Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777612 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2160 on: January 21, 2014, 04:19:54 pm »

Why he added "your life or your reason" is beyond me. The average DF player doesn't seem to value either.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: January 21, 2014, 04:41:28 pm »

We shall see.

I have never, in fact, dealt with FB secretions or syndrome horrors in a living fort. On the other hand, there is no possible way that the current embark can be that much worse than what I left behind with my last tenure.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: January 21, 2014, 04:49:21 pm »

One word: Terry
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: January 21, 2014, 06:02:27 pm »

Shhh... it's "The Malicious Void" if we must speak of it at all! Who knows the consequences of invoking his name...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: January 21, 2014, 06:13:00 pm »

Don't worry, it only senses movement.  If you invoke its name without moving, it won't notice anything.

Besides.  "The Malicious Void" is now fused with AnimaRytak, thus we WANT to invoke it, in the hopes that He will return unto us.

TheGhostKing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: January 21, 2014, 06:17:40 pm »

So is this still going? I would like to take a turn in control or be dwarfed.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: January 21, 2014, 06:19:34 pm »

Well, considering the fact that I just dredged up the last save from the forgotten darkness of this thread for kefkacrazy's turn...  No.  It's dead.  We're all dead.  KEFKACRAZY'S GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF US ALL!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: January 21, 2014, 08:18:18 pm »

God in Heaven the empty clothes.

It looks like the fucking Rapture occurred in our dining room.

Let's see what we can do here.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:21:17 pm by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: January 21, 2014, 09:08:02 pm »

how many years hAs it been?

I...

FoRgIvE mE...

*the smell of sulfur washes over the room*

I lost control of myself for a moment. My apologies; I'm certain the burns will heal in time.

I am Lashidang. Last of the Demon Lords of Deathgate. A place, I'm sure, you will not remember, since to you it doesn't even exist. With time, such things will make sense.

Perhaps.

I came to this world along with the Dwarves of Murdermachines. A bit of a tagalong, if you will. Alas, I was not strong enough to force my way into a healthy adult's body and was forced to replace the soul of a newborn child.

It was, by the way, quite delicious. They always are, fresh.

Being a baby was rather simple, but it was not an unpleasant experience. Until those never-to-be-sufficiently-damned dwarves allowed me to be kidnapped by goblins. Me, Daemon Lord of the Fifth Circle, to be "raised" by filthy, unwashed greenskins, because of the incompetence and foolishness of this bearded slave race I shackled myself to?

This would not be tolerated.

I maintained my awareness, of course. The goblins raise dwarven children in an effort to harness their natural sturdiness and affinity for jewels, but they do not know a great deal about them and so it was easy to conceal my true nature. Until the day that my stolen body came of age.

On that day, I judged it to be strong enough.

I unleashed my true form. Flame rippled across my body. The stinking, slime-encrusted rags the goblins had given me flashed into cinders as I threw off my shackles, droplets of molten metal spraying my captors. I cloaked myself in demonfire and turned that goblin hole into a bloodspattered kiln in a matter of moments.

I felt my connection to the Void Beacon growing stronger as my demon nature asserted itself, and I set off into the world. Six dwarves I found, two of which I judged strong enough to be implanted with new souls from the Void. The rest would have to wait until I made a stronger connection to the Void Beacon.

We crested the hill overlooking the site of Murdermachines, and my eyes widened.

Smoke rose from the keep at the center of the walls. Even from this distance, blood and gore decorated everything, some dwarven, some goblin, some... otherwise. Movement was everywhere; everywhere my eyes swept, and everywhere I saw bodies wading through pits of bones and piles of trash as they slaughtered each other in an endless orgy of destruction. It did nothing but feed the bone piles.

I saw gold and jewels, the crafts of masters, sitting in puddles of sludgy, long-ruined dwarven wine. I saw riches that a thousand men would slay each other to possess crunched under the feet of trolls. The stench of decay and death permeated everything, overpowered only by the sulfurus stench coming from the fortress mouth itself.

Void God, but it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. I was home again.

I hoisted the pick I took from one of the dwarves I had decided not to recruit. Tapping it against a stone to dislodge some of the ashes of its former owner, I sank it into the soil and felt my host body's beard twitch with a smile.

Digging a tiny tunnel into the heart of the hill, I ordered my "companions" to follow me into the darkness. The ruins of our stolen wagon were left to block the tunnel forever more behind us, and we set off into the darkness. Into the dirt I delved, knowing that before us was the Voidhaven, Murdermachines. And it would live and breathe again.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: January 21, 2014, 09:34:56 pm »

That was epic, Kefka :D

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: January 21, 2014, 09:51:41 pm »

so beautifull...

Kefka...you are my 2nd favorite dwarf now, the frist being of course the void god...(shhhh! speak his name not in vain yet! we dont have the sacrifical temple built to sustain his malice!!! if an animal trainer comes kefka put me up for it! in fact ill go do if after this message...)

anyway glad to see a demon lord (who is now ONE OF US, ONE OF US, ONE OF U----sorry, host body got uppity for a moment...me thinks he was in the craftsguild for mugs or somthing) got the fort up and running again! beware the egg roasts! and not to mention the FBS, a least untill we have marksdwarves and a somewhat functional millitarey (aka-disposable bodies that arent needed, soap makers, are needed, only one however...the rest can be situation at least 4-5 dwarves a profession...the rest in the millitary bitches!)

also build cage traps...me wants a dragon to tame overseer boss-dwarf, if not possible ill just wra train anything into a murdermachine...maybe a pain-dog? (seriously i have a dog in my fort thats essentially paindeer incarnate...it got into a fight with a goblin theif and pretty much got almost all red on its body...its still has a damaged kindey but healed overtime...essentially 60-80% is one massive fucking scar...gonna nickname him spotty just for kicks)

also i suggest adding to the beacon...and maybe moving it to the Temple of the Void...make sure its made of obsidian!!!...and other crap that anima likes...maybe then he shall return to us in the strongest, most able dwarf we have...(im guessing around 4k strength, 3k endurance everything else)

anyway great update man! the storyline sputtered out while we all talked madly in the void...guess were to busy just dicking around like we ususally do to get shit done...cant have a turn though...damn fucking essentially job corps and not having a laptop that can play DF...otherwise i would be on this in a heartbeat.

also whos fault was it that kefka got kidnapped again? i vote we put him in a dog room for awhile...(a small 3x3 room filled with at least 15 dogs...and male cats...winner of the melee gets to live in the hopsital!...hopfully the mad doc doesnt come into town hehe!)

good luck lord overseer! and may the void god bless your blackend, blood covered, wraithy form of hellish flame and death. speaking of fflaming death, we should have mad doc find a way to fire-proof our dwarves so they can swim in lava...
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: January 21, 2014, 11:14:26 pm »

Damned happy to see this continue, no one has a right to destroy us dwarves but us. It's our Armok given right to destroy ourselves for the simplest of reasons, because that's what we do best. Defying tedious "humane" conventions for a good drink and a better fight.

I don't see those voidspawn elf-sons growing beards anytime soon, so they've gotta go. Demons too.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: January 21, 2014, 11:41:38 pm »

Assuming I read this correctly, this is Peregarrett's final save.  I assume you'll be reclaiming?

Actually no. There were turn that crumbled my fort to the end and Yuli's reclaim turn:

i've finally uploaded the save, you can find the link below. i am sorry that it took me so long. i have no excuses.
who's next?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: January 22, 2014, 01:47:24 am »

We're not just dead, thanks to kefka we're going to be mincemeat cookies. We need to finally breach hell. And I think it would be a good idea if we let kefka have as much time with the fort as he wants. Let's see whether he can sustain a fortress rather than have let the bubonic plague run rampage through the fort.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: January 22, 2014, 03:10:53 am »

Assuming I read this correctly, this is Peregarrett's final save.  I assume you'll be reclaiming?

Actually no. There were turn that crumbled my fort to the end and Yuli's reclaim turn:

i've finally uploaded the save, you can find the link below. i am sorry that it took me so long. i have no excuses.
who's next?

Oh, dammit. Whoops.  On the other hand, blame the OP, I didn't see Yuli's turn there and so I did't look for it >.<  Looks like Kefka's already gone forwards with his reclaim, though, unless he wants to swap over to Yuli's save...
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 272