Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777656 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2970 on: April 10, 2014, 10:29:31 am »

Am I the only one reading Terry's text as if it were coming from one of those old monotonous, droning GPS devices?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: April 10, 2014, 10:33:09 am »

Well, my GPS frequently sounds like GLaDOS. or Yoda, so no. ( It would make driving a challenge, if I were capable of driving in the first place. I set it to default or German when actually needing to get somewhere. ) Nonetheless...

>RECALCULATING... Turn Left at the river of lava.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: April 10, 2014, 10:33:53 am »

All you guys and your fancy coding languages...
I can make a console for my computer using nothing but Basic. Hooray for Visual Basic!

I do remember trying to nest an array inside another class subtype... That didn't work, which flummoxed my Software Development teacher. By rights, it should have.
Visual Basic? thats' that language where you can have three different keywords for empty variable - Null, Nothing and Empty? and where you should use paretnthesis when calling a function, but should not - when calling a procedure? and a few other funny tricks. Right, VB is great!  :D most chaotic language that I know.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: April 10, 2014, 10:34:29 am »

Am I the only one reading Terry's text as if it were coming from one of those old monotonous, droning GPS devices?

Personally, I mentally read the ">ANALYSIS INDICATES FUCK YOU" type text in HAL9000's voice. The other text I read in the voice of Double, from Skullgirls.

I can make a console for my computer using nothing but Basic. Hooray for Visual Basic!

I do remember trying to nest an array inside another class subtype... That didn't work, which flummoxed my Software Development teacher. By rights, it should have.
Visual Basic? thats' that language where you can have three different keywords for empty variable - Null, Nothing and Empty? and where you should use paretnthesis when calling a function, but should not - when calling a procedure? and a few other funny tricks. Right, VB is great!  :D most chaotic language that I know.

Indeed. It's glorious.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: April 10, 2014, 10:35:29 am »

That's not the modify button!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: April 10, 2014, 10:35:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: April 10, 2014, 10:39:41 am »

Pffffffft.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: April 10, 2014, 10:41:24 am »

Pffffffft.

Resisting urge to break my signature addition limit...

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: April 10, 2014, 10:43:41 am »

Pffffffft.

Resisting urge to break my signature addition limit...

Don't resist, that urge is how you know you spend at least barely enough time on these forums.
« Reply #2979 on: April 10, 2014, 11:20:52 am »

All of these languages seem so... disorganised.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: April 10, 2014, 11:24:05 am »

As compared to what? The source code of the universe? One sentence of grammatical syntax in eldritch? Backwards Cantonese squared?
« Reply #2981 on: April 10, 2014, 11:28:12 am »

As compared to what? The source code of the universe? One sentence of grammatical syntax in eldritch? Backwards Cantonese squared?

There's no [CONTAINMENT].

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: April 10, 2014, 11:30:16 am »

L'Unowheba... That's just being pedantic and you know it.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: April 10, 2014, 11:30:32 am »

Containment is implied or done via divers means. Typically {}. Also, this is why escapement is so vital in many cases. Try adding return; to your functions. Of course there may be additional arguments needed to return depending on the sort of function invoked in the first place.
« Reply #2984 on: April 10, 2014, 11:35:17 am »

Containment is implied or done via divers means. Typically {}. Also, this is why escapement is so vital in many cases. Try adding return; to your functions. Of course there may be additional arguments needed to return depending on the sort of function invoked in the first place.

Even so, particularly in this:

EDIT: Here's the class structure code:
Code: [Select]
    Structure _Timetable
        Dim Day As String
        Dim EightAM As _Class
        Dim TenAM As _Class
        Dim TwelveNoon As _Class
        Dim FourPM As _Class
        Dim SixPM As _Class
        Dim EightPM As _Class
    End Structure

Structure _Class
        Dim Name As String
        Dim ID As String
        Dim MaxStudents As Integer
        Dim StudentNumber As Integer
    End Structure

And the perpetrating arrays:
Code: [Select]
    Public aryClassArray(0 To 8) As _Class
    Public aryTimetableArray(0 To 6) As _Timetable

The lack of containment would lead to quanta interacting between the code lines, causing decoherence in the program.
Of course, your computers run off of classical [3,1] dimensional physics, so things will be different.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 272