Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789405 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #495 on: March 08, 2013, 10:25:42 am »

The fortress has really gone downhill since my tenure.
I don't think, there is any other direction this fortress can go.

Also, beaten to death by a freaking silkbag? I thought these things didn't happen since the times of spinning xXPig tail socksXx.

By bare hands, one dwarf by a cloak, and the rest (ten or so) by a sheep wool shoe.

The voidspawn wasn't even using the silk bag as a weapon.

Christ, I don't even know if those military dwarves were armored, though I doubt it.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #496 on: March 08, 2013, 10:38:37 am »

The fortress has really gone downhill since my tenure.
I don't think, there is any other direction this fortress can go.

Also, beaten to death by a freaking silkbag? I thought these things didn't happen since the times of spinning xXPig tail socksXx.

By bare hands, one dwarf by a cloak, and the rest (ten or so) by a sheep wool shoe.

The voidspawn wasn't even using the silk bag as a weapon.

Christ, I don't even know if those military dwarves were armored, though I doubt it.
You've got it wrong mate. The shoebeating started after I had sealed off the fort, didn't really matter as the dwarves were migrants. +The military had copper/iron armor.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 08, 2013, 12:05:14 pm »

OOh, so THAT'S how the drone got ahold of a dozen unnamed dwarves. That makes a lot more sense; I was just going off of legends, and all I see is ten straight "Killed with a sheep wool shoe" messages.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 08, 2013, 12:39:54 pm »

From the Diary of The Mad Fool Zuglarning:

Experimental subject 56-142A:
Initial grafting of replacement limb successful, and rejection was successfully prevented.  Unfortunately, the virus I used to suppress his immune response also caused him to gain four times his weight in tumor cells within six days.  Results promising.

On a personal note, subject 56-142A has repeatedly requested me to let him die.  Since he has been so insistent upon the matter, I have decided to be reasonable and fulfilled his request.  After all, seeing as how he lacks three of his five senses and can no longer move, his usefulness to me as a test subject is somewhat limited in any case.

On to less important matters.  The fortress had a...visitor yesterday.  A creature of the void, and they are every bit as impolite as I remember them.  Fascinatingly, the creature used its long, powerful arms to accelerate its blows, permitting it to deal grievous injury even with a shoe.  Unfortunately, learning its properties in Euclidean space required the sacrifice of several vessels.  An unfortunate necessity, but the trade-off will probably be worth it.  We now have its body, and I have put in a request to examine it.  We may yet learn much from this creature's remains.

In the meanwhile, I have begun preparing subjects 56-142B and 15-142C for the same treatment, so as to confirm my results.  I wonder if we couldn't tap the uncontrolled tumor growth as a food source....
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Mortis

• Bay Watcher
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 08, 2013, 01:46:50 pm »

Oh, and by the way, one person was entered twice on the turn list, turn 18
My full signature
To expand on this, I'm hoping someone can explain to me why my babies appear to be coated in axel grease...

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 08, 2013, 02:01:42 pm »

Oh, this is so very epic! I would love to get on this action, let me go find that dorfing sheet. (EDIT: When I'm not at work :( My special request is to a) get a gemcutter/setter and b) be the only one permitted to work with gems. My shinies.)

Not sure if I want a turn... I have never played a succession fort, or anything this suicidally deadly.
...or does this make me a perfect candidate?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 08, 2013, 02:26:31 pm »

Not sure if I want a turn... I have never played a succession fort, or anything this suicidally deadly.
...or does this make me a perfect candidate?

My very first turn on a succession fort, ever, was really late in Deathgate's life cycle. I accidentally breached our hellbunker twice, built a machine to automatically breed and deploy ducks INTO HELL, and wound up losing something like a third of our fort's population in a time when the fort had outlived the entirety of dwarven civilization and was no longer receiving migrants. I spent a good hour just figuring out how things were laid out and halfway through my year was still finding half-finished buildings, chambers, and such and boggling over what use they may have had. Demons breached the fort twice, melted all the silver furniture in a previous overseer's hell bedroom, infected the entire fort population with blistering demon sickness, and torched our hell booze stockpile. And several military dwarves died, too, but that's about par for the course for Deathgate.

Short of a voidspawn ambush party getting through the gates and beelining for the stockroom containing the fort's entire supply of food, drink, and cuddly puppies, there's not a lot you can do to raise the bar.

Except for the guy after me, who let Tiny Tim get killed, of course.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 08, 2013, 02:32:50 pm »

I uh... um...
I think I made the voidspawn a little too badass.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 08, 2013, 02:42:25 pm »

I uh... um...
I think I made the voidspawn a little too badass.
Pshh! This is Deathgate! Nothing's too badass for Deathgate!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 08, 2013, 02:46:51 pm »

As founder of Deathgate and Murdermachines, I authorize the use of danger rooms to combat the voidspawn.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 08, 2013, 03:23:34 pm »

Why did that quote sound like Toady talking about carp?

Also I'll be able to get the file dowloaded and looked at tomorrow - it's Friday and I'm coming up on spring break so I'll be able to get a lot done tomorrow (Hopefully). I'm still scared shitless.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 08, 2013, 03:41:43 pm »

Dun dun DUNNNNNNN!

On the upside, don't voidspawn have a custom syndrome? If so, on the upside they're so deadly that nothing appears to have survived long enough to show signs of infection.

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 08, 2013, 03:54:57 pm »

As founder of Deathgate and Murdermachines, I authorize the use of danger rooms to combat the voidspawn.

Shit just got serious.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 08, 2013, 04:49:07 pm »

Dun dun DUNNNNNNN!

On the upside, don't voidspawn have a custom syndrome? If so, on the upside they're so deadly that nothing appears to have survived long enough to show signs of infection.

This is correct.  The syndrome has a long timer so it only affects the victim after combat has ended.
But if you see nausea in your dorfs....

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 08, 2013, 04:54:51 pm »

So what you're tellling me is that on the slim chance that we manage to raise a military capable of fending off a voidspawn ambush, much less siege, it's entirely possible that the survivors will be ticking time bombs? Oh lawdy.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 272