Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 787015 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2013, 09:33:07 pm »

I'll Take a Dwarf, name him Werty, and make him a Hammerdwarf, and mod in gold hammers :)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2013, 09:34:53 pm »

The Journal of Saint, High Overseer of Murdermachines, Master of the Void-Wraiths, and Templar of Armok.

OBSIDIAN 30, YEAR OF ARMOK 251

As of this day, Murdermachine's interregnum is over.

The heir apparent buggered off after the Founder, bless his Void-begotten heart, stepped down from the position of Overseer, and after about six hours of booze-soaked anarchy it has fallen to the Military - more specifically, me - to take command of this outpost, not even in its second year, and make it into a fortress worthy of the Void Wraiths. It will not be easy.

Primarily because the dwarf woman I have been provided as a host is delicately described by the others as "just incredibly fat".

Even in death, the world still finds ways to torment me.

Now then, to business!

The fort appears to be in decent shape, unlike me, and we have enough food to last us a good long while, most of it being some incredibly well-made turkey egg biscuits. Superior, I'd go so far as to call them! Additionally we have alcohol. Ah, sweet rum, how I've missed -

Ale? All that time spent wasting away in the Void, and all I get when I come back is some biscuits and bloody Dwarven ale?

Where is the rum?

Why is the rum gone?

This must be fixed. What barbarians only drink ale? Why, it's undwarflike! Elfin, I would go so far as to say! Patches of sweet pods must be grown immediately! For peasant consumption, there shall be wine and ale and such - but for a Templar, only the finest rum will suffice.

Where was I...aha! Yes! Work orders!

Poor Ulborb, the chump, appears to be digging an immense chamber out that has no discernible purpose all on his lonesome. I'm not sure if it's some personal obsession of his or the last dwarf in the big chair was really just that sadistic, but I can't tell what in Armok's name the fellow is contributing with this, aside from a great deal of rocks. He'll be reassigned shortly to more rum-related projects.

There's also a few levers in the military area that I'm uncertain as to the purpose of. One is being connected still, but the other I just ordered somebody to pull on to see what happens. The dwarf responsible wandered back to me afterwards and said there was a piece of parchment labelling it as the door control. We have two doors - above and below ground. Huh. Go figure.

The Trade Depot is inaccessible due to some...interesting hallway designs, and otherwise this place has a distinct lack of traps. I can see a great deal of work here is needed before we can fight off the goblins.

GRANITE 6, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

One of our miners was whining about quickly I want them to dig out the rum distillery and how he felt his true calling lay in carting blocks of shit around instead. New edict: If you can hold a pick, that's about all you're doing for the rest of your life. Deal with it.

GRANITE 7, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Some blighter named "Space Cat" was exploiting a loophole in his host's contract to let him get away with "storing an item in a barrel, sir!" as his sole mode of gainful employment. Fuck that, I said to him. You're on rum duty now. Hope you like mud.

GRANITE 11, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Took the entirety of the first squad off-duty. Normally, I'd say "sure, keep training. We'll need some bodies to hurl at the goblins when they come and we have no traps." Not now, however.

Now, we are in a crisis situation. On this day, Murdermachines ran out of seeds.

The ale isn't far behind.

Emergency measures have been taken. Much as I love the biscuits the chef prepares, I have ordered cooking of food to stop. We will gnaw on raw mushrooms for a while to get the seeds. Plump Helmets, able to be eaten raw, are now not to be cooked under pain of exile.

GRANITE 19, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Prosnorkulus has started whispering sweet nothings to his axe. It's pretty damn disturbing in bed, I can tell you that.

GRANITE 21, OH ARMOK HELP ME 252

Well, I got the housing district set up. Ulborb's weird giant room has been subdivided into nice private apartments to be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.

That big apartment is mine, by virtue of when the miners complained I sat on Jables until he yielded. Sorry, lad, you can haul shit around some other time.

Booze is almost gone. We have three ales left, and I really must commend these fellow Void-Wraiths for their restraint - the miners have been thirsty for days, and yet refuse to even sip from the cache out of civic duty.

Why do we have so little booze, you might ask? Well, because somebody didn't listen when I said "no more fucking biscuits" and every new rock pot that rolls off the assembly line becomes a Murdermachines Special Crock o' Biscuits!

So, we're in dire straits on the sober front, with two legendary stonemurderers on the brink of realizing exactly what the hell is going on most of the time, and what do I get? What divine answer to my prayers for booze and pots does the Great Armok send?

I need some rum...
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »

Derm 'Fearbringer's log:

THAT BLOODY BASTARD Disassembled my squad and relieved me of duty! At least I had my axe when I was murdering trees. What if we get attacked? I'd chop HIS head off if I could. At least he's solving the booze problem, I guess.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2013, 10:06:47 pm »

The giant room was suppose to be the stockpile for all the fortress goods, cept food and such.
It was so pretty too :(
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2013, 10:21:59 pm »

The giant room was suppose to be the stockpile for all the fortress goods, cept food and such.

Well, we're stockpiling dwarves in it now. I've always preferred winging it when it comes to stockpile space, anyways, with preference for sort of basement/attic type set-ups with the related workshops - but in this case, I thought it was just going to be some kind of immense open-air dormitory or something equally as offensive to my aesthetics  :) . Sorry!
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2013, 11:14:47 pm »

Ulborb's Log, Granite 252

Again they put me to work digging. Don't get me wrong, I was fine as long as I only had to feed AnimeRytak's ego, now I'm feeding the rum obsession of some nutty overseer who thinks that rum is the only priority and fails to see the value in wine. Now we're missing the grand stockpile and I'm expected to dig out more rooms.

Well, my booze break is over. Time to resume mining for the rum crusader.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2013, 11:19:22 pm »

The Journal of Saint, High Overseer of Murdermachines, Master of the Void-Wraiths, and Templar of Armok.

GRANITE 7, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Some blighter named "Space Cat" was exploiting a loophole in his host's contract to let him get away with "storing an item in a barrel, sir!" as his sole mode of gainful employment. Fuck that, I said to him. You're on rum duty now. Hope you like mud.

Sweet, mud! Who wants some mud rum? It tastes like rum, but it's earthier and more filling! It's actually just dirt and water, don't tell anyone.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2013, 06:03:38 am »

GRANITE 19, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Prosnorkulus has started whispering sweet nothings to his axe. It's pretty damn disturbing in bed, I can tell you that.

I need some rum...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2013, 07:04:31 am »

*flees in fear*
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2013, 11:01:29 am »

Wait, what? My turn!? Now? No, skipped? What!?
I am so confused.
THAT BLOODY BASTARD Disassembled my squad and relieved me of duty! At least I had my axe when I was murdering trees. What if we get attacked? I'd chop HIS head off if I could. At least he's solving the booze problem, I guess.
Again they put me to work digging. Don't get me wrong, I was fine as long as I only had to feed AnimeRytak's ego, now I'm feeding the rum obsession of some nutty overseer who thinks that rum is the only priority and fails to see the value in wine. Now we're missing the grand stockpile and I'm expected to dig out more rooms.
So. Much. Sad.
If you haven't thought about how you are going to explain why your dwarf loses his position as fortress overseer yet, you just made yourself alot of enemies in the fort.
And in case no one else volunteers I'd like to give my turn to InsanityIncarnate.

EDIT: Wow, slowpokez already has two pictures up. I'm still failing at uploading the first one. For some reason imgur doesn't seem to take it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:26:02 pm by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2013, 03:15:03 pm »

I'd like a dorf.
Name: Xaren
Profession: Master Runesmith
Job: Weapon/Armorsmith
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2013, 03:37:38 pm »

May i grab a dwarf?
Name:whatever it is
Job: Marksdwarf+Mechanics+ROCK POTS.
Job name: Name based revenge seeker
FLUF: dislikes elves, will have his revenge via pots full of mechanisms and bolts. AKA pot traps.
please no relations.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2013, 04:50:29 pm »

Might be an update tonight, might not be, depending on if I feel like micromanaging the vast army of useless, booze-swilling immigrants that showed up at the end of Granite after I finish schoolwork. On the plus side, First Squad can go back on duty since there's now a large supply of free labor that can't tell the sharp end from the holdy end of a sword.

Military Governor Dwarf....AWAAAAAY!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2013, 06:26:24 pm »

Puff's Mind-Journal:

I can't believe I haven't made it through yet. My hands ache to touch stone again. I wish to sculpt beautiful masterpeices, to create beautiful traps, to design glorious buildings.

When shall I be free?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2013, 06:41:05 pm »

And in case no one else volunteers I'd like to give my turn to InsanityIncarnate.
Thankyou, good sir! I promise not to be a total moron and forget it this time!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 272