Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777647 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1890 on: November 15, 2013, 05:23:31 pm »

Oh man. I'm clutch for reclaim team? I ask for a spear as my weapon. By Odin's hand I shall live, and by His hand I shall die!!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: November 15, 2013, 06:43:25 pm »

Yo, put me on that team as well!

Kyh - female - metalworker/armourer/weaponsmith

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: November 15, 2013, 10:36:15 pm »

I vote for chaosmaker, as either the weapon/armour-smith or the seige operator! and if i must fight, i shall do it in a dwarfy way.....MAKE WAY FOR A STEEL HAMMERLORD LADS!

im all for CARP trainning and the DANGER room....kindergarden is also ago. also make sure the mad fools lab gets up and running as soon as possible, remember people wanting their Dorfs get in frist! plus anima MUST be the duke/baron/lord of us all...and have the best absolute room possible, gold, obsidain, and smoothed/engraved via a master engraver. also obsidian furniture and a golden bed to. (extra chests, weapon racks and the sort of junk youll find in a royal lords room).

He shall be Pleased....

on a side note...

We must Build A Temple to TeRrY
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: November 16, 2013, 12:57:06 am »

I vote for chaosmaker, as either the weapon/armour-smith or the seige operator! and if i must fight, i shall do it in a dwarfy way.....MAKE WAY FOR A STEEL HAMMERLORD LADS!

im all for CARP trainning and the DANGER room....kindergarden is also ago. also make sure the mad fools lab gets up and running as soon as possible, remember people wanting their Dorfs get in frist! plus anima MUST be the duke/baron/lord of us all...and have the best absolute room possible, gold, obsidain, and smoothed/engraved via a master engraver. also obsidian furniture and a golden bed to. (extra chests, weapon racks and the sort of junk youll find in a royal lords room).

He shall be Pleased....

on a side note...

We must Build A Temple to TeRrY

We ARE said temple.

If there's room, someone throw me in the reclaim party as Krosan the Meat Shield.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: November 16, 2013, 01:49:47 am »

Reclaim attempt notes:

a) Don't forget food and booze. There are some prepared meals left, but only about half of them are edible.

b) Silver hammers cost just as much as bronze spears and are at least as effective. Anything else is either too expensive or too weak.

c) There's actually not that much armour near the wagon, and ranging out to grab what's further away raises your chances of encountering thralls. On the other hand, there aren't enough points for anything besides some cheap shields.

d) As far as skills, 3 weapon + 3 shield + 3 dodge + misc combat skill seemed to work, though I'm no expert on combat. A doctor is probably a good idea, though it will be a while before the reclaim team has time to treat wounds.

e) Given the costs of skills and weapons, it may be better to lower the number of actual warriors, and bring a few low-skill laborers so other supplies (i.e. food, booze) can be afforded.

f) The best bet is probably digging down from the wagon and hoping you hit something. (Maybe with a little dwarven radar assistance.)

g) There are at least two FBs loose, but the one I ran into in my last attempt wasn't too threatening.

h) If we ever face another goblin invasion (or, rather, when) the goblins will turn hostile, so letting the thralls and goblins wipe each other out is the ideal outcome. I.e. don't kill more thralls than you have to.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:57:55 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: November 16, 2013, 06:02:06 am »

Thanks for the advice Wlerin. The first update should come up today.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: November 16, 2013, 06:54:26 am »

Alright, here's the plan:
My first goal will be to construct an airlock at the surface. Currently we only have one female dwarf (Kyh) and it will take ages to repopulate the fort without letting in migrants, so that's a priority.

The reclaim team consist out of three miners (Wlerin, Chaos-Maker and Minkerrow), two masons (Kyh and Tryrar), one speardwarf (Puff) and a mechanic (Mr.Strange).

Most of you guys wanted to be some sort of warriors, but we can't afford buying the necessary skills and there's more important stuff to be done first. We'll just throw you in a dangerroom as soon as we find one. Sorry.

The next step will be to reach the underground farms. I won't be looking at older saves to find out where it is, I'll just be digging in it's general direction. That's how a dwarf would do it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 07:05:39 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: November 16, 2013, 07:09:02 am »

Alright, here's the plan:
My first goal will be to construct an airlock at the surface. Currently we only have one female dwarf (Kyh) and it will take ages to repopulate the fort without letting in migrants, so that's a priority.

The reclaim team consist out of three miners (Wlerin, Chaos-Maker and Minkerrow), two masons (Kyh and Tryrar), one speardwarf (Puff) and a mechanic (Mr.Strange).

Most of you guys wanted to be some sort of warriors, but we can't afford buying the necessary skills and there's more important stuff to be done first. We'll just throw you in a dangerroom as soon as we find one. Sorry.

The next step will be to reach the underground farms. I won't be looking at older saves to find out where it is, I'll just be digging in it's general direction. That's how a dwarf would do it.

we only have one female dwarf (Kyh) and it will take ages to repopulate the fort without letting in migrants

The girl who asked me to ask for that dorfing is now simultaneously horrified and in stitches.
Well done!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: November 16, 2013, 07:14:48 am »

The reclaim team:

Our stuff:

We also got two cats. A male and a female one. hehe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: November 16, 2013, 07:15:33 am »

The girl who asked me to ask for that dorfing is now simultaneously horrified and in stitches.
Well done!
hehe.

e: embark!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: November 16, 2013, 07:21:18 am »

Oh god, I just unpaused the game. I don't see any dangerous creatures except for these:

I'll be careful anyway...

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: November 16, 2013, 07:34:32 am »

Oh god, I just unpaused the game. I don't see any dangerous creatures except for these:

I'll be careful anyway...

I know this is unheard of 'round these parts, but BE SAFE.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: November 16, 2013, 07:46:12 am »

for a moment, i actually thought that we did it. that we returned to the world of the living. this time we would not repeat our
old mistakes. we would live forever. everybody thought so. who could blame us? with the powers our protector bestowed upon us we had
nothing to fear. even the horrors HE sent to throw us back into the abyss we no match to anima'rytak. but even gods have to sleep...

we won't fail this time.

so i took a look at the stuff lying around or wagon in hopes of finding an axe (i forgot to take one with me and now there's not enough space to build proper walls on the surface, i may have to dig into the hill) but unless you count some steel armour, the only useful thing i found is the artifact gem cage that was made during one of my turns. right next to it lies the severed hand of my first murdermachines dorf. how symbolic.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 16, 2013, 07:58:34 am »

guys. i found and axe. i found THE axe. it still lies where anima dropped it. wlerin was right. a thrall showed up and is currently fighting a goblin master thief. i keep getting ambush alerts from beneath the earth all the time...
tryrar is being haunted by his own ghost.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:17:07 am by Yuli Vlasi »

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 16, 2013, 08:35:07 am »

without the goblins we would have lost againby now. dwarves keep running off into nowhere like the fools they are but i somehow managed to keep them save until now. they reclaimed the void gods axe, but puff is hesitating to use it on a tree for some reason. the construction of the walls goes on slowly because i've been so smart to use the third heaviest stone in the game as the buiding material. shit.

haul them. haul the rocks if you want to live.

quick question: after i enabled woodcutting on everyone nobody picked up the axe anyway, eventhough it is claimed and lying in our weapons stockpile. nobody is dumping stuff too. any ideas on how to solve this?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:49:02 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 272