Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789407 times)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3480 on: August 18, 2014, 08:13:42 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9216
This should be the latest save.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: August 22, 2014, 11:34:12 pm »

BROTHERS, I RETURN

WHAT DID I MISS

(Been gone for a few months, anything cool?)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: August 23, 2014, 12:11:32 am »

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
'Few years of the fooort

A spear was used
Ordered by FlameGuy

And now Terry's distrauuuught

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: August 23, 2014, 12:56:20 am »

BROTHERS, I RETURN

WHAT DID I MISS

(Been gone for a few months, anything cool?)
Welcome back.

Highlights include Terry having an unfortunate accident by the hands of TheFlame52, and... Yeah.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: August 24, 2014, 05:30:32 pm »

These dwarves simply don't deserve peace, someone must release the clowns. Darkwing requires one last crusade.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: August 25, 2014, 04:41:00 pm »

These dwarves simply don't deserve peace, someone must release the clowns. Darkwing requires one last crusade.
That's why I was breeding ducks!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: August 28, 2014, 06:22:10 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9216
This should be the latest save.
Got the save.
Let the !!FUN!! commence.
Illness, college, disappointment. Forced to pass. Have fun next runner-up.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: August 28, 2014, 10:38:00 pm »

By Armok, people are dropping left and right! Am I going to have to return to the fort??

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: August 29, 2014, 07:22:56 am »

I could probably take the fort this weekend. Would be my first turn with a succession fort though, so while I'll try not to let the fort freefall, I won't guarantee anything more.

EDIT:
Whut.

EDIT2: GYAAAAH HOW IN ARMOK'S INFINITE BEARD DO THE SURFACE ENTRANCES EVEN WORK?!?? *uncontrollable sobbing*
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:04:57 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: August 31, 2014, 04:10:12 pm »

From the journal of 'Wolfkit' Towergulfs, Miner of Skulls
--

So last night, I was minding me own business when all of a sudden Flame IV slaps me own the shoulder and congratulates me on killing that troll earlier, and "Oh by the way Wolfkit? you're overseer now okay bye."
"Wait, WHAT?!"
But Flame just booked it. Why that little...
Upon asking around to figure out his potential motives, I heard rumors that he had had somedwarf named, Terry I think it was (odd name, that), killed. I also heard rumors that Flame was afraid of this Terry, rumors that Flame wasn't afraid of Terry, rumors that everydwarf else was afraid of Terry, rumors that we should be afraid of retrbution from Terry (how would that even work, he's dead, isn't he?), rumors that we should celebrate Terry's death. Now I haven't been here long, but if having dwarves murdered is a cause worth celebrating I'm not sure I want to be here much longer.

Anyway, if I am to be overseer, I'll need fittings deserving of a dwarf of such status. As me first acts as overseer I take the liberty of ordering an adamantine pick to be forged for me by Fungin, our legendary weaponsmith, and a set of rooms for eself. With solid gold furniture. We only have over a thousand bars, it's not like anydwarf will miss a few.

Oh no!
"The forgotten beast Ono has come. A gigantic skinless fox. It has two stubby horns an it has a bloated body. Beware its deadly spittle!"
Eww. Well, at least it doesn't seem to be able to reach us. I think. I hope. I've heard horror stories about some forgotten beast known as Egguana, and some egg roasts. I'm not letting that spittle anywhere near the military, and definately not until my new pick is ready.

Elven traders have arrived! I begin to look into letting them to the trade depot. Not that I want to trade with them or anything, Armok forbid! but for some odd reason we can't seize their goods until after they reach the depot.
Upon further investigation I have come to the conclusion that the entrances are a bloody mess of tangled passages, and I can't make heads nor tails of it. I can't even tell if there is route upon or not! Well, either the elves find their way inside or they don't, I don't really give a rock either way. I'll wait until something important happens such as migrants to put more effort in.

"A vile force of darkness has arrived!"
"Oh hell, my new pick isn't ready yet, I'm not ready to fight the v-" Somedwarf punches me in the face. not sure who.
"When did you turn into an ELF! You've already fought in a voidspawn seige, dimrock! And these aren't void, they're just goblins!"
"Oh. Right. Well then, (battleface) ATTACK!"
Nodwarf complains about not being able to reach the goblins, so I guess there's a route to the surface open. Also, guess we're probably not going to have a chance to seize the merchant's goods.

So far, 2 squads of goblin crossbowgoblins and a squad of goblin swordsgoblins, as wee as 2 goblin axe lords, an elite crossbowgoblin, and 7 trolls have shown up.
A kitten has suffocated in the middle of the hallway, with no recent combat from it on file. Odd.

Ooh, dramatic.

We have almost reached the surface! Also, who in Armok's infinite, bloody beard though building bridge that look like they're raised when they're down was a good idea?

That has got to be the dumbest kobold I have ever seen. Actually kind of sad, what's going to happen to it.

Yep. Also, the elves are going to be safe after all. Of course, that just means I'll get to rob them blind.

Another thief? Bloody hell.

Good shot, Zasit!

Um, wow.

Seriosuly, remind me not to pick a fight with Zasit.

How the hell wasn't the first attack fatal?

Imush is taking heavy fire!

...I am never taking my ≡steel helm≡ off again...

The Mad Fool leaps into a pile of swordsgoblins and goes crazy.

Reaching the battle at last, I bravely and gallantly finish off a goblin our crossbowdwarves had disabled. At least, as bravely and gallantly as possible when me target is puking his guts out.

Zasit starts beating the snot out of goblins with the but of her crossbow.

...I forgot to set the civilian alert, didn't I.
Well, we obliterated the goblins with only about 2 wounded (+ or - Imush, who may die), I turn me attention to more pressing matters, such as seizing every last good those elves brought. Not that they really have anything we need or want (I guess the buckets could be useful), but it's the concept of the thing that matters.

Yeah, you saw what we did to those goblins.

On a happier note, Lilbear has given birth to a baby boy!

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo........ why did you try to take on those crossbowgoblins by yourself, Imush? Why....

Summer has come, and with it...
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Sig

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: September 01, 2014, 10:50:16 am »

For your first time, that was excellent, Wolf.

EDIT: LET ME REPHRASE THAT, FIRST TIME RUNNING A FORT.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: September 01, 2014, 11:11:01 am »

What the fanged land torpedo is going on here? I come back from my vacation and...it's just more of the same? Really, step it up a notch people. Let's breach hell for demondamn sake.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: September 01, 2014, 11:34:20 am »

For your first time, that was excellent, Wolf.

EDIT: LET ME REPHRASE THAT, FIRST TIME RUNNING A FORT.
Thanks. Really though, I was lucky. Lucky that it was only a goblin siege, lucky that the civilians didn't choose to sock stampede into to the goblins, and definitely lucky that the FB—well, I'll leave that for the next update...
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 272