Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 788538 times)

Urist Mc!!Science!!

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #765 on: April 12, 2013, 07:12:51 pm »

Dorf me please
Name:Urist "the Unseen"
Any job will do

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 12, 2013, 11:30:54 pm »

Sandstone 6, 225
A new block stockpile and some booze were both in need, so I've ordered those.
The trees are getting yellow. Prepare for migrants soon!
I'm currently struggling with the construction of the pumps. It takes Ulborb a lot of time to haul all the pump components to the magma level.

Sandstone 8, 225
Turned out that, after four years of tattered clothing, we have no clothing industry!
Time to order:
Make cloth robe/R (Saint should have the option to hide her female-ness just like Anima does.)
Make cloth trousers/R
Male cloth socks/R (Everyone knows dwarves love sox.)
Now I just hope a clothier will appear and do the job.

Sandstone 16, 225

That bedridden dwarf has a mood! Strange, I have to say.
The dwarf has just woke up form her sleep and crawled down to the magma forge.
Good Terry, good. You've made an injured dwarf crawl all the way down to the magma forges with a broken hip. And hopefully become legendary at her profession.

Sandstone 22, 225
"Ahh, no migrants." Aslod heard a familiar voice cry from the corridor.
He couldn't remember whose voice was that, but it was very familiar.
Meanwhile, the moody disabled blacksmith was at the third cavern lair, making her way down.

Sandstone 23, 225

I guessed right. Probably something to do with metal furniture.
So many moods in my turn...

Sandstone 27, 225
*sad piano*

The dwarves don't care for their dehydrating fellows. What a shame! I've always thought of dwarves as extremely selfless creatures, so selfless that they travel miles to bring that single copper bar to the appropriate stockpile. Well, I'm sometimes proven wrong.

Timber 14, 225
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below lie massive spoilers. You may wish to refresh your head before scrolling down.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWO sieges in my turn? I feel so (un)lucky!
This time goblins, with war jabberers, one giant cave swallow and the General! (who has a dwarven name actually)
Fortunately no lashers or marksgoblins.
At least, unlike voidspawn, the goblins should be much less tough and should be caught in our cage traps. But there're MORE of them.
Time to prepare the still-recovering military and set the civilian alert as "Lockdown". Good luck!

To be continued...
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #768 on: April 13, 2013, 12:30:01 am »

Carnage in 3... 2... 1...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 13, 2013, 01:29:18 am »

Wow. W-- Wow... wow.
Please tell me Cor'Daz is here! I want to Tenebris-Lux Cannon the lot of them!

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 13, 2013, 08:13:58 am »

Look! Feed stock for our captive Spawn! Release him and let him have his way with these invaders, and we can capture them later for the arena.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 13, 2013, 09:46:24 am »

*Checks casualty list*

I'm alive?  IMPOSSIBLE!
Murdermachines: where the utmost surprise is survival.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 13, 2013, 12:41:30 pm »

*Checks casualty list*

I'm alive?  IMPOSSIBLE!
Murdermachines: where the utmost surprise is survival.
I already have an update which I'll post later on, and you're right, Mr. SanDiego. The siege hasn't ended yet, and a fraction of a percent is the chance that the siege will end happily.
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 13, 2013, 03:29:41 pm »

In Murdermachines, there are many professions that have a real risk of rusting.  Medical professions are really not among them.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 13, 2013, 05:34:54 pm »

Jesus. I died again? Well, at least it was in battle, instead of starvation or something.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 14, 2013, 12:54:27 am »

Magnificent.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 14, 2013, 06:41:19 am »

Timber 18, 225
Two goblin squads are currently heading towards the gate, unmounted. Let's just hope they'll get caught in our cage traps, and we will be able to leave the rest of the killing job for the military.

Oh no, it seems the goblins killed one suicidal marksdwarf! Time to pull the level back and leave the fort closed for a while.
Meanwhile, two goblins managed to enter the fort. One dwarven baby has bled to death.

Timber 24, 225
I've managed to finally get my hand on the ballistae.
Set for Prepare for Fire, I've managed to get in a siege operator, after a few fled in fear. The ballista arrow was fired at the trapline, which was full of goblins at the moment. Unforunately, the damage done was minimal.

Moonstone 1, 225
Oh, look at that!

Dozens of goblins, all of them in front of the gate! Time to get those ballistae occupied... and jabberers.
It also turned out that the furthest ballista is blocked by fortifications! Dig dig dig children!

Moonstone 9, 225
Now I understand what has happened.

Their squad leader! The goblins prefer to stay caged near their leader near their caged leader!
And now the dwarves refuse to load the ballistae because they constantly get interrupted. What a troublesome situation.
Time for some Ruthless Utility Mechanism, aka RUM! Cages are not enough. The spikes are not linked to anything yet. Dwarves run away just because they can see the goblins.
 ::)
Let's build a huge tower and dump stones from there! Meanwhile, the fortress can function normally. The goblins are only outside.
Throwing stones at goblins, lol.

Moonstone 13, 225

Wow. That dwarf impressed me. Disabled, but still working despite her broken hip.
Now, let's see what's in the workshop:

This and bronze bars. That would be great for AnimaRytak's quarters, and in getting more of both dwarven and goblin migrants. Too bad the base materials are so cheap.

Moonstone 14, 225
What's this at the tower I'm currently trying to erect? My Aslod?
Aslod kept yelling nonsense like "I can't do it" and "Sorry, sorry, can't do it". Those goblins. They stink far too far. What's worse is that you can't nerf them. The stench isn't even in the raws!
Moonstone 15, 225
"Noooo"
"I can't do it, I just can't!"

Moonstone 22, 225
That plan didn't work either. Guess we have to resort to Extremely Long Flow, aka ELF! My idea goes along these lines:
1. Open the voidspawn arena access in order to make the goblins flow away from the cage traps. (I hope this step will work)
2. Close the clash bridge at the arena so that the goblins don't get in
3. Get a flow of dwarves to haul all those goblin cages inside before the flow of goblins comes back. The squad leader's cage is top priority. The others are entirely optional.
4. Kill the leader.
5. ? ? ?
6. Profit.

Look! Feed stock for our captive Spawn! Release him and let him have his way with these invaders, and we can capture them later for the arena.
Wait, 1 voidspawn vs. more than 50 goblins and jabberers. Won't the voidspawn just get killed?  ???

Moonstone 25, 225

Well, let's see it.

Worth 44400☼, that's actually one nice artifact. It depicts the foundation of Murdermachines and the death of Jasmuk Forestslowed the dingo. At least we can now make the military less unhappy with this.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 14, 2013, 06:45:24 am »

May I ask how my dorf is doing? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 14, 2013, 08:03:18 am »

In my turn, I'm going to make a cistern for pressurized !!FUN!!. Because this fortress is flooded with it.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 14, 2013, 08:32:02 am »

Wait, 1 voidspawn vs. more than 50 goblins and jabberers. Won't the voidspawn just get killed?  ???

Well, I was sort of counting on the ballistae weakening them first. Guess that's not going to happen.

But recall that it was a single Voidspawn thief that decimated our army earlier with naught but a bag. We have a captive soldier, right? He'd probably bite a few before they mobbed him to death.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 272