Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777655 times)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #855 on: April 30, 2013, 11:50:46 am »

So, NRDL is dead. And I don't know if somebody already told you, but Vendix appearently died during the construction of the arena. During my reign I'll probably focus on reinforcing our aboveground fort, getting some magma into the arena's moat and architectural stuff. Tell me if you need anything to be made.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 30, 2013, 04:15:06 pm »

Make rum! :D

In seriousness, though, the Microcline Anti-Raider Gate Extirpator (for the less technically inclined, that blue thing on the aboveground fort) could use some hooking up to a lever and opening as the death-gate I intended it to be.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 01, 2013, 07:33:34 am »

Rum for the RumGod!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
  • I wish I'd spelled my name correctly...
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 01, 2013, 10:10:35 am »

Added myself to the dorf list. Loved DG1, and i'm seeing good things ahead for the Machine of Murders.
Every time you post an update I am sad because the timer on when another update will be made is reset.

Goddamnit its like crack and I've been injecting it straight into my eyeballs.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 01, 2013, 01:07:39 pm »

In seriousness, though, the Microcline Anti-Raider Gate Extirpator (for the less technically inclined, that blue thing on the aboveground fort) could use some hooking up to a lever and opening as the death-gate I intended it to be.
How is that thing supposed to work?
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 01, 2013, 04:41:59 pm »

How is that thing supposed to work?

The basic idea was that those bridges would get hooked up to a lever and come crashing down. It's an atom smasher, with the modification of a trench in front of the bridge's connection to the ground to keep building destroyers away (I have never made an atom-gate before and was unsure if that would be an issue). There are multiple bridges so we could maybe add a secondary mode where each bridge has a lever and we can have the dwarves drop and raise them in patterns for fun.

Also, the entrance into the fort from that hallway was going to get a drawbridge gate that would drop open with the smasher bridges so the enemies would be lured on top of the smashers and catapulted off into the distance when they tried to run through and the gates shot up. Increased length would be a bonus, and I had plans for a three-dimensional labyrinth filled with reciprocating spears to precede the gate, but I was running short on time even without resigning, so it was never implemented.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 02, 2013, 11:43:24 am »

I'll see what I can do. Miners are working really slowly and I have other things to dig out. A bigger graveyard has priority, we already have two ghosts.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 02, 2013, 04:57:41 pm »

I'll see what I can do. Miners are working really slowly and I have other things to dig out. A bigger graveyard has priority no reason to exist, we already have two ghosts. awesome permanent undead residents.

Fixed that for you.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 03, 2013, 06:58:42 am »

Thank you very much, I'm still sometimes getting confused by dwarven awesomeness. I will pump out an update today or tomorrow. After that I will try to finish the rest faster.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 03, 2013, 10:01:07 am »

I think this is why community games hold my interest when regular games of DF don't usually last more than a couple of years for me.

The entire community does nothing but egg you on to do dangerous and ill-advised stuff.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 03, 2013, 10:39:35 am »

I think this is why community games hold my interest when regular games of DF don't usually last more than a couple of years for me.

The entire community does nothing but egg you on to do dangerous and ill-advised stuff.
UPDATE IIIIINCOMING FUCKAS!

[1st of Granite, the depths of Murdermachines]
'Can you hear the sound of battle, friend?'
'Of course you don't.'
'Just a couple more months. ... I'll... finish.' *Cough.
How tired I am of this. Why won't they stop plaguing me? ... I have to deal with them as quickly as possible. Anima's not the only one who learned some 'magic' out there, you know...'
'We should go and see him.
Later.'
<the noises of sharp metal scratching on stone and silent coughs can be heard from the dark, followed by a grim laugh>

[Mayor Thikut Luritoslan's log, Spring 256]
11th of Granite
The poor soldier's corpse left on the stairway to the surface started rotting. Although everyone complains about it no one dares moving it. The dwarves are scared of the taint. I'll have to send some soldiers to deal with it.
15th of Granite
I saw that engraver strolling around the corridors in front of my bedroom at night. He moved really slowly and kept touching the walls as if he was looking for something. He kept mumbling ( or was it chanting? ) to himself until he stood right next to my door. When he saw me, he stopped and walked away into the dark as if nothing happened. I already heard of Malach's strange behaviour from others. Appereantly he keeps claiming pieces of smooth walls and floor for himself, screaming at and sometimes even fighting away other engravers.
NOTE: Keep and eye on the engraver.
19th of Granite.
The architects finished the designs for the new dining room and graveyard, construction will begin as soon as the miners are ready.
Our hospital is filled up with wounded from the last battles. Some of them have serious injuries and the doctor said some would not make it before he started giggling. The mechanics started constructing a traction bench so we can get some bones fixed.
(pictures)
24th of Granite
The blacksmith kept yelling that we are out of steel, as if that would change anything. We also received a message from our scouts. Appereantly someone started spreading stories about our recent carnages in the surrounding area. Which of course scared away all migrants.

3rd of Slate
Out of frustration, the dwarves decided to execute all captive furries using the drop shaft tomorrow. Hopefully their blood will cheer us up a bit.
4th of Slate
(OOC: *facepalm)
Most of the hamstermen survived their fall. One Two Three bled to death, the others remaining survivor just ran off into the living quarters. The soldiers do not care at all or are wounded, so we'll be stuck with those monstrosities that hamsterman hamsterwoman for a while.
10th of Slate
I ordered a bunch of dogs to be slaugthered or dropped down the execution shaft. They already are piling up in our statue gardens, I need to stop this before it gets out of hand.

13th of Slate
I swear, that engraver is up to something

Although his engravings clearly are of great quality, they seem weird. There is someting about them which I can not explain properly. I'm not the only one who feels like this.

14th of Slate
I woke up with an engraving IN MY ROOM! That madman...
17th of Slate

A minotaur! That elven scum keeps sending their pawns against us. The guards saw the beast lurking in the woods. The say it'll be here tomorrow. Armok be with us...

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:57:23 am by Yuli Vlasi »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 03, 2013, 02:31:58 pm »

Did Dappercat get redorfed?
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 03, 2013, 06:39:44 pm »

I've dropped hamsters before, accidentally. They're surprisingly resilient, why should hamster men be any different?

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 03, 2013, 07:46:58 pm »

I think we need a bigger tower...again.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 04, 2013, 01:50:00 am »

Don't we need a bigger tower always? We should be able to gib a voidspawn with it.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 272