Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789251 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2400 on: March 03, 2014, 09:32:05 am »

Please friend. I want in on the !!MADNESS!!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: March 03, 2014, 11:23:17 am »

yes, in headshoots (from what i understand) their god-like avatar of destruction was able to weild a handbag and decimate sieges alone...clad in a artifact adamantine breastplate thats so covered in blood and gore its permamently stained the colors...not to mention SHE was increbile insane and powerful.

Now that I have a bit more time to get wordy.

First off, I'm pretty sure it was a backpack. Could be wrong, but I believe.

Second, it used the old skill+stat progression system. Gaining any kind of skills improved a dwarf's strength, toughness, and agility, so dwarves with extremely high skills also had godlike stats to go with them. HolisticDetective didn't have god-tier weapon skills since she spent most of her time wielding her backpack (another old bug that I believe went away with the new military systems), but the other superchampion at least was a blademaster several dozen times over and had VG-tier physical stats as a result.

Third, the wounding system was much, much more abstract back then. Stories like someone throwing a fluffy wambler and critting a bronze colossus's head off happened because critical hits did silly stuff back then. A single bolt could hit you and obliterate every organ in your body. But if something didn't crit and actually damage you it basically didn't do anything if you had armor. Between the new stat system no longer giving high-skill dwarves Wolverine-level endurance and the new wounding system making hits more dangerous, the chances of any dwarf doing the kind of stuff that the Headshoots champions did much, much lower. (The VG, in either incarnation, would probably be turned into cat chow in a straight fight with HolisticDetective.)

Fourth, damage systems were rewritten as well. Toady coded a system that takes into account concepts like the weapon's hardness, how well it makes a blade, and its density; this is why a silver shortsword is worthless and a silver warhammer will cave in a dragon's skull, because silver makes a horrible edge but is really ninjaflippin' heavy, and candy makes a terrific blade (because it's super sharp) but a horrible mace (because it's about as heavy as styrofoam). In theory, improvised weapons like HD's backpack would be fairly weak under the new system.

Times change, I suppose. One could mourn the loss of Headshoots-style demigod champions or Boatmurdered-style elephant hordes and world-destroying magma cannons.

(On the other hand, times do change for the better, too, because you couldn't build minecart railguns in Headshoots, either.)

So, my suggestion for a mega project: Would a "train moat" work? Set up a track enabling us to send minecarts onto a circular track that goes around the Murdermachines walls and rig booster track to it in places, using either a BATTEREY device or a windmill farm to power it. Add minecarts to it so that they can circle it eternally, perhaps loaded with stones or giant buzzsaw blades. Hmm.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: March 03, 2014, 12:59:30 pm »

For the record, VGs physical stats are over 7500. 
Once his armor is finished, he'll be nigh unbreakable.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: March 03, 2014, 01:11:53 pm »

Sub-9000? What are we going to do when the Saiyans arrive?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: March 03, 2014, 01:18:49 pm »

Wait...why in the Hellbunker did you make him sub-perfect (9000 is the max, I believe)? Did you at least melt his fat off of his body?

Oh, and yes, kefka, it can work. I suggested a small version for a fort's entrance, but it was shot down for being overpowered ???.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: March 03, 2014, 01:40:53 pm »

Wait...why in the Hellbunker did you make him sub-perfect (9000 is the max, I believe)? Did you at least melt his fat off of his body?

Oh, and yes, kefka, it can work. I suggested a small version for a fort's entrance, but it was shot down for being overpowered ???.

for one i think for lolz, also how do you do that? modding the files?

and two, i suggest we make several for murdermachines entrences...and then watch as the elves get MURDERED in the front gates.

also i suggest we send VG into a recuperation period while he trains up our millitary...*and only comes out in the event of a seige or voidspawn!*

also load em up with steel saw blades, can coins do damage in this if their launched from the minecarts?

because im imagining minecarts going around rapidly using windmill-power and a mini battery to power them, and the minecarts loaded with steel coins, when they ram into somthing the coins will either weigh the cart down enough to cause it to squish somthing, or be sent pelting their faces over 1000+ times, out of those thousand some might do yellow injuries, out of those few some might do orange or even grey...and out of the very few some red injuries to boot!

finally i still go with the suggestion to breed dragon megabeasts to help invade hell!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: March 03, 2014, 03:27:39 pm »

He's already capable of pulverizing goblin flesh brains into Chunky Goblin Salsa.  If I made him any stronger, he'd make the ocean's red with blood.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: March 03, 2014, 03:47:33 pm »

He's already capable of pulverizing goblin flesh brains into Chunky Goblin Salsa.  If I made him any stronger, he'd make the ocean's red with blood.

so?

more dwarvness for us! dwarvenbonus if he doesnt care anymore and becomes a blood-knight! extra bonus if he can one-shot a steel collassos with his bare fists while hes in adamantine armour (full-plate, as well as light armour underneath!).

whats his skills/stuff like though? his stats? (strength, endurance, agility, recuperation, ect. ect.)

also will he be leading the Murder-sqaud of super dwarves dedicated to fighting the circus? (and the spawn)

also an idea...anyone think the hollisticspawn would be a good idea to incorperate into our story ind eathgate 3? we can have them rivals with the voidspawn and see them tear each other limb from limb...also the fact in spearbreakers the spawns bite was infectous...so we could end up with experimental subjects to drop into hell for the sheer !FUN! of it.

also adamantine threads...good idea for medical ward or no?
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: March 03, 2014, 03:48:28 pm »

If I made him any stronger, he'd make the ocean's red with blood.
I fail to see how this is a bad thing. On completely unrelated note, is it possible to fill a moat with blood?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: March 03, 2014, 04:12:25 pm »

You need a lot of it to keep all of it from caking onto the sides of the moat, and you need to add water before adding the extra blood (i.e. the stuff that you want floating around). I may be wrong, this is just based off my own experience with fluid physics and contaminants, plus what I've heard around the forums.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: March 03, 2014, 04:20:06 pm »

I was pretty sure he was invulnerable the last time around and look how that ended :D
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: March 03, 2014, 04:50:20 pm »

I was pretty sure he was invulnerable the last time around and look how that ended :D
There's always a chance a voidspawn or something will get a lucky hit on the VG, possibly ending him and the fortress. So I would prepare in the event that the VG dies due to extreme bad luck.

When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: March 03, 2014, 05:56:32 pm »

Technically speaking, he isn't actually dead.  Gone, yes.  But his corpse doesn't exist.

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: March 03, 2014, 06:10:29 pm »

Just gotta give the god a proper skin graft of blue gold. Three shirts of adamantine mail, buckle some plate over that. Some nice hoods looted from the corpses of our flesh carpets, a candy helm, greaves, high boots, and gauntlets. A heavy shield would work best for head caving, but beating a voidspawn to pulp with featherwood would be a plus.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: March 04, 2014, 09:36:47 am »

Oh, yea. I think my post got buried, what do I do to be an Overseer? Or are there even any spots for that?
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 272