Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789756 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2325 on: February 24, 2014, 07:39:01 pm »

Excellent. Should help prevent tantrum spirals by making dwarves uncaring.
Great, now I'm trying to traumatize fictional constructs.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: February 24, 2014, 08:18:42 pm »

Anyone who tries to tantrum will have their will bound to the will of the Voidgod.

Just like our friend Kogsak.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: February 24, 2014, 08:34:23 pm »

Holy fucking shit its alive. I haven't checked this thread in ages! Anima, you're back! Also...looking at the save, why the fuck did Terry invite Khorne and Nurgle to crash at Murdermachines?
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: February 24, 2014, 08:35:27 pm »

Holy fucking shit its alive. I haven't checked this thread in ages! Anima, you're back! Also...looking at the save, why the fuck did Terry invite Khorne and Nurgle to crash at Murdermachines?
Tea Party.

Edit:
No update tonight, didn't get home from work till late.
Be prepared for the next chapter:

Gnostics of the Voidgod
Urist 16:1
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:22:57 pm by AnimaRytak »
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: February 24, 2014, 11:39:29 pm »

Tea Party.

Edit:
No update tonight, didn't get home from work till late.
Be prepared for the next chapter:

Gnostics of the Voidgod
Urist 16:1

fuck, at least birdbrain and the sadisitic/machoistic feme-dude thing didnt come by...

and Dwarf4Explosives....this is DF, anyone going on a rampage is essentially a thing of good news! it means fresh host for the void...

that and i seriously dont want to piss of the fristborn of Terry...especailly since we laugh our asses off at the warp....

the warp essentially ties reality to a table and has suprise torture/insane shit done to it...we make that shit look like a tea-party...

and we do it EVER damn Second were in this awsome realm of fiction, death, carnage, and blood.

also who wants to vote Anima for Baron/king of murdermachines? is it possible for murdermachines to create it owns monarch?

also hows the fort? i really feel the need to know whats going on and how the map looks....have we reclaimed most of the fort and sealed off the other entrences untill such a time when we can abandon the surface? (im thinking eventually some deity will start getting upset were fucking with the "balance" or whatever and start sending elves and Humans to start screwing us over...not to mention manipulate the Spawn into driving us underground...and by the void its starting to work since the surface is a deathtrap that mordor would be GREEN with envy of...hehe...green...

also i go with the whole screw the surface and make a pit of death around the fort...kinda make it a underground tower...or even better, find a way to turn the fort into a upside-down spire pointing to hell....with the surface as the "base"....makes some sort of fucked up sense that underground would be considered "the real sky/air"  to a dwarf...none of that shjitty sunshine, cold breezes, the feeling of freshcut clean grass under your boots!!!

and elves froliking in the damn woods...who knows what happend to the wood before we got our hands on it? (wood is only usefuol for the process of making soap and charcol...wish we could make beds out of stone...)

So...any plans for going full out subterrainian city independent of the surface?

Or will we eventually take over hell to journey to the new world for deathgate 3...which means i suggest we start out at or near a necromancers tower and say we got summoned straight out of hell...the 5 escape with a wagon of basic supplies after a nasty fight, the others are scattered across the world (Elves...they alwasy mess somthing up...even when they become necromancers...) before we return to "punish" the corpse humpers and then attack hell again, and of course wage untold war against goblins, elves, and the spawn!!!

i so cant wait for this to start!!!
(and if im free ill go for overlord for a weekend, might get my turn done and typed up! might not have pictures though...)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: February 24, 2014, 11:45:08 pm »

is it possible for murdermachines to create it owns monarch?

It is, we have a Divine Mandate.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: February 25, 2014, 12:15:23 am »

awsome....

VOTE FOR THE FRISTBORN AS KING!!! THE VOID DEMANDS IT MAGGOTS!!!

also would you like a adamantine based room/temple? im sure we can find a way to make a few pits where you can amuse yourself with goblin/kolbold/human/elf slaves stuck in such pits to feed on whatever scraps you cast off to them...arifact furniture i should guess...yes...perhapes thta would be best.

after all, none of us want to be trapped in the void forever, which is why there hanst been a betrayer in Deathgate, in well, ever! after all none of us are dumb enough to piss off the one being who can send us into a nightmare that which we will never wake or escape from.

anyway from insane ramblings of a mad-dwarf that was stuck in the void to long trying to not be seen/felt/whatever in the void, would we become our own independent moutain home then? if such then we might not get mirgrants...unless we lure in a large horde of meatbags to be our slaves. (i got a idea for cast system-

Anima:Demi/true-void-divine being that we all worship and desire to please in our of mad way....so terry doesnt claim us all...like those poor bastards in deathgate 1...

Named dwarfs=nobles of the fort...

Non-named dwarfs aka:unclaimed dorfs= slave population

Dorf caravan:somthing wwe trade with, nothing more

Humans: annoying pests that we MIGHT trade with if we feel like it

Elves: Fresh meat for the beasties.

Spawn:kill em all

Goblins:pests that must absolutly die..or be even worse slaves then before

kolbolds and any other senetinet being that attacks us:not even worth mentioning

anyway one last question, been looking at the DF development, will seiges eventually dig into our fort? if so then they can completely bypass any security we make...annoying...unless we make the fort 100 levels down filled with lava as a moat. see ya all tomorrow...hopefully lord fristborn found a way around our food crisis...damn eggroasts...makes me think we could weaponize it or give it to the elves/humans...or have the kolbolds eat it.

does puff get over his syndorm? (or does he pull a "I got better" situation)

if anything we should be calling Puff a blessed one or somthing, because he clearly did somthing worthy or being "cured" of death and most of the paralyalisis...
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: February 25, 2014, 01:17:14 am »

Voidspawn:
Import:Unholy Desecration
Export: Genocide

The sad part is, these voidspawn aren't what I intended.

My planned voidspawn were far nastier, but the civilization population mechanics were too tricky. (Hell, they barely breed as is.)
And they never use proper items or skills.
Honestly, Voidspawn overlords were suppose to be given four steel weapons and a full set of steel armor with the proper skills.

The battles I tested them in were so ridiculously one sided that it might be a good thing they got broke.

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: February 25, 2014, 02:06:59 am »

Voidspawn:
Import:Unholy Desecration
Export: Genocide

The sad part is, these voidspawn aren't what I intended.

My planned voidspawn were far nastier, but the civilization population mechanics were too tricky. (Hell, they barely breed as is.)
And they never use proper items or skills.
Honestly, Voidspawn overlords were suppose to be given four steel weapons and a full set of steel armor with the proper skills.

The battles I tested them in were so ridiculously one sided that it might be a good thing they got broke.

Clearly, Armok intervened with the process. He's the god of blood after all, not some sort of death or..."shudder" justice diety. A one sided battle would spill much less blood than what would reasonably sate his insatiable need. And while dwarven bodies lack the inherent blood supply of larger creatures, those voidspawn husks must be filled to the brim with the hallowed ichor he seeks.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: February 25, 2014, 05:07:58 am »

Who needs overpovered voidspawn, when we have eggroast?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: February 25, 2014, 09:08:01 am »

Who needs overpovered voidspawn, when we have eggroast?
Also incompetence and megalomania.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: February 25, 2014, 10:19:23 am »

For the newcomers to the thread, I'll point out that I ran some tests of my own with a copy of the save a long time ago, just to see what kind of insanity would come out.

A voidspawn overlord in steel was tearing apart entire squads of well-trained, armed-and-armored dwarves. With no hands or weapons. It was beautiful. He was just this ironclad torso slamming into dwarves and ripping them apart, like some kind of fanged land torpedo.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 11:02:28 am by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: February 25, 2014, 02:41:20 pm »

For the newcomers to the thread, I'll point out that I ran some tests of my own with a copy of the save a long time ago, just to see what kind of insanity would come out.

A voidspawn overlord in steel was tearing apart entire squads of well-trained, armed-and-armored dwarves. With no hands or weapons. It was beautiful. He was just this ironclad torso slamrming into dwarves and ripping them apart, like some kind of fanged land torpedo.

Physically, they work as intended. Insanely strong, tough, and incredibly hard to kill.
Missing is the huge population, armies of thralls, and steel.

Plus the skills are wonky.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: February 25, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »

A voidspawn overlord in steel was tearing apart entire squads of well-trained, armed-and-armored dwarves. With no hands or weapons. It was beautiful. He was just this ironclad torso slamming into dwarves and ripping them apart, like some kind of fanged land torpedo.

"Fanged land torpedo" would make a great expletive.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: February 25, 2014, 06:17:33 pm »

"Why, that's a fanged land torpedo of a idea!"

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 272