Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777779 times)

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - A Glorious Revival! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1635 on: October 02, 2013, 02:25:24 pm »

Am I the only one here that was waiting for the Void God to die?

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: October 02, 2013, 03:34:07 pm »

Uhm.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: October 02, 2013, 03:34:34 pm »

I will finish my turn tomorrow.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: October 02, 2013, 09:38:45 pm »

Uhm.

YES. Half of the name is MURDERED

Besides, he wasn't a true god- merely the transdimensional right-hand of the True God of the Void. Guess who that is. ;)

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:08:39 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: October 02, 2013, 10:02:50 pm »

He was the linchpin of our entire defensive strategy, a one-beard army who singlehandedly kept the fort from being overrun by the constant traffic of horrible things that roam outside the walls.

It was only a matter of time, is what I'm saying. This is Dwarf Fortress, something stupid was eventually going to kill him.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: October 03, 2013, 06:47:07 am »

I am playing again. Every few seconds I get the message that sombody suffocated. We are down to about fifty dwarves now. We had about a hundred when I started.
And we might have a problem with our food suplies but I didn't take a closer look at it yet.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:49:03 am by Yuli Vlasi »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: October 03, 2013, 07:22:58 am »

It's a suffocation time!
Too bad that beast is killed. It could be the great addition to child care - warriors that do not need to breath, ain't that great?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: October 03, 2013, 07:41:18 am »

So I just realized that I wentcompletey insane with designating new areas to be dug out even though my turn is almost finished. Bedrooms, graveyards, everything has to be moved deeper, and deeper and deeper, closer to FUN!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: October 03, 2013, 07:49:27 am »

Yuli, Yuli, Yuli, my friend, haven't you been paying attention?

In Murdermachines, FUN is up. We don't break open the clown car because it's epic; we break open the clown car because the pits of
this world's deepest darkest hells are still more hospitable than the outside of our front gate.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: October 03, 2013, 08:05:57 am »

We are down to 40 dwarves now. And another voidspawn siege is upon us.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:16:10 am by Yuli Vlasi »

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: October 03, 2013, 08:10:43 am »

Yuli, Yuli, Yuli, my friend, haven't you been paying attention?

In Murdermachines, FUN is up. We don't break open the clown car because it's epic; we break open the clown car because the pits of
this world's deepest darkest hells are still more hospitable than the outside of our front gate.
But we still need the clowns for the assrena. Even though I am still not sure how's we are supposed to get the voidspawn down there. There's still that one passage that leads directly from the surface to it...

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: October 03, 2013, 12:23:39 pm »

I think that we came to the conclusion that a voidspawn/demon war had to be forced, before anyone worked out the logistics of making it happen.

At this point I'm pretty much in favor of baiting the demons up onto the surface and using them as an impromptu army, after suitably making the outer fort impregnable of course. A little hellfire and toxic demon blood would probably improve the ambience.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: October 03, 2013, 03:13:25 pm »

I think that we came to the conclusion that a voidspawn/demon war had to be forced, before anyone worked out the logistics of making it happen.

At this point I'm pretty much in favor of baiting the demons up onto the surface and using them as an impromptu army, after suitably making the outer fort impregnable of course. A little hellfire and toxic demon blood would probably improve the ambience.
No. First we need to gather as many vessels as possible.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: October 03, 2013, 03:41:35 pm »

Well, the surface composes mostly of misery and horror, so I think we can get the demons in endless loop:
"Hey guys, this place looks awfully like hell, you sure we didn't take a wrong turn somewhere?"
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: October 03, 2013, 09:38:53 pm »

No. First we need to gather as many vessels as possible.

That is going to be a problem, I think, considering that we tend so strongly to trend downwards.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 272