Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789847 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #825 on: April 23, 2013, 02:41:34 am »

Hey, you forgot the modern Dwarven Ultimate Answer. Magma is the classic one, while the modern one is Minecarts!
So, Golden Minecarts launcher should work! Or shotgun loaded with golden goblets. Or both.

*walks away mumbling Pratchett's Dwarven song*
-Gold, gold, gold, gold. Gold, gold, gold...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:32:54 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 23, 2013, 03:58:26 pm »

What about minecart loaded with magma?
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 23, 2013, 08:48:10 pm »

Minecart railgun as a wunderwaffe came up on some thread before the minecart update. I think the gist was that if you loaded molten objects into minecarts and then got them moving extremely fast, you could do massive damage to anything in the path of the cart.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 24, 2013, 02:34:36 am »

Minecart railgun as a wunderwaffe came up on some thread before the minecart update. I think the gist was that if you loaded molten objects into minecarts and then got them moving extremely fast, you could do massive damage to anything in the path of the cart.
Wow, molten golden globs shotgun! Would it work if we first fill minecart with magma and then load it with golden crafts?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 24, 2013, 02:46:05 am »

This is the equivalent of a dwarven LAZAH

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 24, 2013, 12:44:07 pm »

*reading kefkakrazy's post
Well, Sock's gonna be sooooo -
Troll Sock's turn has been skipped.  It is now Yuli Vlasi's turn.
fucked.

Alright, let's do this.
I will soon download the current save and take a closer look at the fort while making up some plans. I'm going to be busy the next few days but my first update should be up at the weekend. If anyone has any requests considering fortress construction, be encouraged to tell me.

Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 24, 2013, 04:13:58 pm »

I'd say to continue working on a long-term iteration of the voidspawn/arena deathmatch plan.

Aside from that, if you want to design a machine that will spawn and drop ducks on voidspawn invaders, by all means.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 24, 2013, 04:47:24 pm »

Has anyone moved the dining hall to the sacrificial altar room yet? There were supposed to be three more wings coming off that hub, too... 'twould have been a true marvel, once engraved and finished, but duck-bombing the Voidspawn works too.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 24, 2013, 07:27:30 pm »

Actually now that I think about it for the love of god do not, do not, repeat do not duck bomb the voidspawn. The last thing we need is for Darkwing the Netherfowl to re-enter this world on the enemy side.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 24, 2013, 08:00:21 pm »

The Terror that Flies in the Night?
Oh Armok....

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 24, 2013, 09:20:20 pm »

Oh Armok....

I get the feeling I should probably read the original Deathgate.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 24, 2013, 09:22:41 pm »

Oh Armok....

I get the feeling I should probably read the original Deathgate.

The insanity that is Deathgate the first cannot be passed upon. Go! Go now, and partake of the madness!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 24, 2013, 10:58:49 pm »

It is still absolutely mindblowingly ridiculous that one of the better lifetime demon kill scores from Deathgate I belonged to a freaking duck. I know I latched onto the stupid duck meme more than most, even to the extent of building the DUCKOTRON at great cost of dwarven life, but Darkwing the Netherfowl was absolutely one of the coolest emergent moments to come out of DG1.

That, I think, is a major reason why I love DF so very much: those emergent moments are beautiful and brilliant when they happen.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 24, 2013, 11:11:00 pm »

It is still absolutely mindblowingly ridiculous that one of the better lifetime demon kill scores from Deathgate I belonged to a freaking duck. I know I latched onto the stupid duck meme more than most, even to the extent of building the DUCKOTRON at great cost of dwarven life, but Darkwing the Netherfowl was absolutely one of the coolest emergent moments to come out of DG1.

That, I think, is a major reason why I love DF so very much: those emergent moments are beautiful and brilliant when they happen.
Wasn't there an art of Darkwing?

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 25, 2013, 08:53:06 am »

First impressions:

- Alu the Second is chilling in a pool of dwarven blood in front of our fort, playing 'fetch it' with one of our dogs. 'It' probably used to be attached to NRDL's body.

- Haven't unpaused the game yet, but it looks like a bunch of civilians are running straight into the battle to get some socks or something like that. Let's hope the arriving military doesn't kill Alu before it rips one or two of the haulers into pieces.

- If it wasn't for the blood, I'd say the aboveground fort is as colourful as a circus tent

- We have tons of dogs. Literally tons of them. And zero cats.

- We are open to flying intruders from the caves

I already like it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:47:50 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 272