Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 788315 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3795 on: February 22, 2015, 12:42:45 pm »

274/02/09:

o.o I didn't know that could happen.
How has this happened twice?

Also, yay, new fort time!
Yep! :) By the time thw voting is done, I should be done with my turn, so we'll be able to start even if I win. That is an important question though, does any one want a turn after me on MurderMachines?

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: February 22, 2015, 05:03:33 pm »

May I? I have lurked for the first, and 2nd Deathgate. I would love to have a year, if no one else minds.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: February 22, 2015, 07:58:07 pm »

May I? I have lurked for the first, and 2nd Deathgate. I would love to have a year, if no one else minds.
I don't mind. I've got a few super projects I'm working on and if noone wanted it, I was just gonna keep rolling, but that's alright, I'm sure I'll get my chance again. Given how productive this year has gone, I might have a pretty substantial headway into the completion of this thing, but at very least I'm gonna have most of the duct work done and a working BATTERY powered millstone. I have a question though, should I keep my project secret or just announce it since we're gonna be opening Deathgate III soon?

Second question, does anyone understand DFTerm ( 2 and/or 3 )? I want to sorta open up a succession fort to public access. Maybe 2 or 3. t'll be a fixed vers, and probably DF2012, since I'm wanting to migrate MurderMachines and my own successioin fort AuthoredMountains to publically accessable. I'll also probably run one on DF2015 once it's out and debugged, but beyond that, I don't know how much I can do.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3798 on: February 26, 2015, 09:11:27 am »

Alright folks, time to begin world gen.

I'm going to include a custom, hostile race in this version.  Be warned, they are extremely potent.

I'm also going to be placing us down in a hostile land.  There's so many possibilities in this new version and it's Deathgate's job to break them all.
Lol, he means the Voidspawn? I don't know what happened between then and now and this is the first I've gotten around to actually reading the whole thread... but the Voidspawn are pretty pathetic compared to our current military. That said, do we want more hostile races for Slaughterhelm/Deathgate III?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: February 26, 2015, 09:29:12 am »

So does Deathgate II have any major goal besides "survive the voidspawn?" I mean we already colonized hell.

Ooh! Get voidspawn INTO Hell!

The only thing that saddens me is that the next DF version is too far off for us to have waited for it; the fact that Deathgate I effectively died a slow death by starvation deeply saddens me. We need the world to be filled with rampant boning in order to produce the expendable slave labor meat puppets we need.

If the voidspawn work as intended, just surviving them is going to be insanely hard.
But aside from "not die" and "build huge awesome mega projects", Murdermachines doesn't really have a main goal.

If, for some reason, Murdermachines dies quicker than Deathgate (which lasted 19 months by the way), then we'll settle Deathgate III into an evil, savage biome with voidspawn access and evil rain.
Gentlemen, I believe we have our orders. :P ( I mean, technically we don't have to because at this point, I'm pretty sure that MurderMachines just passed 2 years old. )

Opinions all, should Slaughterhelm be in aggressive, hellish world full of improbable spikes of death and doom, or just an average world that we corrupt by our presence? ( Also, I have some ideas for if I start the fort, in terms of story... )

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: February 26, 2015, 10:15:00 am »

So does Deathgate II have any major goal besides "survive the voidspawn?" I mean we already colonized hell.

The only thing that saddens me is that the next DF version is too far off for us to have waited for it; the fact that Deathgate I effectively died a slow death by starvation deeply saddens me. We need the world to be filled with rampant boning in order to produce the expendable slave labor meat puppets we need.

If the voidspawn work as intended, just surviving them is going to be insanely hard.
But aside from "not die" and "build huge awesome mega projects", Murdermachines doesn't really have a main goal.

If, for some reason, Murdermachines dies quicker than Deathgate (which lasted 19 months by the way), then we'll settle Deathgate III into an evil, savage biome with voidspawn access and evil rain.
Gentlemen, I believe we have our orders. :P ( I mean, technically we don't have to because at this point, I'm pretty sure that MurderMachines just passed 2 years old. )

Opinions all, should Slaughterhelm be in aggressive, hellish world full of improbable spikes of death and doom, or just an average world that we corrupt by our presence? ( Also, I have some ideas for if I start the fort, in terms of story... )
Whatever.
But settling in the evil area is mandatory. I want glumprongs grow all aroung the Citadel!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: February 26, 2015, 10:27:45 am »

And we have our custom race of demons as our extra-spicy version of the Voidspawn, remember? Also, I still kind of want to see whether the addition of the tag [NOT_LIVING] fixes the Voidspawn revolution bug.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - I changed the subject, but I didn't shoot no deputy.
« Reply #3802 on: February 26, 2015, 11:25:10 am »

Whatever.
But settling in the evil area is mandatory. I want glumprongs grow all aroung the Citadel!
Sure, but I A'int about to deal with no goopy death rains! By which I mean that the entire sky will be obscured by our construction!!! Also "Citadel" doesn't seem like enough... May I suggest "Cancer of the Earth" for its title?

Also, we have a lovely opportunity here now that we can retire the fort instead of abandoning it. We can craft superdwarvenly bodies for ourselves and settle them in instead of stealing bodies. We can also go in as adventurers and ravage the fortress!

And we have our custom race of demons as our extra-spicy version of the Voidspawn, remember? Also, I still kind of want to see whether the addition of the tag [NOT_LIVING] fixes the Voidspawn revolution bug.
No I don't remember... and that's really what we should be doing now, testing creatures, maybe even materials. I'll get onto that later today. ( I misplaced the flash drive with the MurderMachines save and haven't had the chance to clean house yet, because of college and mild illness of self and girlfriend from the cold spell. I've seen it as recently as Tuesday so nobody panic yet. In the mean-time... testing. ) I for one would like to mod in some domovoi ( think kobold/cat/ghost hybrids that settle in forts, eat your food, steal/move things and are voidthrall compatible ) and wood-demons/Skull Kids from LoZ. Among other things.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: February 26, 2015, 11:39:20 am »

I'm not sure how terrifying you want your foes to be, but while I was modding a race to be fun to play with as a an adventurer I decided to make them have a civilization and such, but initially they were female only. Later I figured out how to make fully differentiated sexes and didn't realize that a bunch of steel angels and their much less common hyperfast non-winged steel mini-armoks would, well, run armok during world-gen and take over (though they are naturally very peaceful) until I limited their site pops and such heavily. They still do a good job setting up weird little mountain hamlets and towns, but that isn't the point here.

The point is, I've made adventurers into master vampires from the dark ages mod, had them geared with full sets of artifact gear using a modded metal (steel mass+candy properties), legendary out the ass combat skills, using the silly-fun "bullet time" speed boost ability so they're running around at 9.9 speed right?

I had one of these adventurers who I had a lot of fun playing with after I found you can hit someone with a platinum war hammer in the head, send them flying, and THEN cut their head off with a battle axe in mid-air... she has something stupid like 1300 kills. She rampaged through hell but the demons were boring, she's killed hydras by trying to rip their guts out with her teeth and having them BLEED to death (I then realized the guts were way too heavy to rip out like that... ) and singlehandedly depopulated the world of monsters and beasts besides the few FB's hiding from her in the caverns.

There is one thing I will not do with her: pick a fight with a steel angel, nothing is more terrifying in adventurer mode than something which is just as brokenly fast as you, has no organs to injure, no bones or skin to feel pain from, has hand-to-hand attacks tuned and designed for removing limbs AND can fly.

I'd love to help out and test some modded creatures for you folks by putting it up against an angel-blender, by which I mean taking control of in adventurer mode and picking a fight with some... though I don't recommend going with the full speed-boosted solid steel delimbing machines themselves, having something which can last against them at all is a good judge of how much fun it would be to fight it with an army of decked out military dorfs.

Oh, if you would like a solution to the "voidspawn won't use weapons" problem, I've got a lot of practice tweaking hand-to-hand attacks for delimbing, as I said, there are some values that you can set to what seem rather absurd levels which do the job very well.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:42:32 am by Max™ »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: February 26, 2015, 11:58:25 am »

I'm not sure how terrifying you want your foes to be, but while I was modding a race to be fun to play with as a an adventurer I decided to make them have a civilization and such, but initially they were female only. Later I figured out how to make fully differentiated sexes and didn't realize that a bunch of steel angels and their much less common hyperfast non-winged steel mini-armoks would, well, run armok during world-gen and take over (though they are naturally very peaceful) until I limited their site pops and such heavily. They still do a good job setting up weird little mountain hamlets and towns, but that isn't the point here.

The point is, I've made adventurers into master vampires from the dark ages mod, had them geared with full sets of artifact gear using a modded metal (steel mass+candy properties), legendary out the ass combat skills, using the silly-fun "bullet time" speed boost ability so they're running around at 9.9 speed right?

I had one of these adventurers who I had a lot of fun playing with after I found you can hit someone with a platinum war hammer in the head, send them flying, and THEN cut their head off with a battle axe in mid-air... she has something stupid like 1300 kills. She rampaged through hell but the demons were boring, she's killed hydras by trying to rip their guts out with her teeth and having them BLEED to death (I then realized the guts were way too heavy to rip out like that... ) and singlehandedly depopulated the world of monsters and beasts besides the few FB's hiding from her in the caverns.

There is one thing I will not do with her: pick a fight with a steel angel, nothing is more terrifying in adventurer mode than something which is just as brokenly fast as you, has no organs to injure, no bones or skin to feel pain from, has hand-to-hand attacks tuned and designed for removing limbs AND can fly.

I'd love to help out and test some modded creatures for you folks by putting it up against an angel-blender, by which I mean taking control of in adventurer mode and picking a fight with some... though I don't recommend going with the full speed-boosted solid steel delimbing machines themselves, having something which can last against them at all is a good judge of how much fun it would be to fight it with an army of decked out military dorfs.

Oh, if you would like a solution to the "voidspawn won't use weapons" problem, I've got a lot of practice tweaking hand-to-hand attacks for delimbing, as I said, there are some values that you can set to what seem rather absurd levels which do the job very well.
Wow... Yeah. While in transit to this terminal I had ideas for a type of titan called a "Nightbringer" that is basically designed like an Enderman with tentacles coming from its arms that is very difficult to kill but its only attack is to release a mist that causes blindness and for a terrible set of beings called reapers that sound a good bit like your steel angels, except undead, opposed to life, and with scyther arms. ( And naturally a high preference for decapitation. )

More than scary deadly beasts though, I'd rather make pest animals. Maybe, with Meph's permission, also import some X-men from Masterwork. ( Especially Plump Helmet Men with additional mods to make them randomly revolt, in a nod to this. )

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: February 26, 2015, 12:19:18 pm »

The angels were my "man, a bronze colossus is scary until you're swinging a steel or candy weapon with high dodging skills... what if they were made of steel... *hmmm* I bet..." moment that got me playing around with modding stuff. Elf sized, steel insted of bronze, stupid fast, and they can fly... plus their hand to hand attacks have a couple new options I just labeled "poke" and "chop" with high penetration and high severing ability, respectively.

I once stumbled onto a steel angel bandit camp which was being attacked by some of the soldier angels from a neighboring hamlet, it was absolutely terrifying, little metal women zooming around hacking each other up, metal body parts sailing every which way, like being a normal human in the middle of a DBZ battle, except I was a demi-god elf vampire adventurer with like 4.4 speed and still waaaaaaaaaay out of my league, I ran and am proud that I got away despite the easily followed trail of piss I no doubt left behind me.

The fights I've had with them (mostly accidents, a couple ambushes I didn't run from fast enough) tend to be me trying to maneuver in, then a barrage of injuries spam the screen and "the steel angel brewer pokes you in the head and the severed part sails off in an arc, you have been struck down" shortly afterwards.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: February 26, 2015, 12:32:07 pm »

The angels were my "man, a bronze colossus is scary until you're swinging a steel or candy weapon with high dodging skills... what if they were made of steel... *hmmm* I bet..." moment that got me playing around with modding stuff. Elf sized, steel insted of bronze, stupid fast, and they can fly... plus their hand to hand attacks have a couple new options I just labeled "poke" and "chop" with high penetration and high severing ability, respectively.

I once stumbled onto a steel angel bandit camp which was being attacked by some of the soldier angels from a neighboring hamlet, it was absolutely terrifying, little metal women zooming around hacking each other up, metal body parts sailing every which way, like being a normal human in the middle of a DBZ battle, except I was a demi-god elf vampire adventurer with like 4.4 speed and still waaaaaaaaaay out of my league, I ran and am proud that I got away despite the easily followed trail of piss I no doubt left behind me.

The fights I've had with them (mostly accidents, a couple ambushes I didn't run from fast enough) tend to be me trying to maneuver in, then a barrage of injuries spam the screen and "the steel angel brewer pokes you in the head and the severed part sails off in an arc, you have been struck down" shortly afterwards.
Woo! Now the question is, can you make something that isn't incredibly fatal?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: February 26, 2015, 01:08:16 pm »

Hmmm... that is tricky.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: February 26, 2015, 11:22:18 pm »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: February 27, 2015, 11:16:16 am »

I could make an animate blob of fat with random and disturbing limb combinations (anatomically accurate pterosaur wings, for example) on it, if someone could please explain to me how the whole tissues and materials stuff works in modding. As for why I suggest that I make a blob monster, it's because my non-ridiculous-looking monsters tend to be ridiculously hard to kill.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:18:21 am by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 272