Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 790256 times)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2070 on: January 03, 2014, 02:51:02 pm »

might be that, but on more news from my own fort....

I caught a dragon in a Tin Cage....any ideas on what to do with it? going to turn off temp for now...just untill i get it in a nice safe place...so !FUN! doesnt happen, i was worried for a moment my traps wouldnt cut it and my millitary doesnt have marksdwarves.is a recipe for !FUN!.
Wow. I'd recommend attempting to tame it, so you can safely put it in it's own enclosure. I'd also recommend editing the raws by adding the "[CHILD]" token to the dragons raws (and reducing the incubation period for dragon eggs), so you can eventually have a dragonsplosion.
Woah, be careful with that.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: January 03, 2014, 02:56:30 pm »

Edit: First off, can I get a status screen from the beginning of the year? Also, what do we need(besides not dying?)
Ok. Not dying sounds good. You need food. Srsly, you are out of plump helmet spawn. Get food.
And a military. Archers should do for now.
Uhm yeah. That's all we need for now.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: January 03, 2014, 05:08:44 pm »

Also, while it's been said repeatedly, avoid all egg roasts you come across. Try to keep the caverns walled off, we've died twice to FB's coming out of them (including the egg-roast incident).
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: January 03, 2014, 05:10:51 pm »

Edit: First off, can I get a status screen from the beginning of the year? Also, what do we need(besides not dying?)
Ok. Not dying sounds good. You need food. Srsly, you are out of plump helmet spawn. Get food.:edit- find a way to eat sentients, that way we can have goblin sandwich's! or elf meat...
And a military. Archers should do for now.-edit: we need more marksdwarves using bone or wood bolts!
Uhm yeah. That's all we need for now.:edit- i can remeber what else needs to be done, such as dumping all the stuff on the surface for reclaiming...add more !FUN!

modifid it for ya! anyway going to check on how to change the Raws for the dragon, mostly i got a male, hopin for a lady dragon soon! thankfully it hasnt sprouted fire yet, and maybe war dragons will be more intresting then war-dogs...war dragons...must...have...where can i change the raws and get the dragons [CHILD] and a several month long incubation period?
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: January 03, 2014, 06:20:46 pm »

Just open the raws of DF. I believe Dragons are under creatures_other. Also, use [CHILD:N], where N is how long you want them to take growing up. Incubation period is already done, I think, but I believe you should find it under a separate section for the egg items.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: January 03, 2014, 06:59:52 pm »

Just open the raws of DF. I believe Dragons are under creatures_other. Also, use [CHILD:N], where N is how long you want them to take growing up. Incubation period is already done, I think, but I believe you should find it under a separate section for the egg items.

Dragons are under creatures_standard, actually.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: January 03, 2014, 11:49:30 pm »

okfay found the raws, now where do i put the child thing? frist time modifying...and is the raws in a creature_Standard_notepad?
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: January 04, 2014, 07:06:56 am »

Just go to the text file named creature_standard, double-click it to open, scroll down until you see [CREATURE:DRAGON]. I'd add [CHILD:4] anywhere after [CREATURE_TILE:'D'][COLOR:2:0:0].
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:09:32 am by Dwarf4Explosives »

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: January 04, 2014, 08:16:48 am »

okay heres what i did, correct me if i did it wrong
1)i clicked on the file labeled dwarf fortress 0.34.11
2) i clicked on the raws
3)i went to Creature_standard
4)then i added in the [Child:4]

did i do it right? im quite the crappy rookie at this, even though i play the fort a bit, its more of somthing to do while i wait for either my dwarf to get revived into a new form and the fort to escape from terry's clutches again...me thinks ol terry is play its usual tricks on us, keeping the world in a sort of limbo while it crackles in delight, in other words had a goblin invasion force during a dwarf merchant run, lost a human merchant run due to 2 ambushes...the goblins really dont like me...might be ebcause i threw all their theives and ambushers into a pit where my marksdwarves either shot at them or my melee squad beat them to a pulp...and stole their clothes and armour and weapons...deifnetly made a killing that year with all the trade. on a side note should i equip all my dwarves with silver whips and scourges? its amusing to see all the attack damage of tearing the goblins bit by bit...also i need to figure out a way to lure a female dragon and then train her to get dragon pups, once i get enough keep the big, strong, and quick dragons and butcher the rest for their bones and skulls, and scale armour...what can i say a draogn industry sounds damn awsome! if the fort ever revives and we need an animal trainer....

thats it, ive changed my mind! make me a animal trainer so we can get dragons!!!murdermachines shall be known for their dragon pens...anbd besides i dont think the spawn are dragon-fire proof! should add more fun with them clearing out our stockpiles filled with FB goo! i also support my idea of a shower area with pumps similar to the battery recycling water to sort of "clean" our dwarves, and if we do get tallow...make soap...makes dwarves happy and we dont die of ifnections...took me awhile to get that up and running.

now that im rambling and your all probably shaking your heads at this new guy at dwarf fortress rrambling along, ill say this...

ARENA! GOBLINS, DEMONS, VOIDSPAWN VERSUS DRAGONS AND DWARVES!!! may the best draogn riding dwarf win! (i can imgaine the fighting going on and in a instant a gate collapses and a dragon similar to smaug from desolation of smaug from the hobbit movie just slowing growling as it prowls towards the goup, and a dwarf clad in adamantine armour roars a challenge as the group in turned to ashes from dragon-fire!)

i got dragon-sickness...must...have...!FUN! i dont want to sleep...is this normal?

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: January 04, 2014, 08:36:38 am »

Heh, I'm probably even more of a newb than you are; my first fort hasn't even died off yet. Just copy-paste the dragons raws after clicking on the # sign and I'll check to see whether you did it right.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: January 04, 2014, 11:08:46 am »

Ok, this is a dwarf fortress cliche, but I have no clue where anything is, especially the levers controlling the entrance. I might just rebuild the entrance just so I know where I stashed the levers for the bridge...

Anyways, first granite, and I'm basically assigning someone to do heavy plant gathering to find some plump helmets so we can brew shit.(either that, or do some trading.) Anyways, 16 dorfs wont use up the massive supplies of cooked meals we have. Also, found out why we have no plump helmet spawn; some idiot turned on cooking seeds for all our stockpiles(i turned that off for now)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: January 04, 2014, 11:22:19 am »

This is giving me a serious deja vu to my first read-through of the original Deathgate. We're going to end up with three separate entrances again, aren't we?

Concerning the cooked meals, check them all for contaminants and then check if they're forbidden.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: January 04, 2014, 11:33:20 am »

I know :P. I did find the gate levers, so I don't need to move the entrance again, but the bigger issue is we're out of cloth and thread, so I'll be forced to trade with the elves(we don't have enough military to simply take shit)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: January 04, 2014, 11:46:17 am »

Ummm, guys, you know that thing about not dying? Welll....

Edit: NVM, crisis avoided. FB contained

Edit Edit: Actually, I just screwed up. In an effort to release a dorf that had been trapped in a separated part of the cavern, I flipped another lever...only to find it was the master control lever for all the bridges in the Deep City. three guesses who decided to party with the dorfs...

Edit edit edit: Ok, no hope of recovery. I have 4 dorfs left, 3 of which are trapped in an area with no food, no drinks, and not a single pick to dig them out(so they're dead anyways); not that there's a point of digging them out with the FB on the loose. Even after dogpiling him with everyone, he still murderized the entire fort. So, what do you guys want me to do? I'm still not too far into the turn, so I can savescum if you guys want, or just pass on the previous save...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:06:11 pm by tryrar »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: January 04, 2014, 12:47:35 pm »

This is glorious. Three deaths in a row to FB's. We should just repeatedly reclaim-abandon to import massive amounts of the stuff we need (we bring the contents of the cart to a place it won't scatter after reclaim and then abandon immediately).
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 272