Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777752 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #720 on: April 06, 2013, 09:29:37 pm »

Simple. If the Voidspawn win, they're vulnerable to magma, right?
Somehow, I don't think that will work the way you intend.

Y'know, just a hunch...

No, it's simple. We set up a magma cistern connected to the Arena, then, in the event the Voidspawn win, we dump magma all over them. They should melt.

Operative word being "should". This whole thing has "grey goo disaster" written all over it.

I don't know what this grey goo disaster you speak of is. In any case, magma tends to be a pretty solid failsafe, except with demons. I don't hear any better ideas either...

I think we should make a different plan. Like incinerating them... oh.

With MAGMA! This guy has the right idea!

There can be nothing wrong with magma incineration. Burn them all!
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 06, 2013, 10:20:34 pm »

I'm sure someone will eventually manufacture a danger room. Until then, we'll continue to enjoy massive casualties.

I submit that we should totally wait until we have like a hundred untrained stray dogs set up, plus a breeding stock, and dump the dogs in with captured voidspawn that we plan to send against the clowns. Gotta stock those bugs up with thralls, make sure we have a nice army of the freaks before we open the circus...

Only in Murdermachines do we prepare an army of the undead and crazy to deal with the burgeoning demon threat.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 06, 2013, 10:52:10 pm »

What about a giant magma cannon shaped like a skull?
With eyes that ooze magma and a mouth that leads to the fortress.

And a sign that says "Elves welcome.  No really, we mean it."
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 06, 2013, 11:38:59 pm »

I don't know what this grey goo disaster you speak of is. In any case, magma tends to be a pretty solid failsafe, except with demons. I don't hear any better ideas either...

Unsure if serious on grey goo, but if serious: it's the nanobot replication doomsday.

Also, the better idea involves a spider named Shelob and a yellow brick road lined with cage traps, plus an industrial-scale sacrificial temple to make the Aztecs weep with pride. NOTHING is totally immune to pointy sticks!
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 07, 2013, 12:08:41 am »

Voidspawn are immune death due to drowning, decapitation, and dismemberment.
They are vulnerable to bleeding to death, although they are rather resistant, and glory of magma.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 07, 2013, 12:30:56 am »

Unsure if serious on grey goo, but if serious: it's the nanobot replication doomsday.

I doubt the Voidspawn can make magma into thralls, but okay.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #726 on: April 07, 2013, 04:07:39 am »

That makes me think of Erfworld: "I want you to uncroak the volcano."

Which actually makes it even more scary.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 07, 2013, 05:58:12 am »

That makes me think of Erfworld: "I want you to uncroak the volcano."

Which actually makes it even more scary.
You mean that time almost everyone dies? Yeah, very encouraging...
What about a giant magma cannon shaped like a skull?
With eyes that ooze magma and a mouth that leads to the fortress.

And a sign that says "Elves welcome.  No really, we mean it."
The current above-ground fort looks kinda ugly, someone should polish it up. By the way, who started building that tower?
Simple. If the Voidspawn win, they're vulnerable to magma, right?
Somehow, I don't think that will work the way you intend.

Y'know, just a hunch...
If the magma plan doesn't work after all we could just collide a giant phallus shaped pillar inside the ass-arena and seal them off.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:18:27 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 07, 2013, 06:07:26 am »

I noticed that the second part of my 'journal' from page 38 is not linked to the first post. Not that it really matters, but for completitions sake I'd prefer my poorly implemented role-play ( :'() to be complete.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 07, 2013, 08:19:48 am »

Why not place several magma pumps linked to the moat in the arena and flood it if the voidspawn win?

- - - - - - - -

Ah, and now for updates.

Felsite 12, 225

The hopeless dehydrated vessel couldn't stand a chance. All other vessels are distracted with hauling tasks.
Vendix is, unfortunately, definitely dead.

Felsite 17, 225
Several elven and goblin vessels have arrived. One of the goblins was caged, the other wounded a cat and fled.
I hope the elves have brought wood.

Well, they have a little wood, only 21 logs.
Great, now we have 21 more wood in exchange for some bone-decorated iron flute and three gizzard stones.
Now thanks to our dwarves dumping all this worn cloth we have a giant wild boar at the guard post in place of that useless bunny.

Felsite 24, 225

I hope the vessel will grab some limestone rock and become a legendary engraver, or haul some hematite, place it at the top of the workshop and have an 'unfortunate accident'.

Hematite 02, 225

The adrenaline was in a rush, both in my blood and the blood of the combat vessels.
I've ordered the active squads to do the kill.
Dappercat was placing a trap to protect us. He's now nauseous.
? ? ?
All five goblins are dead. Three goblins are dead, and the other two were caught in cage traps. No dorf has been injured more severely than a mere bruise, other than Dappercat, who has already retched many times.
Killing blows have been made by San Diego, Eongaghnacta, and Puff.
Time to clean all this blood and go back to trapping the entrance.

Hematite 17, 225
Finally, after TWO YEARS, 24 MONTHS, or 672 DAYS without it,

The military is finally sparring and not doing demonstration showing how they dodge into the magma moat when attacked by voidspawn.

As for the possessed vessel, he's still hauling stones around. I know by 100% he has something to do with galena, even though his favorite stone is granite.

Hematite 26, 225

Oh finally, took your more than 1 month to get all those rocks.
ONE tetrahedrite and TWO galena? Really? The resulting artifact will most likely forever sit in the finished goods stockpile unused.

Well, that's it for my third session.
I've started working on the arena. I'm trying to continue stretching the voidspawn tunnel to the surface ATM.
The ballistae are almost ready. Now I just need some ammo.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 07, 2013, 09:52:55 am »

Stinky goblins. Check my nose for bad injuries, that'll need a lot of nicely scented soap to heal.

If I survive the exposure to such nauseating odours, I'm going to ask the overseer for a light civilian uniform and a dagger for self defense.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:56:08 am by Wastedlabor »
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 07, 2013, 10:30:30 am »

That's what they want you to think.

They are vulnerable to bleeding to death, although they are rather resistant, and glory of magma.

I see nothing in there about long falls onto sharp things, so I'd say Aztec Sacrificial Pyramid is still go for my next turn!

For curiosity's sake, why aren't they magma-immune ??? ? This makes them slightly less terrifying now, actually 
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 07, 2013, 11:49:32 am »

Stinky goblins. Check my nose for bad injuries, that'll need a lot of nicely scented soap to heal.

If I survive the exposure to such nauseating odours, I'm going to ask the overseer for a light civilian uniform and a dagger for self defense.
No need to worry beyond this. Your dorf just had a light bruise in his stomach. He's now completely unwounded.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 07, 2013, 01:27:32 pm »

If you change their tissue material's melting point above magma temperature, I think they become immune to magma. Resistant, at least.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 07, 2013, 07:54:58 pm »

AND A KILL FOR PUFF.

Not only am I stonewhisperer, I am GOBLINBANE.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 272