Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777627 times)

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #690 on: April 04, 2013, 06:05:58 am »

You guys could at least put a door in Dappercat's room. Give him some privacy.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:13:48 am by Wastedlabor »
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 04, 2013, 09:36:24 am »

Most of you probably know, but Age of Legends means that megabeast killing has reached a threshhold. Somewhere a beast or five have been slain.

Great turn Peregarrett!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 04, 2013, 11:17:23 am »

This.
This is amazing.

But I don't think I can take my turn now... can I be next?
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 04, 2013, 01:39:44 pm »

Most of you probably know, but Age of Legends means that megabeast killing has reached a threshhold. Somewhere a beast or five have been slain.
It must be snow quadruped beast that was killed by olm men. I guess whole world is frozen when the Fortress game is in progress, so no game-simulated adventurers killing beasts on the another world's edge.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 04, 2013, 02:43:32 pm »

It's the AGE OF LEGENDS!?

Sweet Jeebus Wibbly hook up the flying machines. Someone send an emissary to Lews Therin right friggin' now so we can make him our king.

Then Anima can bodysnatch him so we have a vessel powerful enough to smite the voidspawn once and for all.

(wheel of time yay)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 04, 2013, 03:19:19 pm »

I can't help but notice that you labeled the buttcheeks "V" and "H". What does that stand for? Or were you planning on adding more?
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 04, 2013, 03:20:53 pm »

On an unrelated topic...

I must have gems! I must have a gem workshop! I must cut gems!
And if anyone else touches my gems... I CUT THEM! With gems.

I should do a write-up for my character...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 04, 2013, 09:06:05 pm »

It's the GE OF LEGENDS!?

Sweet Jeebus Wibbly hook up the flying machines. Someone send an emissary to Lews Therin right friggin' now so we can make him our king.
Then Anima can bodysnatch him so we have a vessel powerful enough to smite the voidspawn once and for all.
(wheel of time yay)
And then we can have the messiest beserking and tantrum spiral of all time.

There'd be ludicrous gibs of his relatives everywhere!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 04, 2013, 11:24:15 pm »

I can't help but notice that you labeled the buttcheeks "V" and "H". What does that stand for? Or were you planning on adding more?
For Voidspawn and Hellspawn, obviously. Each team gathers at its hall and then the bridge is lowered.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 05, 2013, 03:05:25 am »

This.
This is amazing.

But I don't think I can take my turn now... can I be next?
Guess I can take my turn now, even though I can be too busy at times.
I've downloaded the save, I hope I'll be able to post an update today.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 05, 2013, 05:24:25 am »

Aha, that's how those bridges are supposed to work. I was curious what are they for. But they were walled already.

My basic idea was that there would be a convoluted three-dimensional maze (wagon-traversible), then the atom smasher hallway, then the militia itself on the off-chance anyone got through. Since voidspawn destroy buildings, I put a trench in front of the anchors of the bridges so they couldn't get to it. It was to be a marvel on the scale of the sacrificial pit - which also didn't work until now. I think I'm just incompetent when it comes to large bits of dwarven engineering.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 05, 2013, 05:45:02 am »

For Voidspawn and Hellspawn, obviously. Each team gathers at its hall and then the bridge is lowered.
What if the hellspawn just flies over the moat?
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 05, 2013, 05:56:24 am »

What if the hellspawn just flies over the moat?
Oops then. Or raising bridges.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 05, 2013, 11:03:09 am »

Peregarrett, thank you for leaving me with all that mess.
I've made a look at the arena, the mayor's quarters, the surface, the temple, the GCS trap and whatever you left for me. I'll try to fix some of those in a while.

Granite 1, 255

Well, guess it's time to block all those open stairways in order to control flying FB invasions.
I've ordered the construction of some upward stairs in place of some U/D stairs.

I've quickly replaced the order for iron armor with steel armor.

As of the military, I've tried to make a different schedule so that more soldiers train at once. It's disturbing to see there're only 3 active military vessels.

I've ordered the construction of rock cabinets, seeing the utter mess that has been made of our living quarters.

Speaking about quarters, I've ordered the furnishing of our mayor's quarters and their engraving.

Granite 3, 255

Our moody weaver has finally started her secret construction.

Granite 8, 255

The usual useless crap.

Slate 1, 255
Here's a summary of my first session:
Well, nothing special has happened.
I've done a small modification to the military schedule. After that a whole squad of several axedorfs went on duty.
The smiths have already started working on steel armor. I'm trying to get started with the steel industry.
The mayor's quarters are almost ready. I've furnished them, but they still don't satisfy the parasite, who is currently unhappy.
Tosid's mood was finished, she's now a legendary weaver, and she's on a repeated hematite smelting duty atm.
Jables and Ulborb have found a hematite vein and mined it.
I've replaced some wooden walls with rock block walls, though the job is not done yet.
I have yet to touch our ass-shaped arena and the magma piston.

No one has been dorfed as of yet, I'll try to do dorfings in my next session, probably after migrants arrive.
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 05, 2013, 11:34:13 am »

Slate 1, 255
Tosid's mood was finished, she's now a legendary weaver, and she's on a repeated hematite smelting duty atm.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 272