the vicinity of the forgotten beast blood should be a microcline lever that operates the magma drain (the floor hatches). All told, the system should be safe, but I haven't tested it extensively on my turn due to time issues.

I love your use of the word "safe" in the context of a magma chamber designed to melt the fat off of the occupants. :D
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 22, 2013, 12:12:32 pm »

Uhh. I built half the damn thing, and I can't remember much. But, one level up is where you dump the kids and dogs in from. I think you can put the dogs in a cage, and then have the kid inside the day-care destroy the cage. No leashes necessary. The rest is straight-up torture. And fireproofing, if that still works.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 22, 2013, 12:24:30 pm »

All told, the system should be safe, ...
Oh. Sadface.
Uhh. I built half the damn thing, and I can't remember much. But, one level up is where you dump the kids and dogs in from. I think you can put the dogs in a cage, and then have the kid inside the day-care destroy the cage. No leashes necessary. The rest is straight-up torture. And fireproofing, if that still works.
Yeah, I found that room. I just think that it's weird that the entrance to the room that was made to dump stuff into the childcare is inside the childcare.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 22, 2013, 01:11:28 pm »

Oh. Sadface.
Yeah, I found that room. I just think that it's weird that the entrance to the room that was made to dump stuff into the childcare is inside the childcare.
Yeah, I did a lot of careful engineering to make sure no floods happened. Were that room anywhere else, the entire level would be covered in water. I think.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 22, 2013, 04:21:46 pm »

Oh. Sadface.
Yeah, I did a lot of careful engineering to make sure no floods happened. Were that room anywhere else, the entire level would be covered in water. I think.

Careful Engineering...that implies you care for their safety, yet you plan on letting them take a dip in lava...no wonder Terry hates us all THIS.IS.DWARF FORTRESS!!!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 23, 2013, 04:57:05 am »

Oh. Sadface.
Don't worry, you still need to pump it in manually.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 23, 2013, 10:27:51 am »

Ok, as soon as I get somefood down there I'll start sending the kids in. I started constructing the underground farms.

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 23, 2013, 10:04:40 pm »

updatus logisticus?

(pardon my fake latin)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 24, 2013, 12:00:07 pm »

updatus logisticus?

(pardon my fake latin)
Let's put it like this: I am realy slow right now, mainly because I am busy most of the week. I'll get you some real, big updates this weekend and I will try to finish my turn as quickly as possible.

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 24, 2013, 12:03:30 pm »

ok, was just making sure that the thread doesnt get lost :P

Supermichael777

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly unusual political veiws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 26, 2013, 01:25:48 am »

Remember
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 26, 2013, 01:30:21 am »

Dat shit aint Terry.

Terry is significantly more abstract than that.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 272