Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 786490 times)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 03:22:27 am »

Hey, why am I missing from the succession list?
I've made a post somewhere here, please check it.
same... :-\

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 09:57:48 am »

Succession list corrected.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

MrGrau

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 10:07:40 am »

Good God. I can already see the horror that is going to grow from MurderMachines.
Hell, I'd love to put a dwarf of mine in that horror.

So I'll request myself a dwarf;
Name: Grau
Job Name: The Grey Vormund
Profession: Swordsdwarf
This signature was EDITed for tpyos.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 10:29:59 am »

Alright ladies and gentleman, site selection has begun.

Currently selection criteria is as follows.

• Flux Stone
  • High Metal Variety
  • High Savagery
  • "Voidspawn" Civilization access
  • Evil Biome
  • Magma Access

Interest was expressed in an aquifer in the Deathgate thread.  However these criteria are up for debate, so most your suggestions for a site.

If a valid site cannot be found,  the world will be regened with advanced parameters.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:31:35 am by AnimaRytak »
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 10:36:44 am »

Voidspawn? Is that the surprise or a dwarven civilisation?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:40:05 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 10:42:19 am »

Voidspawn? Is that the surprise or a dwarven civilisation?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You decide :D

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 10:54:57 am »

Please put me on the list. I can't wait to do some sort of write up for this thing. The Brewery was fun and all, but settling hell is a little more hardcore!

Also a dorf, bitte. Thorkild Járnöx, Axedwarf, woodcutter, and carpenter

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 11:25:55 am »

I am scared. Oh shit. I don't even...
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 11:32:23 am »

I am scared. Oh shit. I don't even...

Don't forget this part.

Also, the dwarven name of our fortress?

Usanstakud Nazushmestthos

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 11:34:02 am »

Sounds like alot of fun.
BRING IT!

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 11:34:33 am »

Invasion of insane body-possessors? Without me? Never! I would like to have a turn in this one, along with a dwarf:
SanDiego, jobs: Building designer, Mechanic, Siege engineer; Proffesion title: El Mechanico
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 12:01:32 pm »

Deathgate II?
I absolutely have to request dorfing!

Name: Aoshi
Job Name: Rocker
Profession: Miner
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 12:41:25 pm »

Alright ladies and gentleman, site selection has begun.

Currently selection criteria is as follows.

• Flux Stone
  • High Metal Variety
  • High Savagery
  • "Voidspawn" Civilization access
  • Evil Biome
  • Magma Access

Interest was expressed in an aquifer in the Deathgate thread.  However these criteria are up for debate, so most your suggestions for a site.

If a valid site cannot be found,  the world will be regened with advanced parameters.

Sorry if it sonds elfy, but wont evil biome feature make it hardly playable? It's great as self-challenge, but succession game in this surroundings can quickly turn unsalvagible and unreclaimable. Instead I suggest choosing a site with a necromancer tower nearby, or at least make sure there are some part of non-evil biome, so there is zombie-free place.
Though, I will do my best during my turn. Also, I think having ocean coast on the site would be great.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 01:11:45 pm »

Journal of Ber Gisekmuthkat, Expedition Leader.  Autumn, 250
King Atir Ingizmuzish has commissioned myself and six other dwarves to establish a logging outpost in the Murk of Furs, a small island that is attached to the mainland by a tiny isthmus.  Truth be told, I don't know why the king insists on establishing outposts this close to the frontier, especially with the troubles of late.  We have safer and equally plentiful forests farther from the border.  However it is not my place to question the king's will.  We have been preparing for the journey for a month at a nearby fortress and we plan to depart in the morning.  The equatorial autumn is quite mild here, and we shouldn't encounter any adverse weather.  And hopefully we will avoid the worst of the mosquitoes as well.

I only hope there aren't any setbacks.

There is a map folded inside the journal.

There are seven of us in this expedition.  Myself, Ber Gisekmuthkat, the leader of this expedition, it's chief administrator, as well as it's doctor.  Vutok Ostarsodel, our axedwarf and manager, a dwarf with whom I cannot see eye to eye.  Our mining crew consists of Bomrek Ibelsodel, a friend of mine, and his comrade Likot Stigazlibash.  Farming duty is split between Aban Athelgerig and Feb Mozirlogem.  Our lone craftsman is named Stukos Gingbomrek and he is charge of carpentry, stone crafting, and mechanics.

We carry with us numerous animals for food, as well good stocks of lumber so we may establish a foot hold before the lumberjacks arrive next autumn.  Stukos insisted on bringing an anvil with us, despite the fact that none of us our trained blacksmiths.  He dismisses my skepticism and claims he is a quicker learner.

Journal of Ber Gisekmuthkat, Expedition Leader.  Autumn 250
Our initial plan was to cross the narrow channel between the northern section of the island and the mainland.  However it seems the king’s royal cartographers were wrong about the channel.  The waterway is far rougher than we had anticipated and is far too rocky for us to cross with barges.  Because of this, we must now travel south along the coast until we reach the isthmus to the island.  I expect us to reach the site before winter's end.  Thankfully, snow shouldn't be an issue this far south.

Journal of Ber Gisekmuthkat, Expedition Leader.  Late Autumn 250
For the past week, I've been feeling somewhat ill.  It started with fatigue and a poor appetite, but within days it had worsened considerably.  I have trouble walking due to weakness in my legs and I often feel lightheaded.  While the others haven't said anything, I know they are worried; I am the only doctor in the expedition as well as the chief administrator.  If I die, the outpost will likely fail.

I do not want to worry them, but I fear something other than a physical malady is wrong with me.  When I sleep at night, I hear whispers.  They've been growing louder each night and I've grown more and more restless.

When it's quiet, I can almost hear them when I'm awake.  This is very worrisome, but I cannot tell the others.

Journal of Ber Gisekmuthkat, Expedition Leader.  Late Autumn 250
We've crossed the isthmus today.

The others are scared, especially Bomrek.  I cannot walk any longer and have trouble staying conscious for more than a few hours.  I'm constantly tired and still feel little desire to eat.

I fear this journey will be my death.

Journal of Vutok Ostarsodel, Administrator, Early Winter
Ber would not wake this morning.  Although she is breathing, all attempts at waking her have failed.  I fear whatever she has contracted will soon be the death of her.  With her incapacitated, I am responsible for the expedition and it's health.  So I've ordered her wrapped in cloth and carried on the back of the wagon.  Despite the fear that her sickness is contagious, she is simply too useful to discard.  While I loathe that woman's guts, the expedition comes first.  Bomrek would not allow us to do so anyways; he is the only one who actually calls that woman "friend".

Feb is worried as, by his admission, he is quick to take ill.  I tell him not to worry, but he's maintained a good distance between himself and the wagon all day.  While I agree, Ber is too useful to simply discard.  Stukos volunteered to feed her; he claims he hasn't been sick in ten years.  I pray to Kirar that he speaks the truth.

Journal of Vutok Ostarsodel, Administrator, Mid Winter
Our journey across this large island continues.  Ber has not woken from her coma in a month.  Our initial worries that her illness was contagious seem unfounded, as even Feb remains healthy.  Whatever Ber is ill from, it appears it won't affect us.

Still, I'm not lifting her quarantine.  Only Stukos is to come into contact with her.  This has worked well so far and I see no reason for it to change.  Bomrek is angry with me, but I care not. 

Journal of Stukos Gingbomrek, Craftsdwarf, Mid Winter
I have not told Vutok or the others, but in her sleep, Ber speaks in a tongue that I have never heard.  Even though I don't understand them, I cannot help but fear the word's meaning.  Occasionally however, her whispered chants are in Dwarven. 

I wrote down her last chant.

Those who are trapped beyond the veil,
Writhing in darkness as they endlessly wail,
Their eyes are black, their skin is pale,
And when they come, our walls shall fail.

Screaming from the void, I hear their names,
They want our bodies, they have made their claims,
Soon they shall come, our souls they shall maim,
Our only salvation is to die in the flames.

Something awful has possessed Ber.  I cannot tell Vutok.

Journal of Vutok Ostarsodel, Administrator, Late Winter
Still Ber has not woken up.  Stukos says nothing is wrong aside from the coma, but I see him and Bomrek whispering amongst themselves when they think me preoccupied.  I know better, something is up.  Tonight I shall go and see Ber myself to out find what secrets they've conspire to keep from me.

Journal of Bomrek Ibelsodel, Miner, Late Winter
I believe this expedition is cursed.

Ber finally awoke from her coma today.  But I fear whatever demons she has been wrestling have claimed her soul.  She is not the same dwarf I once knew.

It began when Vutok broke his own quarantine and checked on Ber himself.  He heard the strange whispers that Stukos told me about and came to the conclusion that she was possessed by something foul.  Vutok was furious at us for keeping this secret and he commanded us to throw Ber from the wagon and leave it for the wildlife to eat.  Obviously we told him he to find a fine lute and play it softly.

He didn’t like that.

Next thing we know, Vutok is threatening us with his axe.  He demands we follow his orders or he’ll lop off our heads.  Likot is quick to come to our side and soon he and I are gripping our picks and ready to come to blows with Vutok.

The next thing we know, Ber is standing atop the wagon.  Her eyes are narrowed and an expression of utter rage is upon her face.  Vutok pales as he sees her; I feel my blood run cold.  I’ve never known Ber to make a face like that.

She stared daggers into the three of us, “What do you think you three are doing?"  Her voice wasn't the same.  It sounded cold, distant, and cruel.  "Put down your weapons."

“Ber, y’er awake!”  Stukos had a wide smile on his face, but his expression faded once he saw Ber’s face.  “Lass… what happened to ye?”

“Have we reached the site yet?”  She paid no mind to Stukos.

“T-two days,” Vutok stuttered fearfully, “We’ll reach the site in two days.”
“Good.”  And that was it.  Ber sat in the back of the wagon and proceeded to eat a rather large share of the rations.  No one said anything.

But I knew.  I knew that whatever demons Ber had been wrestling with had won.  She was not the same dwarf I had known.

Kirar, give me strength.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:05:56 pm by AnimaRytak »

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 04:58:18 pm »

I leave for like four hours, and you've modded in some kind of demonic borg civilization?

This just became a lot more interesting...
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 272