Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789225 times)

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2013, 09:16:49 am »

I am one of the few who haven't been dorfed yet.
Can I please take Olon, the woodworker?
Name: Pan
Profession name: Foe of Elves (new name)

Edit:  :-\
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:44:45 am by Chimpanzee »
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2013, 09:25:01 am »

Steel axes menacing with spikes of gold, anyone?
Yes. Plus gems.
Encrusting of weapons and armor is unavailable in vanilla. It can me modded in, but will require to regen the world.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2013, 10:17:33 am »

Just looked it up. I have no idea why I didn't know that. I guess it's because caravans sometimes bring encrusted stuff. So many dreams crushed...
There are moments where I think I almost mastered Dwarf Fortress. But then Dwarf Fortress laughs and punshes me in the face.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:25:45 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2013, 12:20:03 pm »

Now you know why you will fear the night...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought Derm was the militia commander o.O  Krosan was commander of the marksdwarf squad.

Also we get attacked by a god damn wereape in our second year.  Can I get a hell-yeah?!
Hell-Yeah?!!!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2013, 01:06:22 pm »

Jesus. That is one ugly (brilliantly-drawn) were-ape.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2013, 01:52:35 pm »

This is a masterful clay brick shit by Peregarrett on 2013. It relates to masterful image of Wereape Alu Odiyarenuna drawn by slowpokez
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2013, 03:06:16 pm »

Dorf Name: Tomio175
Dorf Profession: Mechanic, smith (armor or weapons)
Dorf Profession Name: !!!SCIENTIST!!!
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2013, 03:14:54 pm »

Finally figured out what the problem with imgur was.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:24:59 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2013, 04:52:06 pm »

On a second thought, was anyone bitten?

I think the were-ape gnawed on Krosan a little, but unless ghosts can contract monkeyitis I doubt that'll have more of an impact than, say, the ongoing booze shortage.

Jesus Christ, that's fucking horrifying  :o I was just envisioning some kind of albino gorilla, but that...my God, I should have caught that thing and trained it!
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2013, 04:54:18 pm »

And then I murderized it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2013, 05:44:35 pm »

I thought Derm was the militia commander o.O  Krosan was commander of the marksdwarf squad.

Also we get attacked by a god damn wereape in our second year.  Can I get a hell-yeah?!
Hell-Yeah?!!!

I'm really glad I don't have to sleep anytime soon.

Finally figured out what was the problem with imgur.
Hmm.  Not exactly what I pictured but still interesting.  Almost reminds me of an Evangelion.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:47:24 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2013, 05:49:52 pm »

Nyeh! All of my do not want.

That's pretty cool. I assume this is done in Photoshop? Cool smoky sorta texture you did there, it reminds me of sandstorms or something.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2013, 05:53:22 pm »

What's on my dwarfs personality/looks screen thing?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2013, 06:29:10 pm »

GRANITE 27

In the wake of the loss of Krosan, I have deemed it prudent to bring more of our brothers and sisters into this world. I have culled the most well-suited dwarves from the sober flock and presented them at the beacon, and the following have emerged and identified themselves:

Xaren
Dappercat
Kalver Verin
Peregarratt. Peregarat? Peragaret?

Suitable matches did not exist for the others. Why they would want to exist in this booze-dry wasteland anyways is beyond me, but I suppose a body and no rum is better than rum and no body, or even no body and no rum. Those poor, poor fools.

I assembled a third squad of random mooks I found shuffling the halls. No axes yet, but hopefully the walls I knocked out near the trade depot will let the caravans fix that for us.

Bim remains a gibbering wreck.

SLATE 5

This is a day that shall live in infamy.

I ordered one of the new peasant recruits into AnimaRytak's office when he wasn't looking to confiscate the ale. I had it brought to the stockpile and admonished the thirsty dwarves to remember we had to make this stretch until the first of the new liquor pours from the taps.

...Dwarves are not creatures of moderation.

Murdermachines is now officially a dry fortress. The outlook on the pot situation is bleak - the idiots in the stockpile rooms are just cramming random objects into them now, instead of biscuits, instead of beer - and thus have I ordered the construction of a well so we can at least get some clean water.

SLATE 8

Well, I'll be damned. The rock carvers did it! Pots are flowing freely out of the crafting chambers.

And look! Stukos Lightningrained even managed to grab one before it was repurposed for pebbles!

The Eigth of Slate shall hereafter be known as Lightning Day, the day when this brave champion beat back the merciless hoards of teetotaling traitors and saved Murdermachines from Prohibiton! Praise Armok!

SLATE 9

A few other brave, anonymous heroes have taken it upon themselves to begin the brewing of sweet, sweet alcohol as well!

I think it's safe to say that we've put the worst behind us. Murdermachines can return to its pleasingly alcohol-soaked state of contentment once more.

Well...once one last thing is taken care of.

SLATE 25

Militia Captain Krosan has received a large, smoothed-over, and well-engraved tomb to house his body's restless spirit after death. It is carved into a lovely pair of blue mineral veins - microcline and cobaltite - and is situated due south of the growing apartment complex.

This has been a peaceful month, a lull in the constant struggle to survive. We have well over 150 drinks of all sorts, though still no rum. I suppose if you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself.

~~~

Construction on the sacrificial temple/dining hall is starting. Long drops stun creatures and make them vulnerable to traps, correct?

What's on my dwarfs personality/looks screen thing?

I'll check the save later. What I do know right now is that AnimaRytak's dwarf has a grudge against both you and the late Krosan, and that's about it.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2013, 10:30:51 pm »

I believe stunning won't set off traps, but unconsciousness will. A long drop will probably make most creatures give into pain anyway.

A GCS behind a fortification would be ideal since being webbed sets off any traps.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 272