Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789227 times)

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2205 on: January 26, 2014, 04:12:45 pm »

Oh!  Nah, the Star Destroyer I've seen is neither fully armed nor operational.  It doesn't even have multiple Z-levels!  It is, however, pretty impressive.

As to the sun and moon questions: "The Sun is a flying blob of gold.  Beware its flaming breath!  It is associated with Light and the Day.  The Moon is a flying blob of Dwarven Cheese.  Beware its deadly dust!  It is associated with Dark and the Night."

....DWARVES ME MUST MINE THE SUN AND MOON!!! For the Gold and Cheese!!!

remeber our lord loves his cheese!....im surer well find a way to break through the limits of the sky...if we can mine slade we can mine anything...and im pretty sure people have tried to make a fort UNDER hell via the deep rift shafts....would be intretsing to be technically at the center of the world and have a thrieving dwarf fort in the middle of it...and let goblin and spawn/elf invasions try to invade hell to fight the demons. and then fight the sane dwarves of deathgate!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: January 26, 2014, 04:35:24 pm »

...I think I missed something. I did a double-take, wondering when I'd gone on a Dwarf Wars thread... make that a Dwarf Star thread, pardon the pun.  :D

Thank You for making my day.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: January 27, 2014, 01:00:26 am »

...I think I missed something. I did a double-take, wondering when I'd gone on a Dwarf Wars thread... make that a Dwarf Star thread, pardon the pun.  :D

Thank You for making my day.

thanks i derailed at a point where i added in a tv.trop...had to do with hutt lap-dancers.....have fun with that image...

anyway i think were just bored at not having a mega-project around so were discussing if its possible to turn murdermachines into the frist star destroyer...with actual working weapons!!!

i suggest we make the main turrets with catapults, side laser cannons with ballista, and have lots of stockpiles in the rooms. Anima's place considering hes our Lord and Chaos God of the void is the central command center...(or above it) so that he may lord down on us in the dinning hall/community center for the crew.

shame we cant have it spew magma as a way to obsidianize elf encampments....

someone write a story about that!!! it sounds awsome! (dwarf-SD hanging over an awed elf encampment...before stones start droppibng onto their heads and magma powers from the belly of the ship! and minecarts filled with burning bits of metal figurines of elves fly down like mini bombs to set fire to their precious trees!!!)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: January 27, 2014, 08:59:05 am »

Sorry about the delay, been a cruddy weekend. I'll try to churn out an update today.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: January 27, 2014, 11:02:27 am »

How about a giant dwarf statue built completely out of red stone?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: January 27, 2014, 02:37:48 pm »

Have we reclaimed the fort yet? I can't really tell.

How about we reclaim, but dig out an entirely different fort?

We'll just seal off the entrances to the old one and never speak of it again.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: January 27, 2014, 03:29:16 pm »

The problem with digging out a completely new fort for permanent residence is that the surface is still a warzone and getting migrants is going to be chancy at best. we don't necessarily have the beardpower to dig out entirely new infrastructure when new beards are at a constant premium.

My current plan with continuing with this save from Yuli is to do this in the short term, but it's not really long-term sustainable. Better would be to identify death zones.

The big problem I'm liable to face is that I have literally no experience with managing toxic syndrome spatter. this could prove costly.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: January 27, 2014, 03:50:29 pm »

Just avoid the egg roasts, seal off as much of the caverns as possible and install a door and block it at a point far before FB's can come anywhere near our dorfs.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: January 27, 2014, 06:14:18 pm »

Alternatively, dig down, find an aquifer, and create Project F.T.W. all over again.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: January 27, 2014, 09:22:14 pm »

I began by assessing the denizens of this pit...

Chaosmaker, you will be pleased to know that your brothers in beard are so distraught over your death that they are cheerily drinking over your rotting corpse.

Whoever designed this airlock system was apparently either too drunk or too sober. Because...

One of the bridges retracts rather than raising.

I ordered the dwarves to construct a brick wall blocking out the airlock controls from the rest of the fort. (They were quite hard to find, by the way; the hastily scribbled indicator that the controls were "down a ways" failed to convey the fact that the control levers were constructed so deep that I can hear the eldritch whisperings of my cousins from this dimension.) This is a simple, utilitarian dwarfcontrol method: whenever the gateway needs to be controlled, a dwarf is sent to retract the "broken" bridge, locked in, then kept captive as a slave to the airlock lever until such time as it is released.

I began exerting my will over the workforce. Naturally, rather than bothering about with subtlety, this process involved me enthralling every living body not already possessed of one of our Void souls. My mindless slaves will serve well at tasks which can be assigned en masse, ensuring that the most important of labors are attended to with maximum haste and a minimum of fuss.

One of the thralls goes about his labor with a large chunk of skeleton over his shoulder. I'm not quite certain why.

Situation in the fortress is nightmarishly precarious. Goblins and trolls roam freely among the corridors, and I'm not quite certain how long this uneasy truce will last. The halls need washed clean of such filth, but no dwarf in the fortress has the combat prowess to go about it.

Of primary concern is the food situation. While the air around Murdermachines is so well infused with lost, twisted souls that a deep breath will practically sate my own hunger, the dwarves need food of some sort to go on about their lives. While I work to prepare edible meals from our seed stockpiles, my thralls swarm the fields. Their current method of throwing sweet pod seeds at the ground and headbutting them into the mud may be inefficient compared to the careful tending of a master, but at least there should be a crop of some sort.

I declare SanDiego to be our new bookkeeper and order him to start a complete tally of the goods in and around Murdermachines. I estimate this will take him a good part of his lifetime to complete, but it must be done; more closely cataloging these lost goods is the simplest route towards perhaps reclaiming some of them...

I rest for now. One month has passed; it is now 1 Slate.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: January 27, 2014, 09:43:02 pm »

Good to know that Kyh's got her 'respecting the dead' down pat :D

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: January 28, 2014, 02:11:28 am »

This is going to be hilarious. Have fun when your goblins start rebelling.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: January 28, 2014, 09:47:37 am »

I tried getting my thralls to form up on one of the goblins in an old-fashioned circle-stompy formation, but I only had one show up. This is probably because the "main body" of the fortress, as Yuli has it set up right now, is on layer ~90ish so they get tired or thirsty by the time they finish the stairs. If we had dogs, I'd just chain dogs around the things, but we don't. And god only knows how many "friendly" trolls and goblins from the last siege are still hanging out.

They flip when a siege occurs, don't they?

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: January 28, 2014, 09:55:08 am »

Yup. Keep them separated using a door blocked with an item set as forbidden to deter trolls and other building destroyers and behind that (closer to the entrance to the actually active part of the fort) add a normal door. Leave this second door closed.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: January 28, 2014, 11:23:39 am »

They are standing literally in the middle of major artery rooms, and they don't stand still so I can't really wall them in. (Though I should try that anyway; the Thralls are all mason conscripts so I can get projects done fast...)
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 272