Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789156 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2013, 06:57:00 pm »

If Slowpokez is alright with it, I can just add Insanity back on the list after StLeibowitz.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2013, 07:34:18 pm »

If Slowpokez is alright with it, I can just add Insanity back on the list after StLeibowitz.
Sure ;)
An extra year before i manage to turn it all into a complete clusterfuck is always good i guess :P

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2013, 02:50:21 am »

Dorfing plz.

Name: Dappercat
Job Name: Gentledwarf
Profession: Clothier+Leatherworker+Soapmaking+Gem setter+Wax worker
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2013, 05:48:34 pm »

From the Journal of Saint, Military Governor of Murdermachines, Master of the Void-Wraiths, and Templar of Armok.

GRANITE 21, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

Twenty-four dwarves. Twenty-four thirsty, hungry, seedless, boozeless, useless immigrants. What drew them here, I wonder? The stories of our wide and spacious hallways empty of Rum? The chance to be possessed by the denizens of the Void? The beautifully forested prairies that we intend to defoliate in the name of industry?

Whatever the reason, they came, and we have only 3 ales left.

When the blighters got to the front door of the fort, I asked how many of them knew how to hold an axe. Three raised their hands, and they're now Squad Three, along with a dwarf who really wasn't good for much else besides stabbing. The rest, I split up into three major camps: They Who Brew, They Who Grow, and They Who Carve Rock Pots. There was also a dwarf who told me, "Boss, if it's related to wood, I can handle it." Considering he provided his own axe, I figured why not. Prosnorkulus can have a friend to talk to out there besides his damn axe.

I've also sent a few dwarves out to do some seed-gathering above ground. I don't like it, but even such an elvish activity as open-air farming is preferable to drinking stagnant lake water.

GRANITE 23, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

I have discovered why nobody has drank the last of the ale yet. It wasn't out of a sense of civic duty, like I'd assumed. No, the dwarves here are too basic for such urges as "patriotism" or "selflessness" to motivate them. The last 3 ales have remained undrunk and kept on-record because ANIMARYTAK THE LAST OVERSEER HAS BEEN HOGGING ALL THE BOOZE FOR HIMSELF IN HIS OFFICE!

He's been holed up in his bloody office since I announced the rationing system I came up with, "updating the records" for days on end! Now, though...now I know.

I know what the bastard is up to.

I know.

GRANITE 25, YEAR OF ARMOK 252

OH WHAT THE ARMOK IS IT NOW?!?!

Some armorer named Bim something-or-other has gone and angered the spirit world. Armok help her if she demands I build a forge. I am not setting up a new industry in a time of bloody crisis just so some disembodied gnome or whatever can bang some garbage can lids together.

GRANITE 26, YEAR OF BATTLE 252

You know what? I'm sick of this fucking world again. Soon as I can, I'm buggering off back to the Void where the rightful overseer went and dragging his sorry essence back out here to run this shithole. Cold empty nothingness may be boring, but at least it isn't actively trying to fuck me over.

I took both squads out so we can end this little apeshit. While SanDiego and I fired arrows in at the bastard, the Fearbringer brought honor to his name and some extra rum rations for himself by charging in and hacking at it from behind. When SanDiego ran out of bolts, he added his meager strength in as well.

OOC: This is page three of the report, and the one that sums it up nicely. The Fearbringer is a berserker.

The ending was a truly glorious flurry of blows, until the Fearbringer's many blows brought low the foul werebeast. Truly, this was a fight that will be sung about once we get a proper mead hall...and some mead, maybe.

My only regret is that we were too late to save Krosan.

Truly, one does not know how much they will be missed until they are gone. Even though his spirit has only fled to places easily retrievable, his loss hit us hard - for if he could fall, what other child of the Void could follow?

Perhaps Armok will be pleased with this sacrifice of blood? Perhaps the great Blood God will show favor on us poor, benighted beings, and grant us the nectar of the gods, the holiest of all alcohols - the blood-wine of the Golden Table? Surely, Krosan's death and the Were-Ape's defeat were not in vain?

Where are you, Armok?

~~~

Well, that was an interesting month of Granite. Considering the Fearbringer's performance in combat and the sudden vacancy left by the militia commander's untimely strangling, I think he might be seeing a promotion in his future.

No dwarfings right now, sorry everyone :( I'll compile a list and check the new suckers for worthy ones next update.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2013, 05:54:26 pm »

Derms log:

Finally got put back on duty.

As a regular soldier. My anger knows no bounds.

Got to test my skills against a were-beast, foul creature was no match for my axe.

Fortunetly, my commander had an... accident during the fight, leaving me to get promoted back to my old job.

Funny how that happened.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2013, 06:19:33 pm »

I thought Derm was the militia commander o.O  Krosan was commander of the marksdwarf squad.

Also we get attacked by a god damn wereape in our second year.  Can I get a hell-yeah?!
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2013, 06:55:50 pm »

I thought Derm was the militia commander o.O  Krosan was commander of the marksdwarf squad.

I honestly have no clue. All I know was that someone official-sounding in the army died after I rebuilt Derm's squad, and he acquitted himself in combat well enough to earn some kind of reward. If he already is the chief of the army, he gets a fancy new apartment or a front-row seat in the Temple of Armok/Dining Hall I'm planning, or something.

I kind of wish I'd built some cages for the were-ape, now, actually...he'd have been an excellent initiating sacrifice.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2013, 09:03:44 pm »

Have I been dorfed yet? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2013, 09:46:37 pm »

Have I been dorfed yet?

Nobody got dwarfed yet on my turn. I aim to fix that since we just got a giant shipment of free dwarves, though. Unless you have really specific requirements, yo should have a body by the next update.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2013, 09:58:18 pm »

(I'm just happy with a Clothier, but with the other listed professions activated. :3 )
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2013, 11:22:04 pm »

Here's some fun stats from the worldgen.

125777 Voidspawn
   127558 Dwarves
   137846 Humans
   200705 Elves
   110853 Goblins
   3785 Kobolds

Total: 706524

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2013, 03:07:11 am »

I'll take Kumil the Metalcrafter and start working with gold crafts. Give him a personal magma forge and two stockpiles - for gold bars and for stuff to stud with it. Steel axes menacing with spikes of gold, anyone?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2013, 07:16:14 am »

When SanDiego ran out of bolts, he added his meager strength in as well.
Meager strength? I totally bruised it's stomach man! With, like, my hand!
On a second thought, was anyone bitten?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2013, 08:50:02 am »

Will I be dorfed any time soon?

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2013, 09:00:14 am »

127558 Dwarves
200705 Elves
We have to fix that.
On a second thought, was anyone bitten?
Why are you asking?
Oh, right.

I'd like to change my dorfing preferences. Take an useless dwarf with no skill in gemcutting and gemsetting and make him both. Let him practise on stone.
Steel axes menacing with spikes of gold, anyone?
Yes. Plus gems.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:15:03 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 272