Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777862 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2385 on: February 27, 2014, 07:21:43 pm »

I'll start training a proper military soon.  Once we have a solid military, the void god will become the monarch and retire from murder-pasting.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: February 27, 2014, 10:32:39 pm »

bullshit...

the void-god makes khornes bloodlust looks like a teenage drama thing.

You do realize that once the Void God kicks the bucket again, we're screwed?

Did we even have a militia last time? I mean, the Void God had the killing power of five elite squads. All we had to do was to point him in the right direction and he'd reduce whatever enemy he found into a bloody paste. We depended on him too much; once he was gone, we didn't stand a chance.

Use the Void God only as long as we lack any militia of use; once we have obtained a regular army, dispose of him as you see fit.

Setting up a regular army ain't that difficult, if a slight investment. Just got to scroll through available dwarves for their physical traits, find those most useful to the military as a whole, and put them into training squads with defined equip weapons. Get a solid cap, leggings, mail, gauntlets, and low boots along with a wooden shield, and their stats'll rise real quick. Armor user and shield user'll be the most prevalent for survival, dodging's more of a consequence. Easier when you have experienced war dwarves, as their sparring goes 80+ pages of the taps.

you frogot greaves and a breastplate. and have it replace their clothing.

also Anima, if we have excess useless metal (iron or copper) i suggest making metal-clothing. would be intresting to have everyone in copper clothes, would think it wont wear out as fast and the fact its a redish metal means that storywise they wont freak out so much with blood covering them. unless their soaked in it like VG every other day before his Rum break.

also anyone say we put VG in a danger room with wooden (training) spears and see if we can get his recuperation up to notch so he wont spend as much time in the Death-Room of Horrors now that Mad Fools back?

considering the metal storage do we even have metal armour? if not then dig deep, make the fort even deeper then ever, and abandoen the old parts of the fort and seal them right up. shame we cant flood it with lava and cool it so we can strip-mine for obsidean and make a monolith for a beacon. ya know just mak our place a little more permament...

anyone thinking an Aztec pyramind style building filled with traps that would make the old Death-bridge of deathgate look like a pansy when we have the Dorf-power for it?

and finally i so aggre with Dwarf4explosives...its what im planning to do when i get back to my computer.
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: February 27, 2014, 11:26:48 pm »

bullshit...

the void-god makes khornes bloodlust looks like a teenage drama thing.

You do realize that once the Void God kicks the bucket again, we're screwed?

Did we even have a militia last time? I mean, the Void God had the killing power of five elite squads. All we had to do was to point him in the right direction and he'd reduce whatever enemy he found into a bloody paste. We depended on him too much; once he was gone, we didn't stand a chance.

Use the Void God only as long as we lack any militia of use; once we have obtained a regular army, dispose of him as you see fit.

Setting up a regular army ain't that difficult, if a slight investment. Just got to scroll through available dwarves for their physical traits, find those most useful to the military as a whole, and put them into training squads with defined equip weapons. Get a solid cap, leggings, mail, gauntlets, and low boots along with a wooden shield, and their stats'll rise real quick. Armor user and shield user'll be the most prevalent for survival, dodging's more of a consequence. Easier when you have experienced war dwarves, as their sparring goes 80+ pages of the taps.

you frogot greaves and a breastplate. and have it replace their clothing.

also Anima, if we have excess useless metal (iron or copper) i suggest making metal-clothing. would be intresting to have everyone in copper clothes, would think it wont wear out as fast and the fact its a redish metal means that storywise they wont freak out so much with blood covering them. unless their soaked in it like VG every other day before his Rum break.

also anyone say we put VG in a danger room with wooden (training) spears and see if we can get his recuperation up to notch so he wont spend as much time in the Death-Room of Horrors now that Mad Fools back?

considering the metal storage do we even have metal armour? if not then dig deep, make the fort even deeper then ever, and abandoen the old parts of the fort and seal them right up. shame we cant flood it with lava and cool it so we can strip-mine for obsidean and make a monolith for a beacon. ya know just mak our place a little more permament...

anyone thinking an Aztec pyramind style building filled with traps that would make the old Death-bridge of deathgate look like a pansy when we have the Dorf-power for it?

and finally i so aggre with Dwarf4explosives...its what im planning to do when i get back to my computer.

Nah, greaves and a breastplate will making them unwilling, butcherable masses of foil wrapped flesh sacks. Gotta raise their strength and armor user before you can give'm the heavy.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: February 28, 2014, 05:31:26 pm »

+1 to the Voidgod Dangerroom Plan. Really, it's probably the wooden spears that are in danger here.

Also, for a moment there I thought you said "mental storage". Calling Murdermachines a storage place for mental cases would be a rather accurate statement, by all accounts.

Making a pyramid-design entrance would be nice, especially if we could implement some science testing to see if fluids go through a bridge encased in obsidian. If not, we can just put one of those (invaders path through them) as the invaders' entrance (leaving another, close-able entrance nearby for use by migrants and such) and set lava to stream down the sides of the pyramid. Instant massacre. If they do, we can set up a system to draw extra power from the falling lava.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: February 28, 2014, 10:33:01 pm »

+1 to the Voidgod Dangerroom Plan. Really, it's probably the wooden spears that are in danger here.

Also, for a moment there I thought you said "mental storage". Calling Murdermachines a storage place for mental cases would be a rather accurate statement, by all accounts.

Making a pyramid-design entrance would be nice, especially if we could implement some science testing to see if fluids go through a bridge encased in obsidian. If not, we can just put one of those (invaders path through them) as the invaders' entrance (leaving another, close-able entrance nearby for use by migrants and such) and set lava to stream down the sides of the pyramid. Instant massacre. If they do, we can set up a system to draw extra power from the falling lava.

i agree with you on the mental storage thing...pretty damn accurate if you take whats happened to this place, alongwith the deathgate series. and the pyramid design would allow us to make a impressive defensive stucture. Not to mention the lava or water would make things look awsome! (bonus if it poushes invaders down the sides and forces them to use the invader entrence you described...)

also the obsidian would no doubt please the the fristborn in its design. plus pyramids are cool. why do you think the ancients used them?!? its a symbol of ultimate power that we can waste resources in a definsive and somewhat astehetic project that may or may not kill our fort whilke were at it! and if it does the magic of the divine intervention powers could...time-travel...(considering were having miracles happen damn right daily in the fort!)...at least untill deathgate 3 opens up!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: March 01, 2014, 02:22:11 pm »

Mostly, what's useful about them is how solid they are, which, in a game where island-sized structures can be held up by a single piece of floor, doesn't matter too much.

What do you mean with "force through the invader entrance"? They're already trying to path to the invader entrance. All we have to do is make an overly complicated and long path to the fortress that's at least 3x3 to allow wagons through and we have the "proper" entrance. I still have no idea on how to force migrants to take that path instead of the other, which, if migrants arrive during a siege, will be a serious problem.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: March 01, 2014, 09:34:56 pm »

if they dont make it not our problem...as long as the hosts continue to breed then well be fine...long term investment-wise anyway....

still im guessing that single floor tile is the equivelent of tempered slade if it can hold a island size thing in the air. but the tension allows it to be easily cut away with a pickaxe.

other then that looking forward to seeing an update on the forts situation.

thats if we havent already died again.

in which case....

either pick a new spot because we wont be burrowing anytime soon...or just build on the surface wait to die.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: March 02, 2014, 08:08:59 pm »

Unknown Journal from Murdermachines
9th Malachite, Mid-Summer
The Voidgod's return has lead the extermination of the trolls and goblins that inhabte the fortress.  Foul beasts still stalk the caverns, this we all know, but the fortress itself is free of the filth.

The militia, has they are aptly called, have been exploring the uncharted tunnels that were lost in one of our many exodus from this land.  In one of the first tunnels, two trolls were found along with a dwarven skeleton.  In some of the other lost regions, we've uncovered catacombs that our home to our honored dead.

The first battle between the troll and the poorly trained militia goes poorly until the Voidgod intervenes.  A hammer that none of us can even lift is swung so quickly that it becomes a blur.  The clincher, however, is his fist.  He strikes a blow so hard that the troll is knocked unconscious.

There is no mercy from our Lord.  He is not a deity of love or compassion.  Only extermination.  He is a true Dwarven god.

The rest of the militia isn't so grand.  Prosnorkus is slaughtered by a single goblin swordsman in mere seconds.  Two other daemonslaves are cut down as well.

22nd Malachite, Mid-Summer
We rediscovered an old arena deep below the earth.

Like every other part of the underfortress, the place is teaming with goblins and trolls.   Krosan falls in the battle for the arena.

In just a few short days, our militia has been cut in half.

On the positive side, many of our ghosts have been entombed and put to rest.

2nd Galena, Late Summer
Eight fresh migrants arrived.  Half of them are drafted into the military and sent to the training room.  I do not know if we have the steel to equip them with, but we require their arms non the less.
The corpse stockpile has been enlarged and the order has come down to collect all of our fallen.  I fear this is a fools task, as the dead are too numerous to count.

In other news, a potter has been taken by a fey mood and has claimed a craftdwarfs station.  After several days, his work leaves us in awe.

As it turns out, the dwarf was taken by AseaHaru, and our fellow dwarf's newfound talents have been put to work in creating bone bolts.
26th Galena, Late Summer
An ambush occurs on the surface.  The VoidGod arrives in short order.
His fury is unrestrained.  Skulls are crushed with his bare hands, limbs are shattered with his great slade hammer, and goblins are kicked apart.

28th Galena, Late Summer
We had feared the Mad Fool had died.  We received a report stating "The Mad Fool has"
However he seems fine.  Although he's been standing around doing nothing for some time.

In other news, the training room is finished.  Improper armor has lead to many bruises and bloody scrapes.  A quick inspection shows we have are sorely lacking in greaves.  I've ordered our armorers to remedy this situation immediately.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: March 02, 2014, 11:50:26 pm »

yes an update!!

thank god anima is on our side...

the slade warhammer is awsome...im thinking this happened:

VG swings hammer thinking boredly about what deities think when their bored.

troll gets ass kicked and then starts to look sick

Vg-"oh me no..."

*vg has punched the troll and knocked it uncouncious*

VG-walks away after killing the troll in a epic godly fashion

thankfull the arena has been found.

usggest the capture and torment of goblinbs my-lord, it may be undwarvenly to capture prey in cage traps then to slaughter them all, but the added bonous is to grab their equipment, (save for things to large or small for dwarves to use, those can be sold!) but also cannon fodder for our dwarves to practice their craft on....and eventually when theyve reached a 100 sentient kills (or just go into plain doesnt care anymore due to killing so damn much) we can have a millitary of uber dwarves...and then send them against hell clad in either full plate of steel or adamantine.

the VG...hes clad in Slade Armour...or somthing akin to that! (also whats the effectivness of voidspawn bones as armour? i truly wish we could have a slade suit of armour for VG to alwasy wear, that would mean he would be impervious to almost all damage...also i suggest we toughen up VGs body to be able to handle healing quantities faster, now this may seem heresy for us but having vg slightly hurt each time would make his recuperation abilities go allot faster, also seeing with recuperation going up would be able to go through fire-immunity plan, thus making our lords avatar of doom all the more effective...especally against magma based creatures that use fire! not to mention getting kills against beings of fire!...wish we had the red monster sword, that would be awsome to give to him!)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: March 03, 2014, 12:51:23 am »

Too bad we can't clad him in magma. Aren't artifacts weapon-proof?

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: March 03, 2014, 01:30:01 am »

WE SHALL FIND A WAY!!!!  8)

as dwarves this shall become a top priority! be the frist group to naturally use magma as armour!!! (no modding whatsoever...just find a way for anima to be so awsome the magma covers his body and doesnt effect him...and then when goblins attack him they get covere din magma and burn away from the awsomness!!!)

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: March 03, 2014, 01:44:54 am »

Aren't artifacts weapon-proof?

yes, in headshoots (from what i understand) their god-like avatar of destruction was able to weild a handbag and decimate sieges alone...clad in a artifact adamantine breastplate thats so covered in blood and gore its permamently stained the colors...not to mention SHE was increbile insane and powerful.

lets put it this way, the adamantine armour was so good she was essentially the VG of their world.

the legacy of HER spawn plaueged many a sequel of those series....

lets just say that if she and VG fought, i wont know who wins (if that bitch used her real weapon instead of a silk bag! which i think either was a adamantine sword or spear...not sure which!)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: March 03, 2014, 06:33:47 am »

Aren't artifacts weapon-proof?

yes, in headshoots (from what i understand) their god-like avatar of destruction was able to weild a handbag and decimate sieges alone...clad in a artifact adamantine breastplate thats so covered in blood and gore its permamently stained the colors...not to mention SHE was increbile insane and powerful.

lets put it this way, the adamantine armour was so good she was essentially the VG of their world.

the legacy of HER spawn plaueged many a sequel of those series....

lets just say that if she and VG fought, i wont know who wins (if that bitch used her real weapon instead of a silk bag! which i think either was a adamantine sword or spear...not sure which!)

Bear in mind that Headshoots was on the old wound system. Toady completely rewrote the damage and wounding system between then and now, and Dwarf Fortress became way the fuck more lethal as a result.

Also,

I do not know if we have the steel to equip them with, but we require their arms non the less.

I'm sure you can scrounge together a few suits of steel... FROM THE SURFACE! There's literally enough gear up there to equip four armies, if I remember correctly, though plenty isn't sized for dwarf.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: March 03, 2014, 06:45:28 am »

Toady completely rewrote the damage and wounding system between then and now, and Dwarf Fortress became way the fuck more lethal as a result.

Sig'd

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: March 03, 2014, 07:14:04 am »

when hasnt dwarf fortress been completly fucked up beyond all beleif or commenly known as FUBAR, with its own damn department managing all the other 100 departments dedicated to keeping tally of the shit that goes down, and thats division A!!!

still the gathering from the surface should wait untill we get rid of all goblin and troll menaces...and then utilize the entire fort/optimie the fort efficently likethatwilleverhappen. plus untill we get uber dwarves i think we should avoid caverns...untill we can wall ourselves inside the caverns (the map edges, at least 5 tiles back...and multilevel walls untill it reaches the top of the caverns from the bottoms depths, and turn them into a massive oversized farming industry/tree harvesting/animal raising grounds!!)
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 272