Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 787243 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Wrath of the Voidgod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #990 on: May 21, 2013, 11:27:24 am »

Oh Jesus, so Terry was really the void god? Manipulating us FROM THE ABYSS? It all makes sense.

As long as we keep kefka FAR FAR away from us, I think we'll be OK. He's far worse than terry ever was.

No no, "Him" isn't a void god.  Just a really old being stuck in the void. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Terry is sorta like a warhammer 40k warp god.

Anima has been with Terry since Murdermachine's fall.  He's something monsterous now.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 21, 2013, 12:20:33 pm »

Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 21, 2013, 12:33:28 pm »

HISS HISS
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 21, 2013, 12:34:44 pm »

HISS HISS

It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 21, 2013, 01:58:08 pm »

I'll post the save when I get home. Expect it tonight.

Still can't believe that I flipping lost the fort to kobolds. I blame whoever rigged that entrance gate; I feel like there's some rewiring to be done with regards to critical fortress mechanical infrastructure.

If I had another crack at this baby and more than a handful of healthy beards to do it with, I'd probably make building a DoomBunker a high priority; fully-contained control room behind trap corridor and locking/sealing mechanism, kept stocked with rum and biscuits and designated as the super-emergency fallback for civilians. The fact that kobolds rapidly penetrated as far as the dorm/hospital level and thus cut off civilians from the gate locking lever was a major factor in us getting killed by them, since once they were accidentally sealed into the fort they could not leave and I could not get a civilian to pull the damn lever to let them out. They also continually interrupted civilians trying to get to food stockpiles, including the stockpiles in the Temple area.

The whole fortress was crawling with kobolds that were doing nothing but stabbing puppies and scaring civilians, is what I'm saying.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 21, 2013, 04:01:25 pm »

EDIT: Working now.

I tried a reclaim on my own save, after I'd made a copy of the save folder.

Jesus H. Christ, Anima, good luck. Get underground and do it fast, because you won't make it to the gate, even if it wasn't locked.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7682
for anyone who feels masochistic as hell.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:21:15 pm by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 21, 2013, 05:18:55 pm »

I would like to be dorfed into the reclaim party please...pretty much any dwarf will do, i just want them to die a horrible glorious death!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
  • I wish I'd spelled my name correctly...
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 21, 2013, 05:34:02 pm »

I would like be dwarf good yes.
Every time you post an update I am sad because the timer on when another update will be made is reset.

Goddamnit its like crack and I've been injecting it straight into my eyeballs.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 21, 2013, 06:32:47 pm »

Jesus H. Christ, Anima, good luck. Get underground and do it fast, because you won't make it to the gate, even if it wasn't locked.

Let me guess, Voidspawn everywhere?
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 21, 2013, 06:36:33 pm »

Dear Mother of Armok!!! You weren't joking! You spawn in the middle of a 4-way battle between a voidspawn army, a goblin army, a kobold raid, and Ambassador.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 21, 2013, 06:38:12 pm »

A reclaim party needs to be able to deal with:

Kobold raiders (spearmen and bowmen, though I think the bowmen are out of arrows because they wasted them all on puppies)
Two voidspawn raiding parties, each led by a Champion-level drone
The Minotaur which we originally had caged; he is now loose and rather pissed off
AMBASSADOR, who is now loose and is probably more dangerous than your average voidspawn

All the gobbos we had in cages are loose and Friendly at the moment, but all that means is that they break ambush for the various hidden monsters around.

I think I've inadvertently created one of the most dangerous embarks I've ever heard of, this side of "wagon spawns in volcano" glitches or modded Thermonuclear Catsplosion embarks.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:49:30 pm by kefkakrazy »

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 21, 2013, 09:40:09 pm »

Now that's what I call Fun!
Don't keep me waiting!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:46:06 pm by Just Some Guy »

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 21, 2013, 10:09:57 pm »

Dear Mother of Armok!!! You weren't joking! You spawn in the middle of a 4-way battle between a voidspawn army, a goblin army, a kobold raid, and Ambassador.

If it's not too crass of me, I'd like to nominate Urist's post here for the front page. It just sums up the ridiculousness of the situation I've left behind best.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 21, 2013, 11:15:47 pm »

If it's not too crass of me, I'd like to nominate Urist's post here for the front page. It just sums up the ridiculousness of the situation I've left behind best.
+1
That is some clusterfuck i'm going to have fun with tonight.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 22, 2013, 03:24:24 am »

I fear not the voidspawn, the goblin, the kobold, or the Ambassador.

For Terry is with me, and he is infinite.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 272