Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 788983 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3945 on: March 24, 2015, 10:37:22 am »

Oh well, if any sort of demon made of poverty comes along, this will be our defense. What are those things even worth?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: March 24, 2015, 10:44:47 am »

Oh well, if any sort of demon made of poverty comes along, this will be our defense. What are those things even worth?
No idea. Last I checked we had well over 10m wealth. ( If I'm remembering correctly. )

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: March 24, 2015, 10:58:34 am »

Maybe one of the mods to the next deathgate should include a use for large gems, maybe a large gem display that places the gem like a a Statue
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: March 24, 2015, 11:04:34 am »

Maybe one of the mods to the next deathgate should include a use for large gems, maybe a large gem display that places the gem like a a Statue
Seems like it'd be too easy to mess up the gems themselves that way... but I'll see what I can figure out. Max might be a better person to do it, so if you're listening Max, try and figure that out too.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: March 24, 2015, 03:51:17 pm »

1. Voidspawn siege, worst than the last!
2. No casualties, but many wounded. After singlehandedly killing two patriarchs, Microblighted was put in the hospital for rotting. He survived the operating table but he is slowly dying of infection. One recruit will never walk again.
3. I killed both FBs. Also, a new one came and found its way into the dining hall. Nobody was hurt but everyone caught in the gas is nauseous forever. Vendix won't wake up.
4. Tomio and Urist McLoving were killed in a cave-in. They have been re-dwarfed as furnace operators.
5. Migrants, a few of them. They will be put to work.
6. There's a pool of kitten rot somewhere. I know this because our kittens are rotting.
7. An old body of Urist McLoving rose as a ghost and was put to rest. She was crushed by a drawbridge three years ago.

Microblighted is pale. He doesn't have much time left. He likes fine pewter and microcline, so I'm making him a tomb out of microcline with a fine pewter sarcophagus.

I had a slab engraved for him. Dwarves hauled all his stuff into the tomb. My favorite dwarf in this whole fort, slayer of many goblins and voidspawn. You held back the darkness as long as you could, but you eventually succumbed to it.

Goodnight, sweet prince. May you smite voidspawn forever in dwarven hell.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: March 24, 2015, 04:21:29 pm »

This calls for a sacrifice. A blood sacrifice!

I dropped all of our prisoners onto the sacrificial spike. They will serve Microblighted in the afterlife!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: March 24, 2015, 08:24:39 pm »

Damn. Nothing like that ever happens when I oversee. I'm both disappointed and relieved. ( Though it seems like violence begets violence in MurderMachines, or is that just my imagination? )

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: March 25, 2015, 05:17:00 am »

I kind of wonder how many goblins and voidspawn are left in this world. Surely we have exterminated at least half of them.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: March 25, 2015, 05:36:54 am »

I thought about this last night.

I've got plans.

OH BOY do I have plans.

I've got plans for a canon, HAPPY ending for Murdermachines, a reason for me to be the new voidgod, a reason for there to be both demons and voidspawn in the new world. It'll have blood and fire and demons and voidspawn and Terry and Anima and ARMOK HIMSELF AND THE FINAL BATTLE BETWEEN CHAOS AND ORDER.

IT WILL BE EPIC.

JUST
YOU
WAIT.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: March 25, 2015, 07:06:23 am »

I've got plans.

OH BOY do I have plans.

I've got plans for a canon, HAPPY ending for Murdermachines, a reason for me to be the new voidgod, a reason for there to be both demons and voidspawn in the new world. It'll have blood and fire and demons and voidspawn and Terry and Anima and ARMOK HIMSELF AND THE FINAL BATTLE BETWEEN CHAOS AND ORDER.

IT WILL BE EPIC.

JUST
YOU
WAIT.

Chaos wins right?
Will it be one of those ordered chaos thing? I love it when chaos is applied in a reasonable manner.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: March 25, 2015, 08:24:30 am »

I've got plans.

OH BOY do I have plans.

IT WILL BE EPIC.

JUST
YOU
WAIT.

Chaos wins right?
Will it be one of those ordered chaos thing? I love it when chaos is applied in a reasonable manner.

Chaos is always applied in a reasonable manner.
Chaos itself can be defined as an indeterminable outcome that one has some modicum of control over.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: March 25, 2015, 09:25:17 am »

I've got plans.

OH BOY do I have plans.

IT WILL BE EPIC.

JUST
YOU
WAIT.

Chaos wins right?

Chaos is always applied in a reasonable manner.
Chaos itself can be defined as an indeterminable outcome that one has some modicum of control over.

Mmmmm yes.... I recall at some point in a forum game I read that someone sujestied that chaos was a prosses and order was a state. This of course...was.....wait.....what was it...it was something about...I can't remmber the entire discussion I will have to check....

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: March 25, 2015, 12:44:14 pm »

My thoughts on this whole chaos-vs-order thing: chaos follows well-defined, specific rules, therefore chaos is well-organized. Also, you can make patterns that look nice on T-shirts out of it, and patterns are definitely ordered.

Also, this ending sounds good.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: March 25, 2015, 01:54:39 pm »

Actually it'll be more like the final battle between balance and chaos. But whatever works.

Since it's 275, 25 years after the founding of Murdermachines, I made this:

Also we got another voidspawn ambush and Orix got turned into a thrall and died.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:10:32 pm by TheFlame52 »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: March 25, 2015, 02:40:56 pm »

Also we got another voidspawn ambush and Orix got turned into a thrall and died.
I like how this is just a side note.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 272