Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789160 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3930 on: March 21, 2015, 08:03:52 am »

The Flame just wants steel for steel's sake, just like Saint wanted rum for rum's sake, and I wanted midnight blue tunics for the same reason.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: March 21, 2015, 08:05:02 am »

Fair points.
Whatever was I thinking.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: March 22, 2015, 04:45:11 pm »

We have 1700 iron bars. They should be steel bars.

As for militarization, did you not notice the fact where we are now down to three dwarves capable of fighting voidspawn?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: March 22, 2015, 07:45:00 pm »

1. WE ONLY HAVE ONE STILL AND IT'S IN THE FUCKING CAVERNS, WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY
2. I also moved the depot at some point. It's near where those drawbridges close in part of the map edge. That way, traders will come in though there where it's relatively safe.
3. McClellan, your big rig for millstones doesn't work, so I just built a millstone with a windmill on top inside the walls. Simplicity!
4. I've put a magma kiln in a spot that looks like it was made for it. Fungin got a little burned but he's fine.
5. When winter hit I dug out a lot of the stuff frozen in the ponds. I buried a lot of corpses.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: March 22, 2015, 09:03:16 pm »

Not bad....give us a list of ALL THE ARTIFACTS
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: March 22, 2015, 09:04:25 pm »

Blood of Armok how much is that thing worth?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: March 23, 2015, 12:19:41 am »

Holy...are you sure "pot" is not an euphemism here?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: March 23, 2015, 09:27:54 am »

We have 1700 iron bars. They should be steel bars.

As for militarization, did you not notice the fact where we are now down to three dwarves capable of fighting voidspawn?
Why?

Yes. And before my turn, the military didn't even have half of its trainees. We need more traps and walls though. We can't afford to lose the dwarves. ( Also, no severe Voidspawn attacks happened at all during the duration of any of my turns, all the problems were of Terry's doing. )
1. WE ONLY HAVE ONE STILL AND IT'S IN THE FUCKING CAVERNS, WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY
2. I also moved the depot at some point. It's near where those drawbridges close in part of the map edge. That way, traders will come in though there where it's relatively safe.
3. McClellan, your big rig for millstones doesn't work, so I just built a millstone with a windmill on top inside the walls. Simplicity!
4. I've put a magma kiln in a spot that looks like it was made for it. Fungin got a little burned but he's fine.
5. When winter hit I dug out a lot of the stuff frozen in the ponds. I buried a lot of corpses.

1. Our steel bar is in the caverns? Weird.
2. Nice. I was going to tunnel a new path to them, but I ended up giving up on that. It wasn't that fruitful an endeavour. Moving it was a way better options.
3. HERESY more like. In seriousness, why doesn't it work? ( It should entirely work. ) Preferably with screenshots so I can detect what went wrong.
4. Hmmm.... Good.
5. Yeah, do we still have our ghost baby at least?

Not bad....give us a list of ALL THE ARTIFACTS
It's a short list, there's only 20-30 or so.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: March 23, 2015, 04:59:19 pm »

I'm not listing all the artifacts, download a save and check yourself. The pot is worth about 4500U.

1. We need legendary soldiers, desperately. I used the shaft of enlightenment I found to make ~10 legendaries, I'm in the process of expanding it.
2. I was going to overhaul our traps, but...
3. Voidspawn siege! Including two patriarchs and an overlord, oh shit! I've sent the Void Guard out, but right now they're going full loyalty cascade as they kill their own trolls and each other. I'm going to remove using evil animals from the voidspawn in Slaughterhelm.
4. They killed each other and all left. A patriarch and some trolls assaulted the gates but were killed. NCommander was briefly dizzy - I seem to remember Prosnorkulus being dizzy after killing that other overlord...
5. Cleanup is going well.
6. Aaaaaand there goes NCommander. I'm going to put some of the now-legendary recruits in the Void Guard.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 07:13:54 pm by TheFlame52 »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: March 23, 2015, 08:36:22 pm »

That's a pretty serious zircon.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: March 24, 2015, 03:53:57 am »

That zircon-thing looks Planepacked. I don't want to know what would happen if someone actually used them to encrust something.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: March 24, 2015, 04:59:36 am »

[ZIRCON INTENSIFIES]

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: March 24, 2015, 09:20:40 am »

That zircon-thing looks Planepacked. I don't want to know what would happen if someone actually used them to encrust something.
Yeah... This sounds like a wonderful idea. :D I'll do that during my next turn. Speaking of, what's the turn list looking like right now? Raise your hand if you have ups after Flame.

( Also, I tried to make the hatch more awesome than it ended up, I got distracted. )

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: March 24, 2015, 09:40:35 am »

That's a large gem. You can't encrust with them.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: March 24, 2015, 09:51:21 am »

That's a large gem. You can't encrust with them.
Too bad. And it's too excellent to use for much else... Hm.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 272