Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789217 times)

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2130 on: January 19, 2014, 04:22:23 am »

DF hack can be used to do this...within reason...just dump everything on the surface to one spot, put the egg roasts on another, get the rest of the crap in the old fort, and then sit tight and fucking dont go outside unless migrants come...
...just dump everything on the surface to one spot, put the egg roasts on another, get the rest of the crap in the old fort, and then sit tight and fucking dont go outside unless migrants come...
ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY
GET THE SURFACE CRAP

i mean to sell the old junk on the surface...give it all to some worthless merchant and then take everything he owns in return...includeing dragons if anima gives us permission to put them on the pets list....if we can i will get on hands and knees and worship the very dirt he treads upon...war dragons....your steel and goblin armies dont mean jack shit if their all roasted alive, plus fun times happen if their near the booze stockpile...who wants to bet the frist TAME dragon we get creates a crater of the fort via turning the booze stockpile into a ticking time bomb?

that'll be the way to go! especally if we managed to blow up the entire fort and leave a hole to hell!
shamer we cant armour dragons in adamantine...and put them into trainning rooms/danger rooms...it would be LOVELY to have super might, super agile, and super enduring dragonsa running around causing chaos and destruction eveyrwhere they go...can you imagine the goblins faces when they meet several tons of flaming death? being ridden by a group of half naked drunk as hell (or sober if the forts situation is in dire need....wait their sober....the millitaries VERY tempermental if their sober...and are using scourges...)

on the note of scourges....i think we need to have a entire squad of torture dwarves for the...captives...all equiped with silver scourges...(does silver make the scourges more deadly? or steel?)....then you can sit back and enjoy watching the goblins get a taste of dwarven justice! in the form of bloody backs, legs, arms, loss of teeth...and other nasty things...once had a dwarf who wailed on a goblin for about a month or so before he got bored and went back to sleep...the goblin crawled pittifully into a cage trap...i sent the goblin into a pit...and it endured another round before FINALLY bleeding out...eveyrthing was pretty much in the yellows and reds by the time it got its skull cracked open and brains removed...

scourges in the hands of dwarves are !FUN! to watch....especally if you have a paticular sadistic hatred of elves, demon worhhipping human scum, and maybe goblins...i vote we wage war with the elves frist chance we get after robbing them of their wood...THE TREE WOOD!!!...wait....elves require trees to breed right?.....oh armok....im NOT going to want a wooden bed again!!! who KNOWS what the elves have done to them!!!! ROCK BEDS FOR EVERYONE QUICK! THE WOODS ALL CONTAMINATED! AND GET ROCK JUGS!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: January 19, 2014, 04:29:12 am »

-continugin where i left off due to hitting the enter key-

wooden bins are fine...just dont use them to store food...or drink...or flask/waterskins....i also suggest we use metal wheelbarrows...and turnt he wooden untillwe get magma into charcol....that way we dont have to worry about the more...contaminated wood...

i think i flayed my brain via suger....and no sleep....i really want to play DF now...

dragons...we need dragons...and maybe a zoo...gotta keep the dwarves happy you know! (and at least 1 beast/cyclops/minator/werebeast/vampire in a office as a zoo!)

also anima do we have permission to cursecheck in Deathgate/murdemrachines? cause i dont want to see the fort fall to filthy sparkly blood sucking fairies...why else are they able to pratically shift the blame to other people since they fricken sparkle!!!...have the urge to sit down and dream of dwarves pushing the sparkly things into hell for the sheer hilarity....or just putting them in the same cage as a elf...problem solved! (damn emo thing will annoy the prude, arrogant beardless, sober, pointy eared bastards into eating them! then we can throw the elf into lava! or maybe a DA *dwarf atomizer!*)
kolbolds were bad enough the frist time around!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: January 19, 2014, 08:47:41 am »

DF hack can be used to do this...within reason...just dump everything on the surface to one spot, put the egg roasts on another, get the rest of the crap in the old fort, and then sit tight and fucking dont go outside unless migrants come...
...just dump everything on the surface to one spot, put the egg roasts on another, get the rest of the crap in the old fort, and then sit tight and fucking dont go outside unless migrants come...
ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY
GET THE SURFACE CRAP
i mean to sell the old junk on the surface...give it all to some worthless merchant and then take everything he owns in return...
You underestimate the amount of surface crap. It's like. Alot.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: January 19, 2014, 11:45:57 am »

It's no longer just random crap on surface. It's became more of a geological feature.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: January 19, 2014, 12:37:18 pm »

Wait, wait, wait, is this still going!?  From the OP I couldn't tell (you should fire your Bookkeeper, he's clearly a Novice), but if it is I request Dorfing.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: January 19, 2014, 02:40:29 pm »

To tell you the truth, there are different opinions on whether or not this fort is dead, despite failing to reclaim... two? maybe three? times, simply because the overseers are simply that hardcore. They make Chuck Norris look like a Girl Scout.

The way the opinion is RIGHT NOW, they are going to start a Deathgate the Third, which may or may not start until after the next version of DF.

Was that any help?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: January 19, 2014, 03:08:55 pm »

Kinda, yes, cause now I know that I need to start training, in order to hopefully become a Proficient Overseer by the time DG3 starts.

Kinda, no, cause my condition for "Proficient Overseer" is "has created the Mountainhome and had it remain stable for a year," and I've created a grand total of TWO fortresses, one of which I abandoned when I panicked from a zombie invasion and locked my Dorfs inside and my supplies outside, the other of which I flooded out of sheer boredom.  And I failed at flooding it, too, I had to break open walls and doors multiple times in order to drown the whole fort >.<

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: January 19, 2014, 03:09:42 pm »

Banana. ;)

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: January 19, 2014, 04:02:42 pm »

apple
orange

whens the next DF update? and when it comes out will it auto download or will i have to reinstall DF again?

will saves be compatible...dont want to lose my dragon!

finally, if and when spring break arrives and we start deathgate 3...i want in...in the mean time, lets simple just keep reclaiming...untill we finally somhow manage to connect all the puncture holes in the ground to each other and make a Mega Fort...at which point i highly suggest the useage of DF Hack...if only to clean up the trash on the surface and dump it on the dumbass merchants that come to our desolation...

and if possible...weaponize booze...and minecarts...filled with angry sober dwarves...

i wonder if the dwarf(dwarvish-elf) king of old would be proud of us?...considering that we may/WANT TO KILL all the elves as soon as possible...any chance of waging war with the elves so we can have the voidspawn and goblin sieges attack each other? and maybe find a way to get kolbolds to kill the others...yes....our fort will be the site of DF version of WW1...between all the races! but we will win...on the backs of our warbeasts!! (i highly suggest dragons...LOTS of dragons...the firey fun will be awsome for the fps!!!)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: January 20, 2014, 08:53:31 am »

...one of which I abandoned when I panicked from a zombie invasion and locked my Dorfs inside and my supplies outside
Sounds proficient enough to me!
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: January 20, 2014, 09:06:00 am »

Maybe to you, but allow me to present to you the Grombardrim Scale of Overseer Mastery(TM)

Proficient Overseer: created a stable Mountainhome

Expert Overseer: created a successful Megaproject

Master Overseer: created a stable Mountainhome and stable Megaproject, then used the latter to destroy the former

Legendary Overseer: bred and trained Rocs for war

I have high standards of myself, especially considering the fact that I tend to starve my Dorfs out due to negligence... :P

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: January 20, 2014, 12:33:16 pm »

"Truly Dwarven Overseer" would be draining the ocean with an eternally burning lignite bin, right?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: January 20, 2014, 02:43:27 pm »

Nope.  To reach "Truly Dwarven" level, you have to colonize HFS with a force made entirely of Childcare Graduates, cast a fortress of Obsidian down there for your people to live in, and then leash domesticated Dragons at your entrance to keep those nasty Elves away, while trading Mermaid-bone chalices to the outlying lands (if you're not the Mountainhome by now, you haven't passed Proficient level yet!)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: January 20, 2014, 02:44:20 pm »

Maybe to you, but allow me to present to you the Grombardrim Scale of Overseer Mastery(TM)

Proficient Overseer: created a stable Mountainhome

Expert Overseer: created a successful Megaproject

Master Overseer: created a stable Mountainhome and stable Megaproject, then used the latter to destroy the former

Legendary Overseer: bred and trained Rocs for war

I have high standards of myself, especially considering the fact that I tend to starve my Dorfs out due to negligence... :P

Shitfire, son, I ain't done any of that and I still managed to airdrop ducks into hell.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: January 20, 2014, 03:26:35 pm »

Well.  These criteria are for myself solely, to be honest.  Like I said before, I hold myself to high standards.  Besides.  You were Overseer of Deathgate, which, as an Artifact Fortress, makes you Legendary in your own right.

On a more pleasant not (maybe?), I will proceed to celebrate because the Outpost of Mafololtar, Gildedgates, has survived to Winter of its first year (and has a stable brewing industry that has started to diversify into Rum as well as Ale, not to mention a hive of freaking honeybees that were just chillin' outside my entrance.  I only noticed them when they stung one of my watchdogs.  And then a Beekeeper came in the next migrant wave, so I was happy), despite having massive vermin problems - having heard so much about catsplosions, I decided that it'd be better not to take any cats in my initial embark.  To quote a far better Dorf, "Never have I been so wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 272