Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789917 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1860 on: November 03, 2013, 10:40:07 pm »

Even FPS can be fixed with sufficient hackery. Also, I missed my update yesterday. :(

/sigh

...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: November 04, 2013, 03:10:12 pm »

Actually, Dwarf Fortress just means that no matter how badly you screw stuff up, there's always a way of recovering it, as long as you act crazy enough. And of course, the problem wasn't FPS.

Reclaiming this is just stupidly Dwarven to WORK!

I am way to optimistic-this is Dwarf Fortress we're talking about.n ;D

"Reclaiming this is just stupidly Dwarven to WORK!" ...

"...as long as you act crazy enough." ...

Similar message, mine WAS a bit ambiguous however...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: November 07, 2013, 11:13:57 am »

I have found my life to be shockingly tame lately. Hardly any thoughts of feeding dismembered minions to magma pools. I blame this on Murdermachines going quiet.

Anima, where ya been? You've gone dark on us too...
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: November 07, 2013, 09:33:48 pm »

has he abandoned us? are we left to rot in this hellish void?

can we never return to murdermachines!?!

i havent even been dwarfed yet! DAMMIT!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: November 09, 2013, 01:45:59 pm »

Where is everyone?

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: November 09, 2013, 02:16:36 pm »

me thinks everyones disapointed we lost for the fort a second time...next time we dont even have VG to aid us in the reclaimation!

plus i think this forts just dead, the voidspawn were a bit to killy for us...!FUN! though! but a bit to Killy...mostly because they just kept on comming, mix that with the goblins and other things, attrition did us in, as well as FB Extract.
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: November 09, 2013, 02:27:13 pm »

Maybe next time you should mod in some sort of super-pet (made of adamantine maybe?), to combat the Voidspawn? I can imagine how that would go: "The Stray Godzilla strikes the Voidspawn Thrall in the arm! The severed part flies off in an arc!"
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: November 09, 2013, 03:26:28 pm »

If the completely overpowered, undying beasts of destruction, doom and death are fighting on your side, you are doing it wrong.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: November 09, 2013, 04:10:34 pm »

welp, anima gave me permission to make a deathgate DFxdragon age crossover, ill provide a link to it when i get the frist chapter up! seriously though, the stray godzilla...nah we could have a large lizard pet, while not unbeatable, it would be immune to thralling, plus freindly to dwarves, kinda like a dwarf sized zilla...only it has beserk and rapid healing, as well as thick skin. (give it claws and a very strong bite as well as a tail attack and we got a millitary dwarf friend for life!)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: November 09, 2013, 04:27:23 pm »

Making nigh-immortal creatures immune to thralling would be cheating, though. The rampage would be legendary, and would earn Murdermachines a place in history alongside Boatmurdered.

Anyway, if any of these ideas is too overpowered, just give it the "opposed to life" tag but leave it trainable. That way you'll probably be able to get it from caravans or with the embark, but any wild ones, on the other hand...
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: November 09, 2013, 04:32:49 pm »

Making nigh-immortal creatures immune to thralling would be cheating, though. The rampage would be legendary, and would earn Murdermachines a place in history alongside Boatmurdered.

Anyway, if any of these ideas is too overpowered, just give it the "opposed to life" tag but leave it trainable. That way you'll probably be able to get it from caravans or with the embark, but any wild ones, on the other hand...

i second this!!! having a breeding colony of those zilla's would defintly be klike the dwarves taming the elephants in boatmurdered...plus they tend to destroy the surface with lava....wait...cant we do the same with water?obsidianize the world!!! after we have a tree/seed farm underground...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: November 10, 2013, 03:39:10 pm »

Murdermachines is Spearbreakers with no time travel.
Spearbreakers is Murdermachines with time travel.
I mean, they both have horrible monsters that turn people into them and they ended around the same time. They both have near-god warriors and ongoing jokes. (mugs and the surface) They both even have many of the same people participating.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: November 10, 2013, 08:01:40 pm »

I mean, they both have horrible monsters that turn people into them and they ended around the same time. They both have near-god warriors and ongoing jokes. (mugs and the surface) They both even have many of the same people participating.

Is there a problem?

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: November 10, 2013, 08:57:43 pm »

Is there a problem?

i definetly second this batch! its almost like a parallel universe crap going on, in spearbreakers theres fischer, in murdermachines theres VG whos essentially the void incarnate...

i think the next fort needs a little...SURFACE MUG OF DOOM! thing to go on...we must build a megaproject with a gaint mug for spearbreakers and fill it with lava for deathgate,(bonus if the lava's pulled from hell and it has the deathgate logo on it!), also on the surface for murdermachines....
all powered by a series of batteries! Noodle...you know what to do...

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: November 11, 2013, 02:52:52 pm »

Is there a problem?

i definetly second this batch! its almost like a parallel universe crap going on, in spearbreakers theres fischer, in murdermachines theres VG whos essentially the void incarnate...

i think the next fort needs a little...SURFACE MUG OF DOOM! thing to go on...we must build a megaproject with a gaint mug for spearbreakers and fill it with lava for deathgate,(bonus if the lava's pulled from hell and it has the deathgate logo on it!), also on the surface for murdermachines....
all powered by a series of batteries! Noodle...you know what to do...
This sounds... familiar.
Yeah, has already been done. Was hilarious.
Why are you making plans for the next fort? We haven't even finished this one yet :P Just wait for Anima to do... anything. Of course he may be busy and it might take a while.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 272