Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 788988 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2910 on: April 07, 2014, 02:55:26 pm »

Someone asked what was going on here. I answered. I don't know how to explain how my mind came to that conclusion more clearly than that, even to myself.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: April 07, 2014, 03:02:03 pm »

Very well. Imagine, if you will, a fate wherein MurderMachines never dies. Is that fate not possible? Only by sabotage will MurderMachines fall, methinks. So if you sabotage the fort, is it truly will of fate or will of Terry? And if it is will of Terry and Terry ceases to exist, could Terry's will continue to sabotage? Truly entropy is the only thing that might cause the end of MurderMachines and by wit of those prepared and careful order, entropy can be subverted. All of you should be motivated to do so, as with entropy ChaosMaker can no longer make chaos. And if entropy occurs, interest will wane. If interest wanes, only that can truly end this place.

( Everyone: Anticipate Terryvention in the fortress. )
Murdermachines can also fall from incompetence. I almost killed it with unforbidden egg roasts when I was checking out the save.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: April 07, 2014, 03:10:32 pm »

Very well. Imagine, if you will, a fate wherein MurderMachines never dies. Is that fate not possible? Only by sabotage will MurderMachines fall, methinks. So if you sabotage the fort, is it truly will of fate or will of Terry? And if it is will of Terry and Terry ceases to exist, could Terry's will continue to sabotage? Truly entropy is the only thing that might cause the end of MurderMachines and by wit of those prepared and careful order, entropy can be subverted. All of you should be motivated to do so, as with entropy ChaosMaker can no longer make chaos. And if entropy occurs, interest will wane. If interest wanes, only that can truly end this place.

( Everyone: Anticipate Terryvention in the fortress. )
Murdermachines can also fall from incompetence. I almost killed it with unforbidden egg roasts when I was checking out the save.

Oh yeah... I forgot to put safe guards in place for incompetence. Well, there's that.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: April 07, 2014, 03:13:01 pm »

There are changes in military.
First, we have The Bolt Magics - archery squad led by Yuli Vlasi.

Second, Saber now leads The Bronze Dearth swordsdwarves squad. There are just two dwarves in it, Saber, and Terry... Terry started with dropping all her belongings down except a barrel of beer.

One spot at Void-Wrath was left reserved for NCommander till she grows her baby up. And Derm was put on the spare spot.

Scaprier shows some unnatural ways she can do with various objects. Ulborb watches and writes down.

And suddenly we've got a lot of ducklings.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: April 07, 2014, 04:20:50 pm »

This whole 'marriage' thing eludes me. Does this mean I get to consume Talonis' corpse when it dies to extend the limits of my power further than previously possible?

...Can I get a divorce? And a restraining order, fat lot of good that it would do...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: April 07, 2014, 05:11:46 pm »

Dinner time!
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: April 07, 2014, 05:47:31 pm »

In the third screenshot, is that child stuck in the wall?

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: April 07, 2014, 07:32:31 pm »

So I'm in command of Terry, who apparently is a nudist.
Murdermachines. It explains itself.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: April 07, 2014, 10:19:53 pm »

i love this fort...

and of course terry would be a nudist, why would a elderitchy being of madness and despair wear clothes?

in fact why do i wear clothes not made from the flesh and hide of mortals?

leather clothes for everyone when i arrive...

and finally...

DARKWING THE NETHERFOWL HAS RETURNED SEVERLFOLD!!!!

i propose i war-train the beasties...then we can dump them into the circus!!! or preferable into a arena with plenty of pits and let the voidspawn and goblins try to kill the ducks...and then fail and fall to their dooms.

also child stuck in a wall...

wasnt me...maybe...

:D

Note:....captain, when we invade the circus, things will go to the carnival in a handbasket! because in deathgate when we conquered the circus weird crap sarted happening even worse then normal. so essentially this forts been doomed the moment it started....and were laughing like dark thirsting gods of evil!!!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: April 07, 2014, 11:53:35 pm »

Oh! No, that's an engraving covered in blood. The engraving depicts Derm 2nd leaving from the position of militia commander.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: April 08, 2014, 12:53:48 am »

There are changes in military.
First, we have The Bolt Magics - archery squad led by Yuli Vlasi.

Second, Saber now leads The Bronze Dearth swordsdwarves squad. There are just two dwarves in it, Saber, and Terry... Terry started with dropping all her belongings down except a barrel of beer.

One spot at Void-Wrath was left reserved for NCommander till she grows her baby up. And Derm was put on the spare spot.

Scaprier shows some unnatural ways she can do with various objects. Ulborb watches and writes down.

It is a sign! Darkwing's acolytes have come through the void, planted their seeds within the mortal flock that dwelled within the mountain halls. Fear and weep, spawn of the under forge, the netherfowl returns.

*A rough image seems to be mashed upon the kitchen wall, seemingly of coal dust, blue ichor, and blood.*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 01:11:55 am by Shaggard »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: April 08, 2014, 04:58:56 am »

We should war-train them, then seal them in a pair of rooms (isolated from the rest of the fort). We can then open the entrance to the first room to get them to combat Voidspawn, whilst the second remains locked to prevent newly-formed Thralls from killing all of the ducks (I'd leave two breeding pairs inside there). Bonus points if we can set up a dodging trap using them.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: April 08, 2014, 05:02:29 am »

Put the poultry in a Shaft of Enlightenment.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: April 08, 2014, 05:08:52 am »

Put the poultry in a Shaft of Enlightenment.
where?  ???

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: April 08, 2014, 05:13:58 am »

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 272