Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 790121 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #540 on: March 15, 2013, 06:07:28 pm »

Terry actually ate Deathgate I. Anima tried to enact the FINAL SOLUTION, in the form of flooding the fort with magma, but Terry decided he didn't like that and caused the save file to die.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 16, 2013, 05:47:19 am »

Terry didn't just kill Deathgate I. He's killed at least 3 computers, one of them mine and the other two Anima's.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 16, 2013, 08:09:35 am »

Aren't you afraid it could happen again?
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 16, 2013, 10:40:05 am »

Aren't you afraid
Don't be such an elf. It's the Dwarven way to lose many expensive pieces of equipment and go into tantrums when you lose them. It wouldn't be a deathgate WITHOUT losing a few computers.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 16, 2013, 11:49:55 am »

WHY AM I THE ELF WHEN I ASK SOMEBODY ELSE ABOUT HIS FEELIN -
oh, right.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 16, 2013, 09:53:44 pm »

Oh. This has happened already.

poasting for posterity.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 17, 2013, 06:05:08 pm »

Ahahahaha. Terry came in the form of a surprise spring break. I totally forgot that was happening last week.

You can either skip me or I can just start my turn some time tonight.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 17, 2013, 11:29:56 pm »

Ahahahaha. Terry came in the form of a surprise spring break. I totally forgot that was happening last week.

You can either skip me or I can just start my turn some time tonight.

I say take your turn, we need some good content.

And sorry for my absence, mini vacation.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 18, 2013, 02:52:11 am »

Not sure if I want a turn... I have never played a succession fort, or anything this suicidally deadly.
...or does this make me a perfect candidate?

My very first turn on a succession fort, ever, was really late in Deathgate's life cycle. I accidentally breached our hellbunker twice, built a machine to automatically breed and deploy ducks INTO HELL, and wound up losing something like a third of our fort's population in a time when the fort had outlived the entirety of dwarven civilization and was no longer receiving migrants. I spent a good hour just figuring out how things were laid out and halfway through my year was still finding half-finished buildings, chambers, and such and boggling over what use they may have had. Demons breached the fort twice, melted all the silver furniture in a previous overseer's hell bedroom, infected the entire fort population with blistering demon sickness, and torched our hell booze stockpile. And several military dwarves died, too, but that's about par for the course for Deathgate.
Yeah, the duck-o-tron was... interesting. I'm sorry I disassmbled it ;)

Short of a voidspawn ambush party getting through the gates and beelining for the stockroom containing the fort's entire supply of food, drink, and cuddly puppies, there's not a lot you can do to raise the bar.

Except for the guy after me, who let Tiny Tim get killed, of course.
I... apologize. He went to play with the ... what was it, a Dung Beetle Demon or somesuch?

Ah, no, Assassin Bug Demon, that's it. Yeah, he got eaten by this one.

And regarding the syndrome-inducing, neigh-indistructable, silk-bagging and shoe-beating voidspawn: BRING 'EM ON! We ate delicious hellburgers in DG, I wonder what we will do with / to the Spawn of the Void... *rummages through stockpile for knife and fork*

---
Edit: oh, and could you add me to the list of overseers? I'll try not to kill Timmy again...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 02:53:59 am by gunpowdertea »
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 18, 2013, 03:10:55 am »

And regarding the syndrome-inducing, neigh-indistructable, silk-bagging and shoe-beating voidspawn: BRING 'EM ON! We ate delicious hellburgers in DG, I wonder what we will do with / to the Spawn of the Void... *rummages through stockpile for knife and fork*

From the looks of things, eat them, get infected by greater void corruption, then slowly transforms into thralls.

Yet one more reason to use magma.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 19, 2013, 04:29:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Das mah Voidspawn.
For the record, Voidspawn are the main antagonists for my canon arc in Spearbreakers. Not these ones, mine are *mostly* formless, and never insectoid.
Yeah, must be a common name... (glares at imagination)

Anyhoo, can I grab a turn?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:48:23 pm by Lolfail0009 »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 19, 2013, 10:13:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Das mah Voidspawn.
For the record, Voidspawn are the main antagonists for my canon arc in Spearbreakers. Not these ones, mine are *mostly* formless, and never insectoid.

I went with the name since my initial idea was to have voidspawn be formed by the souls of dwarves cast into the void by our body surfers.
Then they turned into some insectoid locust and I just kept the name.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 20, 2013, 12:31:15 am »

*snip*

Das mah Voidspawn.

I went with the name since my initial idea was to have voidspawn be formed by the souls of dwarves cast into the void by our body surfers.
Then they turned into some insectoid locust and I just kept the name.

Yeah, I was originally going to have mine be the title given to just one badass Hydragon (read: nightmare), but then it sort of... branched off.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:42:13 am by Lolfail0009 »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 20, 2013, 05:06:18 am »

Double post :D

Added myself to the dorfing list, and a link to here at the end of Deathgate I.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 20, 2013, 02:35:33 pm »

A link to this in Deathgate the first would have been nice.

Dorf me as an axedwarf and put me on the turn list. Said turn will be agonizingly slow, since I'm on a laptop now, having had my desktop harddrive crash.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 272