Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 788361 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2085 on: January 04, 2014, 01:01:39 pm »

actually, on further thought, I'll just pass my turn. Just note that in the Deep City, there's a lever above two other levers that's the master control switch for every bridge. FLIP ONLY IN EMERGANCIES
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: January 04, 2014, 01:06:13 pm »

Too bad, the collapse into further death and slight destruction has always been the funniest part of this fort.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: January 04, 2014, 04:15:23 pm »

wow, deathgate just got more killy if we cant even salvage a fort from death itself!

i vote we just marks-dwarf the FB's entirely...or just seal the caverns off untill we reach 100 pop with 1/5 in the millitary and done carp and the !FUN! room trainning, also all children (not babies, kids) be put into kindergarden.

heres what i did:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

did i do it right? i so want war dragons...(plus changed exotic pet so they could breed)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: January 04, 2014, 06:53:29 pm »

[IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:55000]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:57000]
      [SPEC_HEAT:30000]
And the code to make blood and pus fluid seem like they're a bad idea. If I remember correctly, the right way to change that is to go to the blood and pus templates and set them to be in fluid form.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: January 04, 2014, 07:23:55 pm »

erm didnt actually answer the question but any idea when the next overseer gets around to updating? cause at this rate we might have to do a quick redo-over and STAY in the upper levels, at least untill we get the right amount of dwarves in the millitary and then have the caverns sealed... in fact i say we just seal the damn things already and KEEP them sealed. if we must absolutle need the Adamtnine, we can just lure the FBS to the arena, and then let it be a demon vs void-spawn vs goblin vs Frogotten beast, the winner gets to face the dwarven millitary of murdermachines riding their dragons to victory! also any ideas on how to lure another dragon to the fort? besides making so much crap it shoots up the value?
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: January 05, 2014, 07:48:48 am »

Ok, this is a dwarf fortress cliche, but I have no clue where anything is, especially the levers controlling the entrance. I might just rebuild the entrance just so I know where I stashed the levers for the bridge...
I think Yuli built a second, simpler entrance. Might want to see how that works. The levers for the old gate have notes, if I'm not mistaken, and were in the middle of one of the busier parts of the old fort.

Anyways, first granite, and I'm basically assigning someone to do heavy plant gathering to find some plump helmets so we can brew shit.(either that, or do some trading.)
Probably the best idea. Where from? The caverns or the upper soil areas? Because the latter may still have wandering goblins and voidspawn thralls... and of course the cavern has its own unique set of dangers.

Anyways, 16 dorfs wont use up the massive supplies of cooked meals we have.
Well, that would be true... if about half to 2/3rds of those cooked meals weren't contaminated with a deadly toxin. Best to find another source of food.

EDIT: Ah. The fortress has fallen. Again.

This is glorious. Three deaths in a row to FB's. We should just repeatedly reclaim-abandon to import massive amounts of the stuff we need (we bring the contents of the cart to a place it won't scatter after reclaim and then abandon immediately).
That's ... not such a bad idea. EXCEPT, aside from food, the fortress should already have everything we need lying around either inside or scattered on the surface. Worst case scenario (I personally think this is cheap and will probably lead to more bugs) could just have each reclaim party bring weapons and some food, sort through the trash and bring what's needed to a designated location in the Deep Fort before they are inevitably killed by FBs or starvation... and then the final group just brings food and makes a mad dash for the stockpiles below.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:56:47 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: January 05, 2014, 08:32:27 am »

hmm or we could use D-hack...and possible say the void sort of...burped...and let us gather all the plants and trees, as well as make a few NECESSARY modifications, like dumping all the trash into one easy to reach location, dump the FB covered eggs into the outside of the fort (let nature take its course...and of course the goblins, thralls, kolbolds, ect all die from parallisis!)

might be cheap, but at this point im willing to be called a cheater just to get this fort untill its 20th year, where we WILL breach hell wether were ready or not!

and possibly unleash terry unto the unsuspecting world in all its chaos-godly form! all and all, im thinking were more like the deamons from warhammer universe now, only with the void instead of the bitchy warp. (the voids cooler, litterally and it makes more sense then that helll-hole!)

anyway good luck living past the frist few months, youll need it for the elves...i strongly suggets unless they have pets we want we string them up in cages as void-spawn bait...please? the humans, ehh good for some things like bars and food, (hell in my game i bought out an entire 6 caravan and 4 cow/donkey group of human traders...and let them have over 30k riches...why? because i didnt need most of the crap i got from overtime goblin stipcaging, kolbolds, the odd siege, and several caravans dieing due to unfortuenete envents out of my control.....-_-....i knopw what your thinking, i did not wall in a human caravan and drowned them, its unoriginal!...now if i said i magmad them to death would you believe me?)

anyway looking forward to the journel/update! hope to see us live this time...even if im betting we all starve and have to get new hosts again...exactly why does the kingdom keep sending us host's? even after all the horror stories? because at this rate were going to get our asses chewed up in the murdermachines grinder untill we cloge the killyness up and breach hell because of our boredom.

also i suggest this time when we make a hell bunker we KEEP it a bunker untill we have at least 2-3 sqauds on standby in adamantine armour weilding either silver hammers, or adamantine axes...all trained to legendary...with markdwarf back-up....and a population of 100 complete wityh farms and food supplies. all but a dream right now though.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: January 10, 2014, 10:41:34 pm »

....is anyone on these days anymore? heres to hoping the thread doesnt die...because if so murdermachines has truly beaten us to death with a meatgrinder so full of our dwarves if aint funny anymore...

seriously i think the spawn might have been a bit to killy this time around...with the whole entralling thing we got going on, i say next embark we go to a savage/evil zone, dig and not ever come to the surface..and turn the trade depot into a caravan trap/murdermachine when we dont need the elves wood or the humans trade anymore. we should aspire to become a moutain home and make a TRUE hellbunker...plus conquer hell and pretty much move right on in!

also if we happen to capture undead we can make a vampire testing ground for any new migrants, thus allowing us to ensure we dont get any bloodsuckers that keep on messing with our dwarves...i suggest we lock any vampires up and make a way for us to....execute...them via magma, (will need magma proof stone and wood to do this with pumps, a resivor, some cells, and of course water to obsidianize the magma... this will be awsome....

anyway anyone up for saying murdermachines beacon just broke down because of poor stone quality and of course host dwarves poor craftdwarfship? we can definetely survive better in a evil/undead/demon infested zone better then this right now...with the fact people just arent intrested in playing (or cant due to real life sucking aka -terry-

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: January 11, 2014, 07:09:21 am »

Look, Anima hasn't posted in weeks and the person whose turn it is hasn't come. I'd say this fort is dead.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: January 11, 2014, 08:23:27 am »

Look, Anima hasn't posted in weeks and the person whose turn it is hasn't come. I'd say this fort is dead.

Ibid.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: January 11, 2014, 11:39:43 pm »

The void cannot hold us any longer.

Mortals beware.

No really, I have no idea what is going on.  I stopped updating saves because one sentence updates were annoying the shit out of me.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: January 11, 2014, 11:51:26 pm »

You Americans have school, no?
There is always a void to escape from.

But seriously, welcome back Anima!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: January 12, 2014, 01:31:46 am »

You Americans have school, no?
There is always a void to escape from.

But seriously, welcome back Anima!

There's a difference between a void and negative integers.

Especially when the average American IQ is involved.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: January 12, 2014, 08:57:50 pm »

Hehehe...

:D

What? I'm Canadian, I'm allowed to laugh!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: January 13, 2014, 04:59:42 am »

Hehehe...

:D

What? I'm Canadian Northern-North-American, I'm allowed to laugh!

fixed that...
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 272