Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 787216 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2013, 08:07:26 pm »

I hope they aren't intelligent enough to make real weapons or such. I think it's a bit silly when there's some sort of "God race" that's better in almost every way, including intellect, and yet still occupies the same realm as any other sentient race.
This wouldn't happen unless the voidspawn were permitted weaponry in the entity .txt file. Otherwise no, they probably wouldn't produce weaponry in worldgen or arrive armed with weapons in sieges. I assume it's entirely possible for them to arm themselves during a siege if one of them happens to tear a dwarf's axe out of his grasp and wield it, although it'd be more likely for them to tear off a pair of pants or some clothing and start bashing dorfs with it instead, so--
They can craft weapons though.  But I honestly can't say what level of metal they'll use.  I believe they can use iron and bronze, perhaps even steel.  But I cannot say if that works as intended or not.
Oh. aaaaaw snap, this sounds worse than Holistic's spawn.

I'm not sure how you specify what metals a civ can use or not, I haven't delved that deep into entity files yet. It looks like you can force an entity to use wood materials with [WOOD_WEAPONS] and [WOOD_ARMOR], and it looks like [STONE_PREF] might permit a civ to use metals from ores, like copper or iron, but otherwise it might be up to the RNG in world-gen.

I'd just recommend the modding forums and/or the modding questions megathread for reference.

Also, nice beacon.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2013, 12:19:30 pm »

Their genders are a bit wonky and they're too small.  But they are deadly.  My only con-
too small. but deadly.
HAVE TO DRAW. WHERE PAPER?
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2013, 12:55:34 pm »

Their genders are a bit wonky and they're too small.  But they are deadly.  My only con-
too small. but deadly.
HAVE TO DRAW. WHERE PAPER?
For reference, the overlords have a size of 360,000, about 6 times the size of a dwarf.  However they're still smaller than a horse, which is 500,000.
In retrospect an overlord should've been about 1,500,000 in size.

Drones are slightly larger than two dwarves.
Plaguebringers are equal in size to three dwarves.
Soldiers are twice as big as a human.
A patriarch is three times the size of a human.

Final update coming later today!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2013, 02:19:18 pm »

I didn't realize dwarves were THAT small. That throws a completely different light on what's going on in my fortresses. I wil never again underestimate the horror of being locked in a room with about 20 turkeys.
Especially when all of them are bigger than you.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:41:19 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2013, 05:11:35 pm »

God, I've been assuming I rule dwarves, not microdwarves. I can only imagine the embarrassment humans must feel posthumously when one of the militia decapitates them.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2013, 05:25:03 pm »

Limestone 2nd, 251

Currently our twelve dwarves are sharing six beds, and one table, and two chairs.  Everyone is shoved into one rather large room that serves as our stockpile, crafting workshops, dormitories, barracks, dining room, and meeting hall.  However these meager accommodations will not serve us any longer.  It is time to turn Murdermachines into a proper fortress.

This shall be the fortress proper.
I've ordered Derm and Prosnorkulus to clear trees around the entrance while Jables and Ulborb dig out the fortress.  Noodle is making mechanisms for the trade caravan.  And everyone else is hauling.
Cept me.  I'm counting plump helmet spawn.

Old habits die hard.

Limestone 20th, 251
Digging has revealed the following minerals.
Hematite
Native Gold
Malachite
Tetrahedrite
Galena
Gypsum

Additionally we have large quantities of Limestone.
Murdermachines will have steel, something Deathgate could never claim.

Limestone 24th, 251
Here's a doodle of the new area of the fortress.

Sandstone 28th, 251
Here's a doodle of the farm area.

The fortress proper is dug out already.  We still lack workshop areas, but our food requirements come first.  We may be technically immortal but these bodies aren't.

We had our second wave of migrants today as well, six in total.  The new migrant wave brings our brothers Space Cat the Axedwarf, Dortimus the Axedwarf, Thorkild Járnöx the carpenter, and SanDiego the Architect.

Timber 16th, 251
The outpost liaison and a caravan arrived today. Some of my brothers suggest we simply take their goods, but I tell them we must appear normal.  We require migrants and many of them.  Such things will not happen if the mountainhome despises us.  I ordered our mechanisms hauled to the trade depot.
Trades went well.  In exchange for our mechanisms, we received a very large quantity of booze and meat, along with a little cheese.
For next year, I told them we'll need fish and cheese. 

In return, they've requested the following.

Moonstone 2nd, 251
We kick off winter with rain.  Fantastic.
But that's not why I'm pissed.

We decided to celebrate the new farm areas, and the new still, by drinking in our mostly empty dining hall.  And I may have gotten a little drunk.

I really, really need to stop drinking.

Moonstone 7th, 251
I've ordered an area dug out for the main stockpiles and the crafting rooms.  It's quite large and will not be completed before the end of the year.

Opal 5th, 251
The water outside froze today.  I had thought temperatures here were mild enough to avoid such things, but it seems I was wrong.
With the year coming to an end soon, I've ordered walls constructed above ground.  Between noodle and Thorkild, it should be finished before winter's end.

Opal 25th, 251
The water thawed and the above ground fortress is complete.

Obsidian 19th. 251
Numerous kobold bandits have attempted to break into our fortress.  All of these attempts have failed thanks to the two puppies we have chained up by the entrance.

Obsidian 30th, 251
Unfortunately my duties as fortress bookkeeper, broker, and all around good chump leave me with little time to manage this place any further.  I have no appointed overseer, so long as it is one of my brothers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the current population, stocks, and appraisal of the fortress as of 252.

And so I conclude my turn.  Once again I've passed the torch on to another dwarf.
There is still much work to be done.  Most of the fortress is unfurnished,  We have five beds for a dozen and a half dwarves.  A single table in the dining hall.  And virtual no storage space.
I have no worries.  Murdermachines shall be a glorious fortress.
My brothers and I shall consume this world.

(OOC)
Save: Here
There's five free dwarves.  If your name hasn't been mentioned yet, you haven't been dorfed due to no one matching your request. 
Also I can't tell you guys how awesome it is to see so much feedback on this playthough.  It makes this sooo much more fun.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2013, 08:05:05 pm »

And so it begins.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2013, 10:53:15 pm »

I don't actually want a pre-trained swordsdwarf.  Just train up any old useless mook with a sword.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2013, 10:53:57 pm »

Same here.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2013, 03:34:02 am »

This is Phoebus pack right?
Also I suggest the next overseer to quickly brew some drinks! (if I am allowed to)
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2013, 03:34:42 am »

This is Phoebus pack right?
Also I suggest the next overseer to quickly brew some drinks! (if I am allowed to)

We actually have booze.
Barrels are another story.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2013, 08:39:13 am »

Can I be dorfed?

Name: Nised
Profession: Marksdwarff/siege engineer
Profession name: Artillery officer
If possible can the next overseer build a ballista?

When will the Voids start attacking?

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2013, 09:33:57 am »

When will the Voids start attacking?
I guess it works similar to goblin sieges, but what do I know?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:04:11 pm by Yuli Vlasi »

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2013, 01:24:35 pm »

That is going to be hell, more literally than literally, that is going to be hell.

I just hope they are gentle with us. :I

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2013, 02:20:32 pm »

I hope not, the more blood and guts the better.
It would be very awesome if the goblins and the voidspawn siege us at the same time, all we need to do is lock our doors and let them greet each other with some good ol' violence.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:22:10 pm by Lt_Alfred »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 272