Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777658 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2100 on: January 13, 2014, 04:54:28 pm »

We may be dumb, but we are still a wee bit more intelligent than the U.S. We try to stay on people's good side, not invade countries given the poorest excuse.

Sorry, I ranted. My apologies, now return to the daily dose of murder and choas.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: January 13, 2014, 06:19:55 pm »

Internet has been hating me for a month and when I can finally get back here the fort is dying again... it must be monday.

Seriously though, tryrar is smart in bailing out on this. I have never seen fort so absolutely fucked and messed up than this one. Trolls and goblins walk among dworfs, walls are made of shrooms and corpses are all over the place. And this forts "design"... ugh, my OCD.

I'd offer to play a turn but I kill well organized and self-sufficent forts without even trying, it'd be more certain death than another go with Yuli. Call me an elf with fake beard if you want, but this doesn't seem reclaimable without void divine interference.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: January 13, 2014, 07:06:37 pm »

Like the mushroom walls, things must be very triply.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: January 14, 2014, 03:18:09 am »

The shroom walls are just a result of trying to open the game using a different graphics pack than what the raws are using. As long as the game doesn't have any custom raw files, just replace the raws in the save folder with a copy of your own.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:20:38 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: January 14, 2014, 05:22:19 am »

@TalonisWolf
Sorry, was just poking a bit on the fact that... USAers? USAians? are commonly being referred to as "Americans". As the Arrogant Worms said, it would be like referring only to the French as Europeans, while there are so many small countries cluttering the continent...

But at least Canada is really big. (40x France)

Edit: Oh, and while studying there (Canada, not France) I learned about the two national sports: Hockey and America Bashing... ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:26:58 am by gunpowdertea »
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: January 14, 2014, 05:54:11 am »

Edit: Oh, and while studying there (Canada, not France) I learned about the two national sports: Hockey and America Bashing... ;)

What about professional apologising?

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: January 14, 2014, 09:13:01 am »

What about professional apologising?

"Forgive us, we're Canadians"...
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: January 14, 2014, 10:44:11 am »

The shroom walls are just a result of trying to open the game using a different graphics pack than what the raws are using. As long as the game doesn't have any custom raw files, just replace the raws in the save folder with a copy of your own.

This fort does have custom raws, for the voidspawn.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: January 14, 2014, 01:48:52 pm »

Note to self: mod in edible walls for next fortress.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: January 14, 2014, 05:34:54 pm »

Magic mushrooms, instant fay mood... that would explain why I saw buckets chasing bolts down the halls. Some of the creativity dworfs are showing in their artifacts is starting to make sense now.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: January 14, 2014, 08:56:34 pm »

Magic mushrooms, instant fay mood... that would explain why I saw buckets chasing bolts down the halls. Some of the creativity dworfs are showing in their artifacts is starting to make sense now.

So you're saying the dorfs have gained self-awareness, andare trying to show us things from their point of view? That should be interesting...  ;)
GENERATION 32:

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: January 15, 2014, 05:32:24 am »

This fort does have custom raws, for the voidspawn.
Oright. Doh!

Looks like they are in separate files, though, so while you can't delete the old raws, you *can* just copy the ones from your graphics pack over. I think.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: January 15, 2014, 11:10:39 am »

hurrah the fort lives! thank god i needed the extra laughs here at (the void)...and the fact im in alaska job corp right now sucks....no dwarf fortress!!!! (cannot play my own little fort of death and carnage, i got dragons bitches!)

also take your turn! no way this can get more messed up anyhow. and if you do its considered a successfull ending to a overseers carreer in online fortress mode!

finally glad to see you back anima!!! heres to the fort going to hell at least before we fall to demons...i vote for deathgate 3 we start iher in the moutains with no wood or near a volcano!! and then turn nature into our own heated flooring! (put magma underneath our apartments for our dwarves! bheated floors for your inconvienence....bno complaining about super hot floors, you should bve wearing socks and boots people! if you happen to fall into the magma chamber via falling through the melted floor we are not responsible for your loos and everything will be given to your next of kin...or to some other unlucky sob!)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: January 15, 2014, 11:17:24 am »

We may be dumb, but we are still a wee bit more intelligent than the U.S. We try to stay on people's good side, not invade countries given the poorest excuse.

Sorry, I ranted. My apologies, now return to the daily dose of murder and choas.

meh im alaskan, and the usa considerds us a forigen country right now me thinks....so worry not! canada kloves us when we cross the border...were VERY polite...
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: January 15, 2014, 04:44:52 pm »

Wouldn't know, I'm on the other side of the continent (Nova Scotia). Thus, I've actually never met an Alaskan, although I may someday.

I find it funny that Alaska was originally a Russian Territory back in the age of (either Colonization, Expansion, or Discovery). And sold it for a price which was a rip-off, really. Hehehe...
GENERATION 32:
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 272