Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 785614 times)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #840 on: April 25, 2013, 03:46:25 pm »

Oh, we have cats (unless somebody did something with them in the interim). They're just all in some cages where they can't catsplode.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 26, 2013, 06:39:00 am »

So, we contained the catsplosion only to have dogs dogsplode in our faces? Typical.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 26, 2013, 06:44:31 am »

Just remember that when dogs are infected by the taint, they grow fingers and beards and begin walking upright as thralls.
You have been warned.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 26, 2013, 06:56:53 am »

hehe.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 26, 2013, 07:14:50 am »

Just remember that when dogs are infected by the taint, they grow fingers and beards and begin walking upright as thralls.
You have been warned.
Well, Murdermachines is
the world's biggest furry convention.
(someone find that quote for me.)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 26, 2013, 08:55:35 am »

That was me, when someone pointed out that like 80% of the wildlife was composed of various animal men.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121407.msg4150734#msg4150734
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 26, 2013, 08:48:36 pm »

So, we contained the catsplosion only to have dogs dogsplode in our faces? Typical.

Well, at least dogs are useful! We can put them in cages and create some kind of dog landmine - the enemy steps upon a pressure plate, and suddenly a hundred starving puppies have latched onto their joints and are nibbling their tender bits. Cats only eat FPS and occasionally vermins.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 26, 2013, 08:52:42 pm »

Well, at least dogs are useful! We can put them in cages and create some kind of dog landmine - the enemy steps upon a pressure plate, and suddenly a hundred starving puppies have latched onto their joints and are nibbling their tender bits. Cats only eat FPS and occasionally vermins.

Introducing a hundred units to pathfinding will cause a fps drop, I hope you realize.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 27, 2013, 07:52:24 am »

I was planning on taking some screenshots and ask you guys wtf stufft is supposed to be but I decided that it would be more fun if I figured it out by myself instead of delaying updates. I'll start playing today.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 27, 2013, 08:12:46 am »

Introducing a hundred units to pathfinding will cause a fps drop, I hope you realize.

But these areuseful units. That makes the FPS loss a bit more tolerable.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 27, 2013, 08:23:18 am »

We could use dogs to lure the voidspawn into the arena somehow. But I'm not sure how to do it yet.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 27, 2013, 08:26:00 am »

And we really don't have any cats.
11 puppies and about 57 stray dogs. Minus the one who is about to get killed by a huge monkey.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:30:09 am by Yuli Vlasi »

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 28, 2013, 01:07:51 pm »

Let me tell you the story of Alu Thimiquileli's defeat.
In the time before this place was driven into destruction  by it's owners, in the time before our all doom was wrought from the depths of Murdermachines, Alu the Second layed his mahagony eyes on this fortress, just like his ancestor did years before. Driven by madness and his desire for revenge, the beast assumed it's true form and layed havoc to all who couldn't escape it's wrath. Many were slain and Alu's sandy taupe hair dripped of the blood of innocent and wraiths alike. What I am about to tell you us what the survivors saw and were willing to share with others of their kin. And even if some of it may sound unlikely, you must know that before they fell to the terrors of the void, the dwarves were a sturdy and though folk. They were unforgiving and unwilling to pay the ultimate price without tasting revenge first.

After Alu slayed the dwarf N'rd'l (the wraiths already caused the dwarves to assume names in their own tongues back then) it began to stagger into the direction of the forts entrance, where a piece of the wall had collapsed, which would have allowed the beast to bring carnage and destruction to the fortresses heart. It was a stroke of luck which made it hesitate and saved the fleeing dwarves: A loyal dog attacked the foul creature, knowing it could not stand against the brute. It's sacrifice allowed the remaining warriors to arrive in time. Krosan the marksdwarf, one of many who already fell to the void, was the first one to arrive. Empowered by Anima'Rytak's dark sorcery he attacked Alu. Some say he was out of ammunition that day, other say it was due to his bad mood that he decided not to fire any bolts, but all agree that he jumped at the creature and, with a horrible scream, bit the wereape in his face. Alu shook him off and forced the dwarf to fall back. Dodging all of the beast attacks, Krosan lured the creature right into the arms off a fellow swordsdwarf, who layed his fierce blows across the ape's whole body, planting his blade right into Alu's heart. But the cursed monster did not fall yet. Ignoring the incoming storm of blades Alu grabbed the swordsdwarf's arm, ripping it off completely. The beast began gnawing off the skin of the swordsdwarf's head, when suddenly the rest of the military arrived: A speardwarf and a hammerdwarf. Combining their strenght they made the monster tumble and fall and  kept hitting the brute with their weapons at the same time, causing him many wounds. And they all were upon him. Spears, hammers and fists kept pushing the beast towards it's death, and even the swordsdwarf, knowing he would die from his wounds, sunk his theeth into Alu's skull. But unlike the dwarves, Alu feared death, and with a howl which still haunts the halls of Murdermachines, he shook off the dwarves from his body and ripped the swordsdwarf's foot and head off with his teeth. Now using his legs, Alu continued grabbing the other warriors with his legs, blocking their attacks until he shattered the speardwarves hips and head. The beast then kicked the hammerdwarf against a wall, knocking him unconcious.
Only one dwarf was left. Calling upon an ancient dwarven god, Krosan lept across the battlefield and, in a last effort to save his home, the dwarf bit the wereape in the face one more time. In that moment the moon disappeared at the horizon. Unable to hold his powers any longer, Alu reverted to his lesser form. 'TRAITOROUS, POINTY-EARED SCUM!' where the last words Alu heard before Krosan mashed his brain into a red mist.
There stood the victorious one.
Without a single scratch.

Braveness and madness sometimes are the same thing.[
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:30:26 pm by Yuli Vlasi »

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 28, 2013, 02:15:19 pm »

'TRAITOROUS, POINTY-EARED SCUM!'

...I should never have robbed that elf caravan if they have these things in their arsenal. Nice update :)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 28, 2013, 04:39:14 pm »

YES. Krosan IV gets his freaking REVENGE for Krosan I.

What the frick is it with my incarnations and wereapes?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 272