Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789372 times)

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1980 on: November 29, 2013, 06:35:26 am »

And whatever Anima said about magma, I think it's worth making a railroad and pour a few drops at the surface, to burn down all the garbage left outside.

Yeah, but that is not weaponising, it is good practice...
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: December 01, 2013, 12:08:47 pm »

And whatever Anima said about magma, I think it's worth making a railroad and pour a few drops at the surface, to burn down all the garbage left outside.

Here here! The passage of Time itself is threatened, we must drown the demons in our trash clean up the universe.

On a more serious note, cleaning up the trash will make this more overseer-friendly. Which is not saying much with this bundle of insanity.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: December 01, 2013, 01:00:59 pm »

In Murdermachines, it's simple equation: use magma to clean up the debris == sear the entire map devoid of life. There is no other way.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 01, 2013, 01:04:06 pm »

Actually, I'm pretty sure magma would cause massive FPS problems, much more so than if you hadn't tried to clean stuff up that way.
I recommend simply shutting off the fortress until thieves have stolen all the leftover goods.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 01, 2013, 01:25:32 pm »

In Deathgate the FPS eventually got so bad that one overseer used DFHack to autodump trash into an atom smasher.

On the other hand, he also accidentally smashed the Red Monster, but that's beside the point.

On the other other hand, rotting mounds of garbage is kind of one of the selling points of Murdermachines.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: December 02, 2013, 12:57:03 am »

In Deathgate the FPS eventually got so bad that one overseer used DFHack to autodump trash into an atom smasher.

On the other hand, he also accidentally smashed the Red Monster, but that's beside the point.

On the other other hand, rotting mounds of garbage is kind of one of the selling points of Murdermachines.

[/size]

NOOOOOoooOOoOoOoOoOooOoooooo.........

dammit....all those deaths over that damn sword for nothing,

all well, no death no pain, no suffering no gain! (i vote we get adamantium and show the spawn who we bleeding red hell we are!)

also i vote for a total trash dum,p when we get a effective competent adequete screw it, a fucked up mass of bodies for the meatgtrinding surface untillwe can get our shit back from the surface!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 02, 2013, 01:36:25 pm »

I recommend simply shutting off the fortress until thieves have stolen all the leftover goods.
brb, spending the rest of my live waiting for thieves to clean up the map. atleast i'll have something to do until the next version comes out.
i still haven't uploaded the save.
ffs.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 06, 2013, 01:00:41 am »

Murdermachines, wake up! The world isn't horrible enough yet!
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: December 07, 2013, 05:34:11 am »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I finally got my hands on the save again. Uploading it right now.

Edit: ... it's only a matter of time now ...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:49:03 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 08, 2013, 06:27:59 am »

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: December 08, 2013, 09:30:52 am »

Dun-dun-DUN!
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: December 09, 2013, 12:03:25 am »

are....we....dead?

are...we...in...the...void?

why?

why?

why?

murdermachines has finally fallen.

<:press A to Continue:>
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: December 09, 2013, 12:47:33 pm »

Is "..." code for "I, uh, accidentally our entire military."?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 09, 2013, 12:49:36 pm »

Or he just accidentally the whole save.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: December 09, 2013, 12:58:37 pm »

That happened once before, right?

Anyway, if that's really what happened, I think the explanation should be rather obvious. The save file All bow to Terry.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:17:31 am by Dwarf4Explosives »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 272