Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789155 times)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1620 on: September 30, 2013, 11:25:59 am »

That's the outcome of being so arrogant to leave all the defence on Void God.
To be fair, I didn't. I sent everybody up there, Anima just arrived way before the others.
So did the Void God actually die or is he just napping in a warzone?
DEAD?! Nonono, he's just taking a break from being alive.

Btw, I irrigated the farms without killing everyone. Best overseer ever.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: September 30, 2013, 10:14:26 pm »

So, is Thaddeus the Fail Saint still alive? Or did (s)he get eaten or something?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: September 30, 2013, 11:12:29 pm »

Yuli Vlasi... you will go down in history. You must always be remembered, as the one who slew the greatest evil the world has ever known; through your actions, the people of this land might, possibly, look forward to a future. Hope. Happiness.

The fact that the greatest evil in the world was the mortal incarnation of our patron deity and his death probably removes our military from viability as a fighting force notwithstanding.

On the upside, I suspect we can look forward to a massively increased death rate among military dorfs, with plenty of lulzy stories for all. It's been a while since we got a Krosan killed and I'm going to be mildly annoyed if people start catching up to my incarnation count!
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 01, 2013, 07:15:24 am »

One question - HOW in the hell did you manage to kill Void God? He survived five voidspawn while stark naked, I didn't think he could die.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 01, 2013, 10:44:00 am »

Alright, AnimaRytak hasn't posted anything yet and I fear the reason for that is that he's trying to find and personally kill me with his bare hands right now. But unless he has the power of precognition and started his journey before i started my turn, I should be fine until... let's say tomorrow.
Weird, now that I think of it precogniton would explain this:
Murdermachines Turn
« Sent to: Yuli Vlasi on: September 17, 2013, 04:52:18 am »

ReplyReply
    Reply with quoteQuote
    Remove this messageRemove

It is now your turn in Murdermachines!

You have until September 18th @ 11:59 PM EST to acknoweldge your turn.

It will be your last.
On the upside, I suspect we can look forward to a massively increased death rate among military dorfs, with plenty of lulzy stories for all.
This is the third time I wiped out our entire military. lulzy enough?  :P
One question - HOW in the hell did you manage to kill Void God? He survived five voidspawn while stark naked, I didn't think he could die.
I have no idea. He kind of doomed himself by running into an armed voidspawn squad for no apparent reason. He was fully clothed though and he had his artifact steel axe with him. He even managed to kill half of his enemies (about five) before... you know. Maybe he got weakened by the bath he took with the cyclops?

Oh, wait, I don't think I told you about that in detail. Funny story. While fighting the cyclops Anima dodged into a small lake on the surface. The cyclops followed him, they took a bath, had a nice time and then the cyclops died. Honestly, I thought the Void God was going to drown there. Here have some screenshots! The one in the spoiler tag depicts the voidwraiths great leader in his... not-alive-being glory. Nothing for sensible people.

The Void Gods favorite (probably only) bathing place:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The farms:

Totally worth it.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: October 01, 2013, 11:01:24 am »

For the next overseer:
1. I finished the pump stack which is supposedto fill the assrenas... whatever with lava. I tried to pump it manually which would have failed even if it had worked. Two dwarves melted, the other two are fine. There's something wrong with the two lower screw pumps. Don't operate them unless you want to kill somebody.
2. I made some digging designations which won't be finished during my turn. Some of them are useful, so you shouldn't delete them. For example, one gives the dwarves the possibility of reaching the magmapumpstack without having to go through the room which is supposed to be filled with lava.
3. I am contructing a pyramid made of pure gold in the same caves the new farms are in. It won't be finished though. Just so you know where you can find some gold in case you run out of it (not likely, we still have tons of that stuff).

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 01, 2013, 02:10:46 pm »

So, now we must choose who will succeed the Void God's steel axe?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 01, 2013, 02:49:53 pm »

I think it should only be wielded by somebody who is atleast as powerful or terrifying as the vg, but if you survive going to the surface it's yours I guess. Which brings us to the next 'problem'. We can't bury him without opening the gates and unless we engrave him a slab we'll have the honour of dealing with his ghost.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 01, 2013, 02:54:07 pm »

I think it should only be wielded by somebody who is atleast as powerful or terrifying as the vg, but if you survive going to the surface it's yours I guess. Which brings us to the next 'problem'. We can't bury him without opening the gates and unless we engrave him a slab we'll have the honour of dealing with his ghost.

In striking him down, the void spawn have made him more powerful than they could possibly imagine!
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 01, 2013, 03:22:27 pm »

Speaking of ghosts, peregarrett, yours is haunting my pyramids constructions site.
Literally seconds later after I notice the ghost, I get the following message:

This place is so messed up, it even messed up the afterlife.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:26:42 pm by Yuli Vlasi »

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 01, 2013, 03:34:04 pm »

Some people have multiple instants of their ghosts roaming this place as they keep dying and reincarnating faster than it's possible to bury them.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 01, 2013, 08:42:42 pm »

that's RIGHT. The reason why I lost the fort to freaking kobolds was because AMBASSADOR got in and ate everything first...!

<3 you
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 02, 2013, 12:27:37 am »

Was I among those who suffocated, or am I still alive?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: October 02, 2013, 03:27:17 am »

[ ... ] There's something wrong with the two lower screw pumps. Don't operate them unless you want to kill somebody. [ ... ]
That's a ... well... not really helpful hint, as this does not really appeal to any higher instincts of survival that we do not possess anyways... or so. Need more tea, cannot think at the moment nor write coherent English.
(as we do want to kill everybody ...)
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: October 02, 2013, 01:47:42 pm »

Leaky magma pumps that have to be operated manually are really just par of the course for us.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 272